V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

oldtimer
Team Manager

4023 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  12:45:21  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Chaz is contracted to Tickford for 2019 and DJR/TP has announce that it is keeping it's two current drivers for 2019 and no third car.

Why is all this speculation in Silly 2019. It should be in Silly 2020........

Anyway, if Chaz does announce his 2020 contract during 2019, there are other teams on the radar for him to join. At least two with Mustangs and at least one with Commodore and yet another with an unannounced model. All these choices have been the subject of rumour except for a second Mustang at 23Red, which is just wishful thinking on my part.

These is also the perennial rumours starting again about Tickford and the number of cars they will run.

23red have confirmed one car for 2019 so I guess that it now off topic also.

Fixed.

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 30 Oct 2018 :  13:44:35  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/30/queensland-premier-seeks-talks-over-gold-coast-indy-return/

This could certainly help bring it in line with a 'Summer Series' in 2020.

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 30 Oct 2018 :  17:38:05  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Would Supercars want a 500km enduro in February?

Maybe Indycars replace Supercars in the event of a February move for the event..... Indycars are unlikely to want to race on the Saturday as well.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13313 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Oct 2018 :  23:59:40  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
February is traditionally the the Gold Coasts wettest month

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion

1050 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 31 Oct 2018 :  11:24:11  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Along with the remaining eleven

Edited by - JD on 31 Oct 2018 11:25:01
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8082 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 31 Oct 2018 :  16:51:22  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Would they revert back to the old track layout?

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10342 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Oct 2018 :  17:35:19  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

I don't think that's possible

They could probably do something more for an Indycar race than they have right now for the V8s though.
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 31 Oct 2018 :  18:19:26  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

Not possible. Light rail down the straight between the old 2nd chicane (current turn 4 hairpin) and the old turn 3, makes it essentially a single lane down there.

Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3548 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 01 Nov 2018 :  17:14:44  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They could possibly extend the circuit to the North though, there' room up there.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 01 Nov 2018 :  17:22:58  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

They could possibly extend the circuit to the North though, there' room up there.

Isn't that more housing and residential though? I thought the same thing a while ago but I had a quick look and thought it looked like houses.

Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3548 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 02 Nov 2018 :  07:14:02  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

quote:

Isn't that more housing and residential though? I thought the same thing a while ago but I had a quick look and thought it looked like houses.

To some degree.

A heap of them still get rented for the race, and you wouldn't have to go too much further north

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2354 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 02 Nov 2018 :  08:51:41  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Townsville seemed very residential after the turn 1 straight to me?
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 02 Nov 2018 :  09:21:02  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ignition

quote:

quote:

Townsville seemed very residential after the turn 1 straight to me?

And I didn't even think of my local - Newcastle.

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2517 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 07 Nov 2018 :  20:47:39  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This post is here as it probably 5o late to change the rules for season 2019.

So after seeing the Mustang today surely there has got to be some changes to the regs. Supercars should not expect manufacturers to butcher their cars as much as this to suit a chassis and cage design that has been used for over 10 years.

Volvo and Nissan have came and gone and no doubt the this along with engine regs are the two major factors keeping people out!

Camaro and any other 2 doors will be out for sure after seeing the abortion that was released today, Ford fans must be furious and now I know why Ford left it so long to allow it in the series.
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Nov 2018 :  20:58:19  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I feel like it would be a bit unfair to expect Ford to spend more money on redesigning the Mustang for 2020. I was thinking today that perhaps they may wait until something like what happened in 2003 when they introduced Project Blueprint; that is, wait until two (or more) manufacturers want to introduce a new car and redesign in then. At least that way it'll be a bit fairer, if there is a difference in chassis/roll cage/whatever.

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  08:29:12  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
BMW keen on Mostert for a full-time contract!
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/bmw-keen-on-full-time-2020-mostert-deal/

What would you do?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.22 seconds.