V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 12 Jul 2019 :  19:27:07  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I notice BJR drivers competing in lower, almost lowest, classes.

Maybe they know something about their 2020 Supercar contracts that worries them.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 14 Jul 2019 :  12:15:54  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Maybe they know something about their 2020 Supercar contracts that worries them.

I'm not sure they even have contracts.
Brad Jones loves a handshake deal.

--

If this thing could gain anymore traction:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/courtney-keen-on-mostert-wau-pairing/

Courtney v Pye is interesting. Who stays?
Some here think Courtney has connections with MEGA and SharkBite, some podcasts I listen to suggest Pye brings in more money...
You'd ere on the side of youth (excuse GRM) in this case wouldn't you?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 17 Jul 2019 09:21:08
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  10:51:19  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:

I'm not sure they even have contracts.
Brad Jones loves a handshake deal.

--

If this thing could gain anymore traction:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/courtney-keen-on-mostert-wau-pairing/

Courtney v Pye is interesting. Who stays?
Some here think Courtney has connections with MEGA and SharkBite, some podcasts I listen to suggest Pye brings in more money...
You'd ere on the side of youth (excuse GRM) in this case wouldn't you?

I'd get rid of more then just one driver. Problems at WAU and their poor results go much deeper then who steers their heaps of crap
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  12:39:13  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Would you want one drivers as a baseline though?

Word is that if Chaz goes, de Borre will come too. Meaning surely WAU are open to a whole shift in the characteristics of making a racing car.
Peract and Holdsworth suggest it'll just become a Prodrive car with a ZB skin.

...and in that case, I reckon it might be handy to have a baseline driver to mix the two on one side of the garage.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
263 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  15:51:31  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fordie

If I was DJR Penske I would try and get De Pasquale on a multi year deal! Or a dark horse Will Brown......

Everyone wants De Pasquale. Heís doing the right thing focusing on his driving and trusting Paul Morris to choose/negotiate the best team for him.

I think heís just as likely to replace Whincup as go to Penske.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  16:03:20  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

Everyone wants De Pasquale. ...

Everyone!!!!!!!

Is that just your assertion or is it a fact. If so, can you please supply the source reference for everyone.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  17:34:30  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Would you want one drivers as a baseline though?

Word is that if Chaz goes, de Borre will come too. Meaning surely WAU are open to a whole shift in the characteristics of making a racing car.

...and in that case, I reckon it might be handy to have a baseline driver to mix the two on one side of the garage.

It's also suggested that a Chaz and de Borre move could bring some new body panels. Yes, the W part of WAU is the owner of HSV, but surely the A and the U (although it's a B and D) do get a say in the make up of the cars?

I'd say they'd keep a slice of the Pye, and JC will follow the path to another part of Melbourne and become the Boost the team needs.

As for AdP, surely Barry Ryan has a little say in his future, given that he does own half of the franchise that he races under?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  18:44:50  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

Everyone wants De Pasquale. ...

Everyone!!!!!!!

Is that just your assertion or is it a fact. If so, can you please supply the source reference for everyone.

Word from 1 team is that 4 teams are very interested but not all of them for full time next season
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  21:31:05  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And I'm sure the others would want him too but perhaps know he's out of their sights.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10344 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  22:42:02  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How many RECs are getting handed in after this season?
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  23:02:33  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I heard that too on the podcast that CM/AD will turn the WAU car into a PRA one. Why waste all that time and energy turning a slow car into a fast one when you could either stay in a quick car or move to the fastest one on the grid? Fair enough if they no longer want to work at PRA but why turn down the DJRTP ride then? I hope the rumour that CM and SM donít get along isnít the reason because thatís pathetic.

As for who WAU should keep? Iíd scrap both and get two keen drivers willing to start from scratch and drag the team back to the front.

Edited by - HRTKLR on 17 Jul 2019 23:03:01
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Jul 2019 :  00:23:45  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
James Courtney says heíd relish the chance to be team-mates with Chaz Mostert at Walkinshaw Andretti United in 2020.

Double meaning here:

Does Courtney suggest that Pye should be dumped and He kept? Team mates in different cars.

or

Does Courtney want to be taken off full time and signed to partner Chaz? team mates in the same car.

I would think that Scott Pye would be preferred by teams looking to upgrade drivers.

As for the suggestion that they convert WAU cars to Tickford cars, I am assuming that the reference is to car setup style. If what you are doing does not work, then try something else.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 18 Jul 2019 :  09:02:02  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
James Courtney says heíd relish the chance to be team-mates with Chaz Mostert at Walkinshaw Andretti United in 2020.

As for the suggestion that they convert WAU cars to Tickford cars, I am assuming that the reference is to car setup style. If what you are doing does not work, then try something else.

Yes, to do with set up but think of it logically. If they want a Tickford set up, why go to another team to do it when they already have that set up? Especially since the Tickford Mustang is faster than a WAU ZB so why try and make a slow car fast when youíve got a fast car? I can understand CM wanting to move to the fastest car on the grid, a DJRTP Mustang,but heís rejected that.

I wonder how Fabs feels knowing he only kept his seat because CM rejected it.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Jul 2019 :  09:37:24  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

[quote]...

I wonder how Fabs feels knowing he only kept his seat because CM rejected it.

If the allegation is factual????
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 18 Jul 2019 :  12:56:06  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why change to a Tickford set up when it's failed so often before? The Tickford Mustangs are only so high in the championship because Penske designed the Mustang.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8.89 seconds.