V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32

argus
V8 Champion

Afghanistan
1077 Posts
joined 27 Jan 10

Posted - 21 Aug 2019 :  19:02:26  Show Profile Send argus a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If anyone noticed. His interview on RPM, he spoke about a Forklift of rumors. The door closed at DJRTP for next year.

Member 00006 of the Church of Ambroseology
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  06:17:50  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So Reynolds could actually be talking to Tickford for next year! If Chaz goes, he would lead the team and get the chance to drive a much Reynolds envied Mustang!

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/08/22/reynolds-may-move-on?fbclid=IwAR2kOhwq7_GeCHaHgEYvZfoWtela3-GxxNvXcbENDE5nmuRM5vPvm-OWBtw

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1119 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  07:43:21  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

So Reynolds could actually be talking to Tickford for next year! If Chaz goes, he would lead the team and get the chance to drive a much Reynolds envied Mustang!

I hope he either re-signs with Betty or goes to WAU. After he was shown the door last time at Tickford, I hope he throws them in the hopper and leaving them without he or Chaz.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2520 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  07:46:19  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/08/22/reynolds-may-move-on?fbclid=IwAR2kOhwq7_GeCHaHgEYvZfoWtela3-GxxNvXcbENDE5nmuRM5vPvm-OWBtw

Might shoot himself in the foot.

A few are going to be very disappointed in the musical chairs this off season
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9569 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  09:36:21  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There’s more chance of me showing up at Tickford than Reynolds.

He’s very close with Ryan Walkinshaw so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was approached but I e heard Dave say he’s an Erebus lifer.

Nothing to see here.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  11:52:19  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

He’s very close with Ryan Walkinshaw so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was approached but I e heard Dave say he’s an Erebus lifer.

Nothing to see here.

but he hasn’t re-signed.....Tickford need a lead driver, they would have plenty of budget...Dave has a limited amount of time to get the big coin, he clearly thinks a Mustang is the jigger to have...I would never say never

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2520 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  18:34:12  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

Nothing to see here.

but he hasn’t re-signed.....Tickford need a lead driver, they would have plenty of budget...Dave has a limited amount of time to get the big coin, he clearly thinks a Mustang is the jigger to have...I would never say never

Plenty of budget? Hmmmm. Maybe slightly more without Chaz but I wouldn't pay Dave as much as I'd pay Chaz. I think Dave will stay put an Tickford will hunt 2 drivers and replace LH also.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4028 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  18:56:43  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who will be displaced by Simona de Silvestro and bags of Harvey Norman money, if she takes one of the Mustangs as a second customer car?

Waters 7th in a superior Mustang.

Holdsworth 10th in another superior Mustang.

Unless it is Chaz, in yet another superior Mustang, who is still behind a Commodore. If he leaves the choice may be simpler, but seriously, they do need a lead driver for 2020. Neither Waters or Holdsworth are number 1 drivers.

Frankly, none of the off contract drivers is particularly exciting.

Maybe they need to follow DJR/TP's lead and employ aliens.

Edit. year corrected to 2020.

Edited by - oldtimer on 22 Aug 2019 22:32:31
Go to Top of Page

m4rf
Fujitsu Driver

601 Posts
joined 08 Mar 12

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  22:18:56  Show Profile Send m4rf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Reynolds is going nowhere. As for 2010 old-timer that ship has well and truly sailed.

To dare is to do.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 22 Aug 2019 :  22:30:13  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting ON Trackside that Reynolds management have now confirmed a approach from Tickford?

Go to Top of Page

frosty_fan26
Pit Crew

Australia
118 Posts
joined 14 Mar 12

Posted - 23 Aug 2019 :  13:31:28  Show Profile Send frosty_fan26 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought it was interesting (and strange) on Trackside when Chris Stubbs asked Frosty if James Courtney would be driving at Team 18 next year... but now it makes more sense because during the team managers' press conference today, Charlie Schwerkolt was asked about rumours of Team 18 becoming a 2 car team. He said that if it all lined up, it'd happen (or something like that anyway). And when Courtney was asked about where he was driving next year, he didn't seem confident to me that he'd be at Walkinshaw.

So Frosty and Courtney at Team 18 next year?
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4028 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 23 Aug 2019 :  13:48:38  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by frosty_fan26

I thought it was interesting (and strange) on Trackside when Chris Stubbs asked Frosty if James Courtney would be driving at Team 18 next year... but now it makes more sense because during the team managers' press conference today, Charlie Schwerkolt was asked about rumours of Team 18 becoming a 2 car team. He said that if it all lined up, it'd happen (or something like that anyway). And when Courtney was asked about where he was driving next year, he didn't seem confident to me that he'd be at Walkinshaw.

here's a bit of light reading

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/08/23/team-18-confirms-interest-in-two-car-expansion/

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/schwerkolt-confirms-courtney-2020-talks/
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 23 Aug 2019 :  15:39:11  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by frosty_fan26

Yeah I reckon, JC and MW at T18, Mostie throwing his career away at WAU and hopefully, DR back at Tickford...

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 23 Aug 2019 :  16:13:59  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Musical chairs!

Certainly an interesting one though. WAU possibly having a full clean-out, Davey being courted from all corners - but seemingly happy where he is... money must talk!
888 3rd car for Chaz?
T18 2nd car for JC?

Not sure the Mustang is the silver bullet.
If Chaz is happy to leave, he must think the cars are even across the board, which would suggest Dave moving for the 'stang-factor is flawed.
There is a real opportunity at Tickford right now though. The first one to pull good results once Chaz leaves could have a highly capable team meld around them.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 23 Aug 2019 17:39:42
Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Pit Crew

135 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 23 Aug 2019 :  17:48:13  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What if Chaz and Dave swap seats...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 13.66 seconds.