V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  11:23:29  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

AA is reporting that Scott is a certainty for US in 2021 and a maybe for next year and that Chaz will replace him....but what if Scott stays till 2021....will Chaz do a 1 year deal with Tickford?

Edwards seems pretty punchy on trying to guage what Chaz his doing. Would he want to nurture Chaz for one year just to see him go?
It would certainly secure Tickford as the Torro Rosso to Red Bull...

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

mosscano
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
640 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  11:47:21  Show Profile  Visit mosscano's Homepage Send mosscano a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
nickmossdesign.com - 2020 Kia Australia / Kelly Racing / Supercars / Rick Kelly / Fantasy / Design Concept:

Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8088 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  16:00:54  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

AA is reporting that Scott is a certainty for US in 2021 and a maybe for next year and that Chaz will replace him....but what if Scott stays till 2021....will Chaz do a 1 year deal with Tickford?

Interesting situation. Canít see Tickford being too happy. Theyíre probably better to have him than not though.

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4042 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  17:17:17  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With Jack Smith making yet another wildcard Super1 event, there could be nervous drivers at BJR regarding the possibility of contract renewal for 2020.

Neither Slade nor Percat have exactly covered themselves or the team with glory and have been expensive with smash repairs. Percat doesn't have a season sponsor.

Jack Smith has some good results in several classes in Australia and NZ and would seem to have a well resourced sponsorship which could propel him into one of the Super 1 drives.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  17:47:31  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Interesting situation. Canít see Tickford being too happy. Theyíre probably better to have him than not though.

Agreed, better to have a proven race winner for 1 year, than no years? Wondering.....could JC end up at Tickford?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 28 Jun 2019 17:48:15
Go to Top of Page

m4rf
Fujitsu Driver

603 Posts
joined 08 Mar 12

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  19:28:19  Show Profile Send m4rf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could we see JC at the Kelly's with the Mega money alongside Jacobsen?

To dare is to do.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  22:04:56  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Agreed, better to have a proven race winner for 1 year, than no years? Wondering.....could JC end up at Tickford?

Thought you'd be first to remember the bridge that JC burned back in 2010/11?
He wasn't held much higher in regard than SVG around here.

I reckon Chaz and Tickford have run their course, media wise the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing... remind us of last year at all?

Not a bad plan m4rf, but I'd feel Mega would be on a multi-year contract since WAU dropped Boost for them.
Is Mega linked with JC at all?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 28 Jun 2019 22:11:46
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 29 Jun 2019 :  07:58:39  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Thought you'd be first to remember the bridge that JC burned back in 2010/11?
He wasn't held much higher in regard than SVG around here.

I reckon Chaz and Tickford have run their course, media wise the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing... remind us of last year at all?

Not a bad plan m4rf, but I'd feel Mega would be on a multi-year contract since WAU dropped Boost for them.
Is Mega linked with JC at all?

That was a long, long time ago S-Man....and JC has paid an awfully high price for his sins

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 29 Jun 2019 08:00:09
Go to Top of Page

m4rf
Fujitsu Driver

603 Posts
joined 08 Mar 12

Posted - 29 Jun 2019 :  11:50:39  Show Profile Send m4rf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've heard JC is part of the Mega deal at WAU.

To dare is to do.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  09:22:33  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice article here:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mostert-walkinshaw-to-define-silly-season/

Weird that the 'feeling' is Pye will get the boot over JC.
Personally I'd take Pye, maybe some truth to m4rf saying Courtney/Mega are linked.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  12:07:47  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Massive fan of Chaz but if he goes to WAU he's stupid. While I think he would lift the team a bit, he wouldn't make them regular contenders. If you're going to go to a Holden team you'd go Triple 8, if there were a seat. They might be down but at least they haven't completely forgotten how to win. About the only reason I can see for going to WAU over Tickford would be money. I've got a bad feeling it's happening though.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  14:05:00  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Massive fan of Chaz but if he goes to WAU he's stupid. While I think he would lift the team a bit, he wouldn't make them regular contenders. If you're going to go to a Holden team you'd go Triple 8, if there were a seat. They might be down but at least they haven't completely forgotten how to win. About the only reason I can see for going to WAU over Tickford would be money. I've got a bad feeling it's happening though.

I think it has more to do with opportunity O/S than money.

Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
264 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  15:39:44  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

If you're going to go to a Holden team you'd go Triple 8, if there were a seat.

There isn't a seat at Triple 8. His options are Tickford, WAU, BMW.

BMW is the path to an early retirement. Mediocre racing with no stress but good money. I don't think he'll take that option.

quote:

Massive fan of Chaz but if he goes to WAU he's stupid. While I think he would lift the team a bit, he wouldn't make them regular contenders.

Sure, Tickford is kicking WAU's ass this year, but in my opinion that's all the mustang. Last year WAU did well despite being held back by Courtney having *five* DNF results and Scott Pie putting in his usual mid pack season.

The parity issue will be sorted by next year and if they replace Courtney or Pie with Chaz WAU is a shore bet to finish the season ahead of Tickford.

It wouldn't just be Chaz moving to the team, having a better driver would make them more attractive to better engineers and sponsors. I believe they can win a championship ó not next year, but maybe in another year or two.

The Tickford path only makes sense if he wants to go to Penske next year. But that's not a sure thing - maybe Anton has a riper 2020 season. Maybe Chaz has another disaster like last year. Who would Penske hire then? Maybe WAU finds another good driver and that seat also off the table for 2021.

WAU isn't a great choice, but I think it might be the best one available.

Edited by - abhibeckert on 02 Jul 2019 15:44:13
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  16:47:01  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Lets not forget, when Scott signed with DJRTP, they were just as crap (ok maybe a little better) than WAU is now!! It's not about 2019, it's about future!
Go to Top of Page

MP
Transporter Driver

48 Posts
joined 11 Nov 17

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  17:34:48  Show Profile Send MP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:

Lets not forget, when Scott signed with DJRTP, they were just as crap (ok maybe a little better) than WAU is now!! It's not about 2019, it's about future!

At least when Scott signed to DJRTP, they had pole positions and podiums and appeared to be on an upward trajectory. Not sure the same could be said about WAU at the moment.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.67 seconds.