V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  09:41:07  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Frosty was fine at Tickford, until Chaz became the lead driver....following which Frosty soon left...and Charlie sure loves JC

Not sure the 'lead' driver will be a problem for them.
Who's lead and whatnot only becomes an issue when you're fighting for wins, otherwise the team works pretty cohesively to try and get there.

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Also interesting that ADP looks like having only a one year deal with an option with Erebus, but some level of talks with another team, should their lead driver depart for the US in 21....guess we have to give up on Chaz ever going there now...Pye to Tickford to replace Chaz sounds cool though....

Pye is ordinary at best. Tickford need a star not a journeyman.

Team 18 are useless and will never achieve anything. They should be second to Red Bull but they won’t even beat Erebus.

ADP, Hazelwood and Brown are three of the most exciting prospects going around. I hope they can all be in competitive machinery and competing for wins over the next few years.

As usual, you're fairly scathing for a few who are only a tenth or two on the wrong side of being superstars.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

m4rf
Fujitsu Driver

603 Posts
joined 08 Mar 12

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  10:35:06  Show Profile Send m4rf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interested to see if Fulwood has enough budget for the main and Possibly the Kelly Gang.

To dare is to do.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  11:23:40  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Also interesting that ADP looks like having only a one year deal with an option with Erebus, but some level of talks with another team, should their lead driver depart for the US in 21....guess we have to give up on Chaz ever going there now...Pye to Tickford to replace Chaz sounds cool though....

Pye is ordinary at best. Tickford need a star not a journeyman.

Team 18 are useless and will never achieve anything. They should be second to Red Bull but they won’t even beat Erebus.

ADP, Hazelwood and Brown are three of the most exciting prospects going around. I hope they can all be in competitive machinery and competing for wins over the next few years.

trouble is....which star is available?

Indeed that’s the problem so the only solution to go and find/develop one. Will Brown might be a good place to start.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  14:34:54  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Any truth to the rumour of team 18 acquiring a second REC for Courtney?

Would the REC come from an existing team, or from Supercars?
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  16:50:35  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

Yes!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 27 Jul 2019 :  14:21:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:

Yes!

To both?
Go to Top of Page

m4rf
Fujitsu Driver

603 Posts
joined 08 Mar 12

Posted - 01 Aug 2019 :  07:54:15  Show Profile Send m4rf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With the Kelly's and Nissan open to updating the Altimas could we see the new Maxima or Altima on the grid next year? Stephen Lester is quoted as saying he is open to discuss the Kelly Racing program going forward but not wanting to restart the supercars program in its current regulations. Both Nissan and Kelly Racing are waiting on the new regulations before committing to anything next year and beyond. I have heard Nick Ryan say numerous times the Kelly's would not be a customer team to any of the Holden and Ford teams as they are one of the few teams that can build and supply their own cars. He also said that the idea of sharing the cost of homologating a new car with any new car would help alleviate the need for full factory support.

To dare is to do.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8088 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 02 Aug 2019 :  18:05:28  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Altimas gone, and it won’t be back. They won’t do Maxima either.
My guess is they’ll stay Altima next year until next-Gen we might see a change.
I bet the Kelly’s find TCR much easier!!
All I hope is Andre stays in the series, be in KR or another team.

Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6295 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 02 Aug 2019 :  18:30:19  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Kellys will stay with the Alimas and almost certain their team structure will be presented to prospective manufacturers as 'full service' with recent Supercar dev knowledge of modern multi cammed engines.

This would make them the most attractive team to any new manufacturers outside of the already locked in DJRP/Tickford/T8's of the circus. If no new manufacturers comes, then 2021, pick one of the existing body flop/donks and they'd be more suited to the 'Stang given they can knock out their own panels.
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  06:28:31  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, as things have slowed down here this month, I'll stoke the fire and ask this:

Who are the most likely drivers to be shown the door? Not so much a driver opting out for another team, but one to just be pushed in the back and launched out into the street (with both half doors swinging like in any good American western movie)?

Richie? Or would he be pulled out by Boost and both go elsewhere? Golding (to leave the aforementioned at GRM and a new driver brought in)? Jacobson?

Anyone else shown the door would more than likely be a swap-for-swap deal, for guys like Courtney & Pye.... they are not leaving the series. They'll land somewhere other than an enduro gig.

Will Brad opt to move his kid out?

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8088 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  16:57:49  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Simona!

I think Brads son is safe for another year.

Go to Top of Page

GTHOXR8
Transporter Driver

Australia
48 Posts
joined 12 May 09

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  20:22:05  Show Profile Send GTHOXR8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here is a wild prediction. Davey Reynolds is going back to Tickford to replace Mostert. During his recent podcast with the Klimenkos, it was pretty certain and relaxed that he was re signing. On this week’s podcast Caruso was giving Davey a hard time as to why the delay. Dave’s response I reckon was guarded and I think he is stalling.Thoughts?

Edited by - GTHOXR8 on 04 Aug 2019 20:23:21
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  21:37:43  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GTHOXR8

Here is a wild prediction. Davey Reynolds is going back to Tickford to replace Mostert. During his recent podcast with the Klimenkos, it was pretty certain and relaxed that he was re signing. On this week’s podcast Caruso was giving Davey a hard time as to why the delay. Dave’s response I reckon was guarded and I think he is stalling.Thoughts?

I bet everything I possess including my membership to this forum he’s not going back to Tickford and I’ll go one better, he’ll never race full-time for a Supercar team other than Erebus.
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 05 Aug 2019 :  07:28:55  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

Simona!

Oh.... yeah! I forgot all about her.

Now, she did not bring the Harvey Norman sponsorship with her to Kelly Racing, did she? They came onboard after the fact. So, unless she can bring sponsorship dollars.....?

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 08 Aug 2019 :  07:38:04  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Supercars boss Sean Seamer has described a move to abolish tyre banks and increase the allocation for next year as a ‘unicorn’ part of the championship’s 2020 plans.

The arrangement will not only improve the racing for fans but also save teams a lot of money, according to the championship CEO.

The decision will see teams run on fresh Dunlop rubber at each round next season instead of having to manage their tyre resources and bring pre-marked tyres to the track for use in practice sessions.

It will follow a similar process used for the annual visit to New Zealand with teams given all new tyres for the event due to strict quarantine laws that prevent teams bringing in used tyres to the country.

The lack of tyre quality in practice has long been a bugbear of drivers and teams.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/08/08/new-supercars-tyre-deal-a-unicorn-part-of-2020-plans/

The thing about Unicorns is that while they were Horny, they are extinct. Is that Seamers plan.

Still, it is a good idea,
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 14.77 seconds.