V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

JD
V8 Champion

1051 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  22:18:45  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gawd if true why o why when one more season and he could be with DJRP and all its benefits. Even Chaz won't get those old WAU jalopies up front.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11163 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  09:23:03  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's good we get Scott for the next few years. I'd say his NASCAR dream is put on hold for now as I struggle to see where he would fit given that Roger currently has Austin Cindric, Ryan Blaney, Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski.

If he were to go, would he follow the Ambrose path through Trucks, Xfinity and then Cup Series, or could Roger find a slot for him straight away in Xfinity?

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  09:42:48  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Chaz had replaced either driver at DJR/TP, he would probably have played second fiddle.

If Chaz replaces either driver at WAU, and it's still a big if, he will be a potentially clear number one.

I wonder where Simona will end up in 2020. A few teams would welcome her substantial sponsorship package.

MSR, with their strong 888 contacts and individual attention would seem the most suited. Simona lives locally too. Tekno too, but only if they update the car.

BJR have trouble getting full season sponsorship for their crash prone drivers. If Simona keeps getting targeted by other backmarkers, then at least, they are well experienced at fixing cars, and the Harvey Norman money would help.

quote:
To help unlock her potential in the category, De Silvestro has once again teamed up with Warburton, who was instrumental in bringing the former IndyCar driver to the series for 2017, to help find a competitive package for 2020.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/07/05/warburton-to-help-de-silvestro-secure-best-possible-place-on-grid/
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
263 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  10:37:15  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think this news shuts the door on Chaz going to DJRTP.

DJRTP don't want two drivers competing with each other - they want one driver going for the championship win and another driver helping with car setup while also getting enough points to take out the teams championship.

Chaz will never be better than Scotty Mac at qualifying and team orders wouldn't allow him to overtake in the race. His goal should be a drive at one of the leading (or potential future leading) Holden teams.

Simona would do well at Tickford as a replacement for Chaz. A huge step up for her, and also good for Tickford — without Chaz they'll need the money.

I wonder if next year will be Fabian's last? Anton would be a logical choice for his replacement - he could learn from Scotty and eventually replace him as DJRTP's next champion. Chaz could maybe stay at Tickford one more year and try to get a seat in Erebus for 2021.

Edited by - abhibeckert on 05 Jul 2019 10:42:42
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  11:03:37  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Simona teaming up with Supercars again to find a drive just proves she could not make it on her own. Simona should head back to what suits her style.

BJR have rolling sponsorship as it generates more income then 1 fulltime sponsor.

Chaz would be perfect for BJR however it is highly unlikely he'll ever pop up there. GRM could do with Chaz also.

Anton will be a loyal long term Erebus driver and a backer will be easily found should they need to do so.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  11:09:44  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
But it appears that Chaz has the 2021 option for DJRTP, that would be for the lead driver no? Why would he go to Erebus? WAU are in no way committed to GM products and now with the Camaro on death row, surely a tie up with Ford and modified Mustangs would be appealing- Ford Special Vehicles anyone? I just can’t see why Chaz would leave Tickford to go to any team other than DJRTP or T8? It’s clearly a regressive step...!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
263 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  11:33:37  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

Simona teaming up with Supercars again to find a drive just proves she could not make it on her own.

I disagree - the fact Supercars is willing to back her means other sponsors would also be willing to back her. Which means she can make it with or without their help.

With their help, she can get a better drive. Why would she turn that down?
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  11:40:37  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Simona teaming up with Supercars again to find a drive ...

I think you have mis-read the reports.

Warburton is not with Supercars.

I was reading about Super2 practice and one startling fact emerges.

Consistently, over the years, Nissans have been competitive in Super2 but not in Super1.

Is it the teams running the cars?
Is it the drivers?

Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
263 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  11:41:32  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

But it appears that Chaz has the 2021 option for DJRTP, that would be for the lead driver no?

Scotty Mac said he's staying there for the foreseeable future. Surely he doesn't mean "next year will be my last".

quote:
Why would he go to Erebus?

They're second in the teams championship despite being held back by an inexperienced driver. That is seriously impressive.

Imagine how good they'd be with Reynolds and Chaz as their drivers? Especially if some of Chaz's best mechanics/crew follow him?

quote:
WAU are in no way committed to GM products and now with the Camaro on death row, surely a tie up with Ford and modified Mustangs would be appealing- Ford Special Vehicles anyone?

Chaz doesn't have any commitment to GM either, so he'd be happy to move to any team that shares his position.

quote:
I just can’t see why Chaz would leave Tickford to go to any team other than DJRTP or T8? It’s clearly a regressive step...!

There are no openings at DJRTP or T8, so they're off the table.

He will never win a championship at Tickford. He might win one by going to an up and coming team like WAU or Erebus.

Edited by - abhibeckert on 05 Jul 2019 11:44:11
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  11:52:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:

Simona teaming up with Supercars again to find a drive ...

I think you have mis-read the reports.

Warburton is not with Supercars.

I was reading about Super2 practice and one startling fact emerges.

Consistently, over the years, Nissans have been competitive in Super2 but not in Super1.

Is it the teams running the cars?
Is it the drivers?

Seamer has said that he would do what he could to assist her in securing a drive.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  12:04:00  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

But it appears that Chaz has the 2021 option for DJRTP, that would be for the lead driver no? Why would he go to Erebus? WAU are in no way committed to GM products and now with the Camaro on death row, surely a tie up with Ford and modified Mustangs would be appealing- Ford Special Vehicles anyone? I just can’t see why Chaz would leave Tickford to go to any team other than DJRTP or T8? It’s clearly a regressive step...!

What makes us think the 2021 deal is on the table?
It could be the cherry that never comes for Chaz...

I also doubt WAU would be throwing oodles of cash at Chaz, no doubt he'll have money, but I think it's the O/S opportunities that is most appealing.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  12:52:02  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Trackside reporter last night that Chaz had an offer for 2021 from DJRTP that he declined and instead signed with WAU from next year...the speculation was where to for JC next year..

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4039 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  17:03:39  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kellys are one of the accredited chassis constructors and there would be a market for their used Nissans to race in Super2 where they are still competetive.

Is it possible that they are quietly constructing some new chassis just waiting for engine and bodywork decisions.

Clearly they have to do something for 2020 or they will continue losing sponsors.

I had thought that they might look at Mustangs, but they have Holden support in TCR, so Commodore could be on the cards.

They could still fit a category (Chev or Ford) engine to a pair of the Altimas as a B team or even all four.

The Kelly Team is the lynchpin for changes next year. No top driver wants to run the Altimas and the best result achieved by the family has been using TOM Walkinshaw Holdens with two championships.

They need two competitive cars and a top driver to partner Rick or he may as well retire or BP may pull their Castrol money.

Maybe they could pack a pair of Nissans and all their Nissan parts off to Sydney as the new race team.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8087 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  17:28:45  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Trackside reporter last night that Chaz had an offer for 2021 from DJRTP that he declined and instead signed with WAU from next year...the speculation was where to for JC next year..

Seems like Chaz got sour over the “we want you but not next year” from DJRTP and with the likely breakdown at Tickford WAU comes along with an attractive multi year prospect. Why wouldn’t you?

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  17:34:30  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Seems like Chaz got sour over the “we want you but not next year” from DJRTP and with the likely breakdown at Tickford WAU comes along with an attractive multi year prospect. Why wouldn’t you?

Just the race and championship wins would stop me I guess....? Maybe that doesn't rate with Chaz???

Edited by - REM on 05 Jul 2019 17:36:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.75 seconds.