No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 General VESA
 Stadium super trucks
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DRB05
Team Manager

Australia
3694 Posts
joined 04 Apr 08

Posted - 13 Oct 2018 :  07:19:49  Show Profile Send DRB05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else seen the absolute bull**** that CAMS is doing to prevent SST from ever racing in aus again? I think there is a lot more to this than safety concerns, CAMS simply doesn’t like RG. Opinions?

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6465 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 13 Oct 2018 :  08:42:28  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tbh I do believe the safety thing. Look at Matt Mingay, and the wheel almost hitting people at Perth. But also it doesn't help that Robby Gordon is so arrogant and doesn't think the laws apply to him so it's probably 50/50 there. But I mean it's probably the first time someone has stood up to him and his behaviour so he's a bit confused.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 13 Oct 2018 :  16:16:46  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
perhaps CAMS might be about to think the same thing about someone standing up to them Arrow...

wonder what AASA is thinking about this right now... could be an opening except that I do see a problem with the SSTs on regular circuits on the occasion when things do go wrong... they can only really be used for mine on a street circuit with lots of enclosed areas... would roll too easily over your regular 3 high armco...

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22675 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Oct 2018 :  17:10:08  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did I read that Gordon is now taking CAMS to court?
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 13 Oct 2018 :  18:43:17  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
that is my reading of it LG...

"But if CAMS continues to fail to respond, then SST will have no alternative but to pursue all its options against CAMS."

Go to Top of Page

DRB05
Team Manager

Australia
3694 Posts
joined 04 Apr 08

Posted - 13 Oct 2018 :  20:25:19  Show Profile Send DRB05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The latest on soeedcafe suggests that SST put forward safety enhancements but CAMS basicallly didn’t respond and wants nothing to do with it saying your cars are unsafe, tough nuts
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 14 Oct 2018 :  07:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.cams.com.au/media/news/latest-news/cams-statement-stadium-super-trucks-111018

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/12/stadium-super-trucks-responds-to-cams-court-judgement/

if losing a wheel is enough to get the series banned then what about Supercars?

I reserve the right to arm bears

Edited by - Trev on 14 Oct 2018 07:12:06
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 14 Oct 2018 :  11:02:37  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

https://www.cams.com.au/media/news/latest-news/cams-statement-stadium-super-trucks-111018

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/12/stadium-super-trucks-responds-to-cams-court-judgement/

if losing a wheel is enough to get the series banned then what about Supercars?

Have another read of the references.

Losing a wheel is not what gets the vehicles banned.

Personally, I don't see these vehicles as racecars. I see them as a stunt vehicle used as a stunt team in intervals in the racing, albeit they call it a race.

The vehicles , on TV, seem rather shoddy with bits that break and fly off every time. Driver injuries seem high for the limited racing laps. It is worrying that the vehicles jump high, or even higher than the safety catch fence while bonnets and such are coming adrift.

They are alright on a Rallycross circuit or in an open paddock or arena but not on a street circuit.

Their absence from the Surfers program will ease the potential RSI on my fast forward finger.

PS: The irresponsible antics of the stunt promoter do not endear him to entertainment providers who have a responsibility of care to their customers.
Go to Top of Page

redrag301
Fujitsu Driver

733 Posts
joined 01 Oct 04

Posted - 15 Oct 2018 :  00:55:45  Show Profile Send redrag301 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hear both sides of the argument. Personally, i find the Stadium Trucks entertaining and good fun. The wildness of cars rolling and then driving off is pretty cool, but I know it goes against some of CAMS procedures.

What Robby Gordon will be suing for will actually be the late notice and termination of the event at Surfers. Which I reckon is fair enough, when you're an International team that plans ahead and get told a month out that you're not racing, it does make things awkward for drivers, teams and more importantly sponsors.

Then through the court its just beginning to look pretty average on both sides.

<<<Follow me on twitter: @MotorsportVoice>>> I can be somewhat funny. And informative.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 15 Oct 2018 :  14:13:01  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
It’s important to note this suspension has been in place since May, 2018.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 15 Oct 2018 :  14:52:34  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
It’s important to note this suspension has been in place since May, 2018.

and yet the SnoozaUtes are still out there having shown in just a few rounds the potential for disaster when it goes wrong (worse than I have seen in the SST class)

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5981 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 16 Oct 2018 :  07:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

pretty sure I posted that link above

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 16 Oct 2018 :  10:09:51  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:

pretty sure I posted that link above

Yes you did!

However, LG, some time back, admonished me for quoting from an article, without a link, even though the link had previously been posted.

