V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8087 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  05:52:30  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

Why change to a Tickford set up when it's failed so often before? The Tickford Mustangs are only so high in the championship because Penske designed the Mustang.

I wouldnít say Tickford has failed, they have plenty of silverware but I get your point. So the notion that they would try and set up a ZB like the PRA car is ridiculous. Just like moving to WAU when a DJRTP was there for the taking. I look forward to laughing at him as I do Frosty now for their dumbass decision.

I feel really sad for Frosty....

Frosty didnít leave a then current winning team so itís hard to feel sad for him

Cant wait to see Mozzie in a Holden at WAU, hopefully it all happens.

Also could WAU get a second new driver in Todd Hazelwood?

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  08:56:59  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

Why change to a Tickford set up when it's failed so often before? The Tickford Mustangs are only so high in the championship because Penske designed the Mustang.

I wouldnít say Tickford has failed, they have plenty of silverware but I get your point. So the notion that they would try and set up a ZB like the PRA car is ridiculous. Just like moving to WAU when a DJRTP was there for the taking. I look forward to laughing at him as I do Frosty now for their dumbass decision.

Frosty didnít leave a then current winning team so itís hard to feel sad for him

Disagree, the series needs a fast driver and fast car to step up and challenge Scotty, and Chaz is doing that now....it will not be the case when he is running around with Frosty at the back of the ten in a WAU ZB...the series will be poorer for the loss of a competitive Chaz...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 20 Jul 2019 12:02:51
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  13:05:04  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

Hazelwood deserves a drive in a well-funded team but he deserves better than those ****box WAU ZBs. Maybe Tickford could pick him up?

Edited by - HRTKLR on 20 Jul 2019 13:06:08
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1122 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  14:04:21  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

Hazelwood deserves a drive in a well-funded team but he deserves better than those ****box WAU ZBs. Maybe Tickford could pick him up?

Come on, mate. EVERYONE wants to be in a Mustang right now. Tickford, or not. But calling WAU sh-tboxes when compared with who he is with now?

Sure. TH has proven he rates a step up. but don't call out WAU when you compare them to Tickford.

I'm an American Ford man from WAAAAAAY back when, but I'll still tip my cap to WAU for trying to bring Holden back up to the front and doing what they can with what they have..

Go the General's camp! They have a tough row to hoe rigt now to get back up on top of the pile. We need Chas over there! It would be GREAT for this series!

But they are not sh-tboxes. They just have to play the best hand they have been dealt.

Rant.....

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  14:42:22  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:

Come on, mate. EVERYONE wants to be in a Mustang right now. Tickford, or not. But calling WAU sh-tboxes when compared with who he is with now?

Sure. TH has proven he rates a step up. but don't call out WAU when you compare them to Tickford.

I'm an American Ford man from WAAAAAAY back when, but I'll still tip my cap to WAU for trying to bring Holden back up to the front and doing what they can with what they have..

Go the General's camp! They have a tough row to hoe rigt now to get back up on top of the pile. We need Chas over there! It would be GREAT for this series!

But they are not sh-tboxes. They just have to play the best hand they have been dealt.

Rant.....

Not me, **** the Mustang I'll wait for the slick Corvette at WAU
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

145 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  17:10:23  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Love the corvette dream, but it works look worse than the stang on that chassis and I couldnít bring myself to see that happen to such a beautiful piece of gear. Unless they run the convertible
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  18:27:51  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can't imagine the current chassis dimensions will continue into the next regulations though

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  19:10:22  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bartlett

Love the corvette dream, but it works look worse than the stang on that chassis and I couldnít bring myself to see that happen to such a beautiful piece of gear. Unless they run the convertible

New regs coming to suit mate. Can't keep them Holdens down for long

Edited by - troy01505 on 20 Jul 2019 19:10:44
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  20:42:48  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

A Corvette isnít a Holden, sport.
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

145 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  21:44:30  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hope youíre right Troy!!!!
Go to Top of Page

WarrenK
Transporter Driver

Australia
30 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  21:54:30  Show Profile Send WarrenK a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Isn't the Corvette a mid engined sports car?

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat with experience every time.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 20 Jul 2019 :  23:31:02  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Not sure WAU would be so quick to jump.
Early word suggests that HSV will have nothing to do with the 'vette.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

145 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 21 Jul 2019 :  15:52:11  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After reading a few articles on the Vette, am I the only one who thinks theyíd take the Camaro over it any day?
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22231 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 21 Jul 2019 :  18:28:24  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What about in 2020 though...
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 21 Jul 2019 :  21:06:35  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That Corvette cannot satisfy genuine Holden fans? It's over.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 9.59 seconds.