V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

JD
V8 Champion

1051 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  17:57:40  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agreed as he's been adamant he wants a championship which he won't get at WAU.

During todays telecast Murph put him on the spot and he did seem to pour cold water on this "rumour" but again that could be purposeful deflection.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10344 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  22:06:46  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

I think this news shuts the door on Chaz going to DJRTP.

DJRTP don't want two drivers competing with each other - they want one driver going for the championship win and another driver helping with car setup while also getting enough points to take out the teams championship.

Chaz will never be better than Scotty Mac at qualifying and team orders wouldn't allow him to overtake in the race. His goal should be a drive at one of the leading (or potential future leading) Holden teams.

Simona would do well at Tickford as a replacement for Chaz. A huge step up for her, and also good for Tickford — without Chaz they'll need the money.

I wonder if next year will be Fabian's last? Anton would be a logical choice for his replacement - he could learn from Scotty and eventually replace him as DJRTP's next champion. Chaz could maybe stay at Tickford one more year and try to get a seat in Erebus for 2021.

DJRTP not wanting drivers competing against eachother for the Series goes completely against Team Penske DNA overseas, infact the team had always thrived off exactly the opposite.

Penske overseas has always never been about training up young drivers, that's for other smaller teams to do, Penske had only ever been about winning and hiring drivers ready to do so

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 05 Jul 2019 22:10:49
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  23:05:59  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe Chaz is just being realistic that all the top drives are taken.

Could he be going for the $$$$ now and giving something back to his parents for all the financial support he has had over the years and also establishing himself financially for home and family?

In two years, he will still be youngish and most of the top spot holders will have retired, moved on or become slow in their old age as they approach 40 or even past it.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 06 Jul 2019 :  19:49:34  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Could he be going for the $$$$ now and giving something back to his parents for all the financial support he has had over the years and also establishing himself financially for home and family?

In two years, he will still be youngish and most of the top spot holders will have retired, moved on or become slow in their old age as they approach 40 or even past it.

Are you saying he has been driving for peanuts?
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  00:53:15  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Are you saying he has been driving for peanuts?

Learn to read.
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
263 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  08:08:27  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

DJRTP don't want two drivers competing with each other - they want one driver going for the championship win and another driver helping with car setup while also getting enough points to take out the teams championship.

Chaz will never be better than Scotty Mac at qualifying and team orders wouldn't allow him to overtake in the race. His goal should be a drive at one of the leading (or potential future leading) Holden teams.

Simona would do well at Tickford as a replacement for Chaz. A huge step up for her, and also good for Tickford — without Chaz they'll need the money.

I wonder if next year will be Fabian's last? Anton would be a logical choice for his replacement - he could learn from Scotty and eventually replace him as DJRTP's next champion. Chaz could maybe stay at Tickford one more year and try to get a seat in Erebus for 2021.

DJRTP not wanting drivers competing against eachother for the Series goes completely against Team Penske DNA overseas, infact the team had always thrived off exactly the opposite.

Penske overseas has always never been about training up young drivers, that's for other smaller teams to do, Penske had only ever been about winning and hiring drivers ready to do so

If you say so - I’ve tried watching American racing but it always puts me to sleep.

All I can see is what’s happening in Supercars - where battles for position never happen at DJRTP except at turn one lap one and even then they’re weak sauce battles with Fabian giving in easily.

They’ve qualified side by side often this year and finished a lot of races on the top two steps of the podium - you’d think they’d have had a good battle at least once - but it’s never happened.

I suspect they were allowed to race in 2017 and they finished 2nd/3rd in the championship instead of winning it. The team orders were added in 2018 and that’s why they finished 1st and 9th. Same thing is happening this year, but they’re so much faster than the rest of the field that Fabian is still 2nd despite trailing by 681 points.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13314 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  09:18:40  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

If you say so - I’ve tried watching American racing but it always puts me to sleep.

All I can see is what’s happening in Supercars - where battles for position never happen at DJRTP except at turn one lap one and even then they’re weak sauce battles with Fabian giving in easily.

They’ve qualified side by side often this year and finished a lot of races on the top two steps of the podium - you’d think they’d have had a good battle at least once - but it’s never happened.

I suspect they were allowed to race in 2017 and they finished 2nd/3rd in the championship instead of winning it. The team orders were added in 2018 and that’s why they finished 1st and 9th. Same thing is happening this year, but they’re so much faster than the rest of the field that Fabian is still 2nd despite trailing by 681 points.

Apart from a brain fart you'll find most drivers won't race hard with their team mate. It would be akin to giving your mate a stiff arm in Rugby League. They are part of team and most team members will play that game and let the faster car through.
There are exemptions to this of course. The Nissans don't mind swapping paint and Whincup used to dive bomb Lowndes all the time so he was in front and then got pit priority which actually cost Lowndes a couple of Bathursts because he was the one stacking and his race was run for Whincup to throw it away one way or the other

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Pit Crew

139 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  12:37:48  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I notice that Courtney has no helmet sponsors in the Townsville top 10 shootout. Would that mean he hasn't any support to find a new team next year if Chaz completely loses his marbles and goes to WAU?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  12:45:12  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mechz

I notice that Courtney has no helmet sponsors in the Townsville top 10 shootout. Would that mean he hasn't any support to find a new team next year if Chaz completely loses his marbles and goes to WAU?

IMO, if you can’t get into 888 or Penske...the next best would be WAU...I’m predicting that they will be the biggest improvers with the extra funding

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Pit Crew

139 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  12:49:21  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shouldn't the extra funding be doing something for them already?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  12:57:43  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Shouldn't the extra funding be doing something for them already?

Penske wernt winning straight away.
..but WAU are due

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Pit Crew

139 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  14:56:38  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just looking at JCs website, last update was from his Adelaide results....2017

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  15:25:08  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Just looking at JCs website, last update was from his Adelaide results....2017

All their websites are like that.
Even Craig Lowndes hasn't got a 2018 Bathurst winning update (and he literally just relaunched it this weekend).

Wouldn't read too much into it.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  17:32:19  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I noticed that too. Not a single sponsor on there.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Jul 2019 :  20:31:43  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it's been like that all year but yes it is a bit strange.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds.