No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 General
 Challenge Bathurst 2018
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  16:51:08  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Challenge Bathurst in on this weekend with the Supersprint finishing today.

The big news is that Christopher Mies, in a non-BOP R8 LMS, has put in a sub two-minute lap! He did a 1:59.2910 this afternoon. Tander, driving the same car, recorded a 2:00.3310 in another session.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  22:40:21  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hope T1 doesn't see this... Tander will become his next best number 2 driver LOL...

saw that earlier... that's a bloody good effort!

but I also have to wonder, if they could run this why did't they bring something f1 style like was done a few years back

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  22:40:21  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hope T1 doesn't see this... Tander will become his next best number 2 driver LOL...

but I also have to wonder, if they could run this why did't they bring something f1 style like was done a few years back

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  23:57:03  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

It is possible that Tander was driving a GT3 spec car.

The new lao record was set with all GT3 restrictors removed and the car lightened.
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 17 Nov 2018 :  11:44:26  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Onboard video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iGW7YbGvuw

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Nov 2018 :  12:38:50  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Courtney has that role now

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7397 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 17 Nov 2018 :  17:49:05  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There was still a little more in it too. Bauked at the final corner, missed a few apex' etc. That's being picky though.
He tweets a thanks to GT for sacrificing his earlier sessions? Meaning GT did all the GT3 prep? or did he set the car up for Mies to pile on a good time?

Some good cars there too. A VT HRT Supercar replica, roll-caged out Coupe-4. I'd be interested to see what times most pulled. I'll do some digging.
Looks like a good weekend and with the GT3 cars going, maybe something to go to in the future!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 17 Nov 2018 :  18:05:55  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

There was still a little more in it too. Bauked at the final corner, missed a few apex' etc. That's being picky though.
He tweets a thanks to GT for sacrificing his earlier sessions? Meaning GT did all the GT3 prep? or did he set the car up for Mies to pile on a good time?

Some good cars there too. A VT HRT Supercar replica, roll-caged out Coupe-4. I'd be interested to see what times most pulled. I'll do some digging.
Looks like a good weekend and with the GT3 cars going, maybe something to go to in the future!

HRT replica had a best of 2:24, the Coupe-4 had a 2:34. My personal favourite car up there was an E30 M3 in full DTM look - it sounded absolutely mint!

I was up there Thursday and Friday, the only downside was that they had no spectator access up top! All the gates were locked. Even the accredited photographer had to go to get a key for the gates himself.

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7397 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 17 Nov 2018 :  18:27:47  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah bummer, the top is a must.
The HRT replica wasn't a Supercar though was it? I thought it would've had a little more in it than that. I assumed there was big bucks spent on the engine.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 17 Nov 2018 :  20:30:05  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think so, just done up to look like one.

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 18 Nov 2018 :  19:41:30  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
did you see the Lotus? know what happened/where? believe the driver was ok but the car looked toast!

Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 18 Nov 2018 :  20:03:09  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, when did that happen? I left after the first set of sessions on Friday.

Was it the Kelso Electrical car?

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 19 Nov 2018 :  07:57:02  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
don't recall... only saw it on my phone... think someone had said that it hit oil at t2.. will see if I can find a pic/link..

Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 21 Nov 2018 :  19:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

don't recall... only saw it on my phone... think someone had said that it hit oil at t2.. will see if I can find a pic/link..

https://www.motorsport.com/endurance/news/lotus-44g-bathurst-challenge-shunt/4301089/

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds.