V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2019 Livery Reveals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11165 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  12:28:19  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Percat car isn't too bad.

As for the Chazmobile..............yeah. The nose isn't too bad. Just don't walk around the side.

Hopefully Lees Bottle O car doesn't use the same layout.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  12:51:19  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

The plus side of the low front on the Stang is that frontal bonnet region is now PRIME real estate for sponsors. From font on views that's a perfect spot!

Not to mention the extra space on the wing endplates. They have 3 sponsors on there!
Chaz has always had a bit of a mismatch of sponsors and colours, but this is by far the worst.
Hopefully it isn't a 'template' design that Tickford use with their remaining car.

The best looking Mustang on the grid is the safety car!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

madbugger
V8 Champion

Australia
1427 Posts
joined 26 Jun 06

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  13:57:59  Show Profile Send madbugger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chazís Mustang is an absolute trainwreck.
Worst livery in a long time

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  14:29:16  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is what happens when you don't use Nick Moss Design!

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  15:28:38  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

we need a like button

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  16:52:56  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by madbugger

Chazís Mustang is an absolute trainwreck.
Worst livery in a long time

Seriously? I love the Chaz one.. Also makes the Mustang look good.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6645 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  17:07:15  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chazís is awful. No doubt.

Also, what are our expectations of GRM. If you saw pics of their race suit today, like me you mightíve hoping that the cars are looking much better. The suits look so bogan and gross.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  18:18:12  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
23Red....pretty much see the whole car....https://www.facebook.com/23redracing/videos/255080192075497/

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 13 Feb 2019 18:18:28
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  19:25:51  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I also think GRM are doing an interim livery for the test

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  19:31:10  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't understand why so many teams launch their livery so close together - I would have thought it results in less publicity for each one compared to a standalone launch a bit earlier. I do understand it for the Mustangs considering the extra preparation required but not an issue for Nissan or Holden.

Do the teams really leave it to the last minute to lock in sponsorships/design the liveries before the test or are they designed well in advance and held back until the release?

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6645 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  21:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/02/13/tickford-launches-holdsworths-2019-challenger/

Jesus.

That white down the front quarter panels really murders the livery on this.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

NinnyMan
Team Manager

1622 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  21:44:14  Show Profile Send NinnyMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SetonFan

I don't understand why so many teams launch their livery so close together - I would have thought it results in less publicity for each one compared to a standalone launch a bit earlier. I do understand it for the Mustangs considering the extra preparation required but not an issue for Nissan or Holden.

Do the teams really leave it to the last minute to lock in sponsorships/design the liveries before the test or are they designed well in advance and held back until the release?

Believe it or not, teams don't ring around and ask "hey when are you launching your car".
Those that are organised will have a strategic launch, set out in advance. Sometimes it's
just dumb luck that another team launches the same day. The advent of the test day kind
of means now that most will do it in the few days before, hence the rush of designs this week.
Doing it standalone pretty much means going early.

As for when teams design new liveries, once again those that are organised and have locked
in sponsors will start the process in around October and develop it from there. Some will
continue to slightly tweak the designs as Adelaide approaches with additional sponsors
coming on board or taking up vacant spots. Others will have situations where certain sponsors
will suddenly drop out last minute requiring adjustments, altering the whole look of the car.
I also know of some where the livery ends up being dictated not by the major sponsor, but
by other sponsors who insist on being in and on their own colour.

Designing a livery is never straight forward nor is it entirely a free reign. Unfortunately the
reasons why some liveries are the way they are or how they came into being are never
conveyed to the supporters - which makes it hard when clear abominations occur.
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  21:55:47  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I appreciate the insight - I get that they won't know exactly when others are doing it but I guess they must have a fair idea that there will be a lot just before the launch/test. But maybe it just isn't an issue to them.

quote:

Two examples of that now ...

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford

Edited by - SetonFan on 13 Feb 2019 22:00:04
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  21:56:58  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a disappointing bunch of liveries.

The Southern Comfort should be in the products natural "urine" colour to conform with the livery design. Maybe it would look a lot better with more green at the front.

The Penrite cars are a significant step back and they should have kept the superb red and gold interchange liveries from last year. maybe they will again do a special at Bathurst time.

Percats car: the best thing about this scheme must be the colour of the money they pay to BJR.

The MSR car is clearly the best of the lot in my eyes, and it's just a silver car, but with a really brilliant MSR logo.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2525 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 13 Feb 2019 :  21:58:03  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This has got to be the worst year yet for most teams.

It might be the angle but that Bottlo car makes the Mustang look even more butchered then the camo car. I do not think I have ever seen a supercar design or livery as bad as this.

No suprise from Penske.

WAU, Redbull and the Monster cars are my top 3.

The Mustang looks terrible regardless of livery design and in my opinion the Penske car last year looked **** hot compared to an almost identical design on they have on the Mustang, I hope to christ Supercars change some regulations for the next lot of new cars entering the series.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.02 seconds.