No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 15 Jun 2019 :  16:41:23  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wombat_00

I wonder when the 2 spare REC's will be put out to tender.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/04/09/spare-supercars-licences-in-play

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/11/kbr-full-time-supercars-graduation-not-off-the-cards/

2 extra Triple8 built cars may be on the grid one for Scott Taylor Motorsport the other Kostecki Brothers Racing.

Why would KBR convert one of there VF's to a ZB just for the endurance races when ZB's aren't allowed in the Super2 Series next year

I'd rule Scott Taylor out for now.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/13/scott-taylor-hesitant-to-enter-supercars-in-current-state/
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7263 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 17 Jun 2019 :  13:55:01  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tickford want an answer from Chaz: The final outcome may be different, but it does have a touch of the Frosty feel from last year?
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/tickford-wants-early-answer-on-mostert-future/

Cindric happy with Fabs:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/penske-boss-hints-at-coulthard-extension/

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Wombat_00
V8 Champion

Australia
1268 Posts
joined 07 Jan 03

Posted - 17 Jun 2019 :  20:31:02  Show Profile  Visit Wombat_00's Homepage Send Wombat_00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Even if Fabian Coulthard stays could DJRTP run a 3rd car to accommodate Chaz Mostert
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14433 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 18 Jun 2019 :  06:03:59  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Expecting Chaz to take up a one year option with Tickford, and has almost certainly signed a lengthy deal for 2021, when Scotty leaves for the US...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Jun 2019 :  17:22:20  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about:

DJR/TP signing Chaz and Scott and Fabs.

Give Fabs a full year for continuity.

Then either Chaz or Scott gets a full year with the other getting some overseas racing, plus a wildcard or two and returning for the Enduro races.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22598 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Jun 2019 :  17:41:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

How about:

Then either Chaz or Scott gets a full year with the other getting some overseas racing, plus a wildcard or two and returning for the Enduro races.

I don't think DJRTP will run 3 cars.
IF they ran more than 2 it would be 4 as they wouldn't want the hassle of a shared pit bay with another team.
I can't see them going to 4 cars.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Jun 2019 :  17:50:40  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

How about:

IF they ran more than 2 it would be 4 as they wouldn't want the hassle of a shared pit bay with another team.

Ok. same scenario. 3 drivers, no wildcards.

They have plenty of alternatives for the part time driver to race elsewhere. Just think what a great combo for the enduros.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7263 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 18 Jun 2019 :  17:53:17  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cindric certainly throwing a fair bit of speculation out there for a team who doesn't speculate...
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/18/penske-boss-suggests-mclaughlins-future-yet-to-be-resolved/

Would BMW still take Chaz if it were a one-year deal?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 18 Jun 2019 17:54:07
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10712 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Jun 2019 :  18:34:56  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

How about:

I'd be slightly surprised if they ran four cars too but I wouldn't be too mad. Bring in Mostert and sign a young bloke like De Pasquale.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
399 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 19 Jun 2019 :  12:54:18  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Would BMW still take Chaz if it were a one-year deal?

Yes. They're happy to give him a drive in once off events and it's standard in those categories to swap drivers around as necessary to fit with schedules in other race categories.

The real question is would Penske allow Chaz to race with BMW?
Go to Top of Page

Wombat_00
V8 Champion

Australia
1268 Posts
joined 07 Jan 03

Posted - 19 Jun 2019 :  13:37:02  Show Profile  Visit Wombat_00's Homepage Send Wombat_00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Scott McLaughlin heads to the USA in 2020 or 2021 Will Power could be his replacement maybe he's had enough of the US and wants to return home could still do the odd overseas races plus Indy 500.

I'm not sure Tickford will be happy with Chaz signing a 1 year deal in hope of what McLaughlin decides to do think they will want to resign him for a minimum 2 year contract

There's also talk of Team18 expanding to a 2 car team will they join with Tekno. Or will there be a link up with Kostecki Brothers Racing. Sureley LeBrocq will be on the move elsewhere.

Thinking James Courtney will end up at Tekno opening a vacancy at WAU.
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1528 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Jun 2019 :  17:40:01  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw a vague suggestion that WAU could try to poach Mostert and also give him some overseas drives with their various contacts - would certainly be bold!

Liking the suggestion that Sandown could lose the 500 if it stays in November - would rather a 500 at The Bend and Sandown stays in November as a sprint round than having the 500 after Bathurst (and GC). Meanwhile the article trying to prompt Victorian government into some funding is out for another year.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Jun 2019 :  18:25:40  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

If Scott McLaughlin heads to the USA in 2020 or 2021 Will Power could be his replacement maybe he's had enough of the US and wants to return home could still do the odd overseas races plus Indy 500.

I'm not sure Tickford will be happy with Chaz signing a 1 year deal in hope of what McLaughlin decides to do think they will want to resign him for a minimum 2 year contract

There's also talk of Team18 expanding to a 2 car team will they join with Tekno. Or will there be a link up with Kostecki Brothers Racing. Sureley LeBrocq will be on the move elsewhere.

Thinking James Courtney will end up at Tekno opening a vacancy at WAU.

Please provide a link to this statement about Will Power being sick of the US and wanting to come back to Australia

His wife is American and Power has spoken openly many times about wanting dual citizenship (as Ryan Briscoe now has) and saying his home was now the USA
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1528 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Jun 2019 :  21:44:47  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If McLaughlin and Mostert do both go overseas (and don't come back for a while), the field would start to look a bit thin with the likes of Courtney, Whincup, Winterbottom, Davison etc also starting to reach the end of their careers. It would certainly be a different looking series and a fresh start.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford

Edited by - SetonFan on 19 Jun 2019 21:45:15
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7263 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 19 Jun 2019 :  22:32:05  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I don't think the Mostert/WAU talk is anymore than opinion at this stage.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.14 seconds.