V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2521 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 08 Aug 2019 :  10:34:08  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Supercars boss Sean Seamer has described a move to abolish tyre banks and increase the allocation for next year as a ‘unicorn’ part of the championship’s 2020 plans.

The arrangement will not only improve the racing for fans but also save teams a lot of money, according to the championship CEO.

The decision will see teams run on fresh Dunlop rubber at each round next season instead of having to manage their tyre resources and bring pre-marked tyres to the track for use in practice sessions.

It will follow a similar process used for the annual visit to New Zealand with teams given all new tyres for the event due to strict quarantine laws that prevent teams bringing in used tyres to the country.

The lack of tyre quality in practice has long been a bugbear of drivers and teams.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/08/08/new-supercars-tyre-deal-a-unicorn-part-of-2020-plans/

The thing about Unicorns is that while they were Horny, they are extinct. Is that Seamers plan.

Still, it is a good idea,

I'd rather have 2 or more different tyre manufacturers or something to create some points of difference in the cars. If not take half their tyres of them.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8086 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 11 Aug 2019 :  08:43:30  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:
Originally posted by GTHOXR8

Here is a wild prediction. Davey Reynolds is going back to Tickford to replace Mostert. During his recent podcast with the Klimenkos, it was pretty certain and relaxed that he was re signing. On this week’s podcast Caruso was giving Davey a hard time as to why the delay. Dave’s response I reckon was guarded and I think he is stalling.Thoughts?

I bet everything I possess including my membership to this forum he’s not going back to Tickford and I’ll go one better, he’ll never race full-time for a Supercar team other than Erebus.

Exactly. After the way he got let go at the end of 2015.

Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion

New Zealand
1130 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

Posted - 11 Aug 2019 :  15:22:43  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

Simona!

Oh.... yeah! I forgot all about her.

Now, she did not bring the Harvey Norman sponsorship with her to Kelly Racing, did she? They came onboard after the fact. So, unless she can bring sponsorship dollars.....?

I believe Harvey Norman did the deal with Supercars and got her onboard, and then brought it to Kelly Racing. So they could take her to another team.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Aug 2019 :  17:04:52  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bloopy

quote:

quote:

Simona!

Now, she did not bring the Harvey Norman sponsorship with her to Kelly Racing, did she? They came onboard after the fact. So, unless she can bring sponsorship dollars.....?

I believe Harvey Norman did the deal with Supercars and got her onboard, and then brought it to Kelly Racing. So they could take her to another team.

Simona and Harvey Norman ran with Tickford before the Nissan Deal.

Maybe they could land back there.

As I seem to recall, Katie Page, the Harvey Norman Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, was the force behind the Women in racing sponsorship.

There are a few more women rising through the categories so Simona might yet have a female co-driver next year.

Put her in a Mustang, even if it is the B team, and let Simona show that it was the Nissan holding her back.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6639 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 12 Aug 2019 :  14:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Simona doesn't like being in the B-team: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0dAZCtgY7r/

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8086 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 12 Aug 2019 :  15:52:29  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Simona will be gone from the series at the end of this year IMO. There’s only so long a driver can sit beyond 20th in the championship.

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 12 Aug 2019 :  18:03:30  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Simona doesn't like being in the B-team: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0dAZCtgY7r/

I was referring to Tickford as the "B" Mustang Team.

Obviously DJR/TP is the "A" team and there are no vacancies.

Tickford, on the other hand, has three cars and potentially three vacancies.

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2521 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 12 Aug 2019 :  19:14:42  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bloopy

quote:

quote:

Simona!

Simona and Harvey Norman ran with Tickford before the Nissan Deal.

Maybe they could land back there.

As I seem to recall, Katie Page, the Harvey Norman Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, was the force behind the Women in racing sponsorship.

There are a few more women rising through the categories so Simona might yet have a female co-driver next year.

Put her in a Mustang, even if it is the B team, and let Simona show that it was the Nissan holding her back.

Nissan is part of the problem but Simona is the other part.

Tickford have gone backwards in driver quality this year and either need to sell off a REC or cough up some serious cash for someone better.

Chaz chatting to a QLD team apparently this week.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 12 Aug 2019 :  19:35:16  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
MSR, Supercheap money, 888 full spec cars and Chaz,

Now that would really set the cart among the pigeons,

With a bit of luck MSR could then keep Hazlewood as a teammate in a second car. That would be a dynamite combo.

PS: I am not suggesting 888 machinery is the best at the moment, but without any doubt, it is certainly the best available to customers.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Aug 2019 :  06:25:08  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

With a bit of luck MSR could then keep Hazlewood as a teammate in a second car. That would be a dynamite combo.

PS: I am not suggesting 888 machinery is the best at the moment, but without any doubt, it is certainly the best available to customers.

I think Phil Munday would disagree.....we could do a Will versus Frosty customer car comparo if you doubt it and need proof?

Mostert in a MSR ZB....as exciting as Frosty in a T8 CSR car... I guess they (Frosty and Chaz) would be running side by side again.....somewhere in the mid-pack?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 13 Aug 2019 06:28:39
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9571 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 13 Aug 2019 :  08:07:12  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

I think Phil Munday would disagree.....we could do a Will versus Frosty customer car comparo if you doubt it and need proof?

Mostert in a MSR ZB....as exciting as Frosty in a T8 CSR car... I guess they (Frosty and Chaz) would be running side by side again.....somewhere in the mid-pack?

I prefer the Frosty vs Holdsworth comparo

I still think Chaz will end up at T8. Supercheap money should cover the REC quite nicely.

Edited by - HRTKLR on 13 Aug 2019 08:07:40
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4029 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Aug 2019 :  08:09:03  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Clearly Munday is an in-house customer at Tickford.

Unless they are selling current spec Mustangs to other teams, with full support and data, then my comment that 888 machinery is the best available stands.
Go to Top of Page

littledozer
Transporter Driver

Australia
93 Posts
joined 14 Oct 13

Posted - 16 Aug 2019 :  02:12:27  Show Profile Send littledozer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Clearly Munday is an in-house customer at Tickford.

Unless they are selling current spec Mustangs to other teams, with full support and data, then my comment that 888 machinery is the best available stands.

Point of order.

The best available is the only available.

In 2019 the house of 8s appear to be the only organisation offering machinery, data and support.

Other than PRA last year, I can't think of a current team that has provided this option to other teams.

Edited by - littledozer on 16 Aug 2019 02:21:56
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 16 Aug 2019 :  11:02:10  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Delete. Wrong thread.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 16 Aug 2019 11:04:20
Go to Top of Page

fordie
Pit Crew

238 Posts
joined 13 Jul 08

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  13:45:34  Show Profile Send fordie a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chaz has been of late posting a bit about Tickfords form revival and of the rocket, and some photos of the chariot giving it a plug!
I'm beginning to think he might stay with Tickford.......
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.33 seconds.