And, clearly, I did post directly from that source.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 17 Oct 2018 :  15:03:17  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stadium Super Trucks sponsor Peter Adderton has called for CAMS to provide information to category organisers regarding its ban which he claims has not yet been disclosed.
Adderton is the founder of Boost Mobile, which was to have become the naming rights sponsor of an Australian SST series under a three-year deal inked earlier this year.
The series was banned from racing in Australia in May, with an application for an injunction rejected by the Victorian Supreme Court last week.
Adderton has since approached CAMS himself regarding the ban and the reasons for SST being in breach of its agreement with the governing body, ostensibly for safety reasons.
He claims that CAMS has not advised SST as to what modifications it needs to make in order to be compliant with its agreement with the Australian ASN.
“We are investors and fans of the sport, and it is incredibly disappointing to see how this entire situation has been handled,” said Adderton in a statement distributed to media (See below for full statement).
“For me, making sure everyone has the same information is a crucial part of being able to move this discussion forward.
“CAMS says this information has been supplied privately, SST says no such information has been received and that they are jumping through hoop after hoop in a desperate bid to save the season, without guidance or feedback from CAMS.
“I have approached CAMS asking for this information, with nothing forthcoming.
“Unfortunately my attempts at engagement and communication were met with personal accusations and unpleasantness most unbecoming of a governing sporting body.
“I have been involved in motorsport for a very long time both in Australia and the United States, and in all this time dealing with IndyCars, NASCAR, Supercars, MotoGP and others, I have never seen anything quite like this.”
Speedcafe.com has communicated the statement to CAMS CEO Eugene Arocca, who confirmed that he had been approached by Adderton in issuing the following reply to the claims:
“First of all, Mr Adderton is, as far as we know, a sponsor according to his own emails to me. We find it extremely unusual for us to be engaging with a sponsor on safety matters,” Arocca told Speedcafe.com.
“In addition, it has been determined by a court that Stadium Super Trucks are unsafe. Affidavit material was provided by both parties and that set out many of the reasons for either side’s position.
“I’m not going to engage in a public debate with a sponsor over a safety issue.
“If Mr Gordon or his lawyers want to hear again the reasons why we believe the Stadium Trucks are unsafe then I will be happy to repeat them to those people through the appropriate channels.”
Court documents reveal that series owner Robby Gordon, SST’s local operations staffer Nathan Cayzer, and its legal representation, conducted a teleconference with representatives from CAMS including its General Manager of Motorsport, Scott McGrath, in July.
It was McGrath who convened the working group formed in the wake of the Barbagallo incident when a stray wheel hit the pedestrian bridge in May, which banned the series two days after the event, and who conducted the investigation into the series.
The ban is technically a determination from CAMS that SST organisers have breached their agreement with the governing body to hold racing at CAMS-sanctioned events in Australia due to failure to comply with certain safety standards.
While the transcript from the July teleconference was not admissible as evidence due to a clause in the series’ agreement with CAMS, the judgement demonstrates that CAMS and SST’s legal representation had engaged in correspondence prior to the teleconference.
Specifically, the judgement demonstrates that SST organisers were aware of CAMS’ concerns regarding wheel breakages, loose bodywork, regularity of rollovers, and driving standards, even if they refuted the extent or severity of those matters.
It was that disagreement which led to CAMS’ General Counsel, Tahli Preston-Dixon, invoking the dispute resolution procedures which precipitated the teleconference.
SST organisers claimed to have addressed CAMS’ concerns by replacing the cast iron wheels with stronger forged iron, modifying bonnet mounts, and improving driver training processes.
An email from SST’s legal representation also accused CAMS of having “no intention of resolving the dispute in good faith (and) no intention of responding to the plaintiff’s proposals.”
Affidavits from McGrath and CAMS Director of Racing Operations, Tim Schenken, demonstrate that CAMS did not believe SST had proved that its initiatives would satisfactorily resolve the safety issues which CAMS had identified or, in the case of driving standards, be implemented in time to be effective for SST’s next event which was to be this weekend’s Vodafone Gold Coast 600.
The judge found in favour of CAMS and upheld the ban owing to the safety concerns, CAMS’ “broad contractual discretion” to enforce safety standards, and the proximity of the Gold Coast event to the court proceedings.
Adderton’s comments in full
We are investors and fans of the sport, and it is incredibly disappointing to see how this entire situation has been handled. For me, making sure everyone has the same information is a crucial part of being able to move this discussion forward. CAMS says this information has been supplied privately, SST says no such information has been received and that they are jumping through hoop after hoop in a desperate bid to save the season, without guidance or feedback from CAMS.
I have approached CAMS asking for this information, with nothing forthcoming. Unfortunately my attempts at engagement and communication were met with personal accusations and unpleasantness most unbecoming of a governing sporting body. I have been involved in motorsport for a very long time both in Australia and the United States, and in all this time dealing with Indy Cars, NASCAR, Supercars, MotoGp and others, I have never seen anything quite like this.
With all this in mind, it’s remarkably simple and in the spirit of servicing the fans of the sport CAMS just needs to publicly document everything SST needs to do from their perspective to gain their compliance. If these are fair and reasonable steps, consistent with the standards used by other races on the circuit, then SST can look to address them. Right now they feel like the goalposts from CAMS are constantly moving, which I’m sure as the governing body they would also want to dispel via a public airing of such requirements. Fans need to have full confidence that CAMS is working in the spirit of trying to bring a fair resolution to the matter.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/17/sst-sponsor-calls-for-information-from-cams-over-ban/
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 17 Oct 2018 :  17:17:57  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
AMRS Strikes!!!!

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/17/stadium-super-trucks-to-race-in-sydney-next-week/?fbclid=IwAR12_Rhig8f7I0l6ACLoNIJRU3bLDuiJSzb9D_MK7FYgtBuyMdoRDx8k8kA

Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

680 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 17 Oct 2018 :  17:38:56  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This may not be a good idea....

Supercars isn't a sport.

Its a category of motor racing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds.