V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  10:23:47  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

Would Supercars want a 500km enduro in February?

Maybe Indycars replace Supercars in the event of a February move for the event..... Indycars are unlikely to want to race on the Saturday as well.

Bring the Indy's out for Clipsal... different track, maybe an excuse to go back to the full layout...

Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2355 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  11:38:43  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

BMW keen on Mostert for a full-time contract!
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/bmw-keen-on-full-time-2020-mostert-deal/

What would you do?

personally i'd jump all over anything BMW and international motorsport related.

much brighter horizon i would imagine.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  11:43:46  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

BMW keen on Mostert for a full-time contract!
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/bmw-keen-on-full-time-2020-mostert-deal/

What would you do?

I hope he stays. If we lose Chaz and Scotty, then we've lost both the best Ford drivers. Unless Ford poaches some of the top guys from Holden then it'd be a lean few years for Ford.

That said if he goes then good on him.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6639 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  18:26:42  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Unless Tickford come out firing with a fast car in the first four rounds, I would be ****ing them right off. Take a BMW contract for sure.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  19:30:34  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was there not rumours that Chaz already signed with Penske for 2020?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1583 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  20:26:02  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

Would Supercars want a 500km enduro in February?

Maybe Indycars replace Supercars in the event of a February move for the event..... Indycars are unlikely to want to race on the Saturday as well.

Bring the Indy's out for Clipsal... different track, maybe an excuse to go back to the full layout...

GP track can't be used due to urban development.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2521 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2019 :  00:39:38  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Rumours, there are also rumours that a major sponsor will not be sticking round unless the car is not right up the front also.

Edited by - troy01505 on 27 Feb 2019 00:41:36
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  00:47:55  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

If he goes to BMW, I'd be hitting up Penske for an enduro drive with McLaughlin alongside it.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  06:19:41  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/mclaughlin-supercars-nascar-obvious-goal/4343871/?fbclid=IwAR2Dc7WNnIzIfCBP3_ZhI-vUZR88y3kKafvsGBpyHwvB7Y2idBJx_ZF8h4U

Scotty confirms NASCAR future....once he wins Bathurst and another series....that could occur this year! DJRTP better sign Chaz quick smart...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11159 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  09:42:01  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chaz in 2020:

The Penske carrot may feature NASCAR Xfinity series outings if they offer that, and maybe the occasional drive in their Acura protoype.

BMW carrot offers drives in all the big enduros (Bathurst 12 Hour/Spa 24 hour/Daytona 24 Hour/Sebring 12 Hour/Nurburgring 24 Hour) in their outgoing M6 GT3 and new GT3 car, a full time GTLM deal in the US and/or possible LMP1 and DPi drives if BMW go down that path.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  12:11:34  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems our little pond is starting to make some waves!

REM, I've suggested a few times that this is Scotty's last year. If he wins the C'ship this year I reckon he's a gonner. He's still young but you can't keep waiting for a Bathurst win or second series.
He has a sense of Ambrose about him.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  13:23:59  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scotty is only visiting Australia.

Why not visit USA next?
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion

1050 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  15:01:16  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
IMHO whilst NASCAR races can sometimes be good to watch it is not actually a pinacle world racing series. It's more about money versus making you a world motorsport star.

Yes, there are obvious abilities required of the driver but there's also a lot of dependence on other factors such as actual teammate assistance during a race etc etc and moreso too many outcomes are actually a result of pure luck.

If Scotty has to move on then I would have preferred to see him compete in a truly world series against the worlds best etc but if he chooses to go to Nascar then that's his choice.

One thing for sure is he will set himself up as Ambrose only won a couple of races but he came home with $40 plus Mil in the bank, which IMHO would be NASCAR's main attraction !!!!!
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 28 Feb 2019 :  17:34:55  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

REM, I've suggested a few times that this is Scotty's last year. If he wins the C'ship this year I reckon he's a gonner. He's still young but you can't keep waiting for a Bathurst win or second series.

I don't get this comment... What his driving in 2020 will be decided & locked in well before we have a winner for 2019. The 2 are not linked together IMO
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 01 Mar 2019 :  00:55:47  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:

I don't get this comment... What his driving in 2020 will be decided & locked in well before we have a winner for 2019. The 2 are not linked together IMO

My thoughts too. Didn't Ambrose make his announcement pretty much at the start of the 2005 season?

_Mford

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.22 seconds.