V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2019 Livery Reveals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3550 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Jan 2019 :  12:39:09  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

Side looks alright but the front has no cohesion. Looks like 2 different people were tasked to design the bonnet and the splitter.

Edit: just saw a few more photos and it's actually kinda really boring...

While it is on the boring side, It's certainly clean and a Red Bull car.

Not too sure what you're seeing with the bonnet and splitter though.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion

Australia
1406 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 07 Jan 2019 :  17:35:56  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Seems a slow start to the season here on V8C.

Unless someone pips them, 888 will be first to reveal their colours on the 6th:
https://twitter.com/redbullholden/status/1080579647849455616

Looks like a continuance of white. I wonder if that's our very own Pete getting a little bit of screen time, even if it's just a fingertip.
A public showing with Lowndesy too at the Dalby runway. Open to public. Anyone heading out?

Happy New Year all...
It's the artwork for the final livery, but not my fingy, nor my laptop:-)

Few notes on this year's car:
Initially the front of the car was all white, but a blue centre section was added for Gearwrench..
Blue roof helps the Lion stand out from above...go a bit lost on the white at times.
Glad RB allowed the Blue/White theme to continue for another season. TY.
Every panel is different to 2018 yet "it's the same" in many eyes...I'd say its more of an evolving clean look, exactly what both big players wanted. We'll see how different the other big team goes:-)

P

Twitter: @PeteHughes221
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1475 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Jan 2019 :  18:31:37  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good to hear some of the thinking behind it! The more I see it the more I like it.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 07 Jan 2019 :  22:50:19  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DanMcG

Not much different from last year... I really wish Holden would stop insisting on their logo being on the side and so fricking huge... hrt never did that and everyone knew it was a holden

Dan, there are a couple of problems with that:

Many people recognised a Holden because they knew what a Holden looked liked. They saw oodles on the road.

Few people actually know what a commodore looks like now, or for that matter another dozen jelly-mold hatchbacks that are also sold or have been sold for years.

There was little need to say Holden in past years. the same applied to Falcon to the extent that Ford no longer felt the need to advertise support for the cars.

Now there is a need.

There is, however another side to the liveries of the past. I have been watching Supercar races with people interested enough to actually watch TV motorsport and there is often the questions:
Who is that driver?
What is he driving, Holden or Ford? (rarely asked about Nissans.)

I think that Pete's new scheme will help with recognition of the Commodore shape because of the white band over the doors. There is the added bonus in 2019 that the new, improved version of the Ford should help recognition, even after the teams hide the cars shape under patchwork camouflage.

Regardless of reasons, I just think this 888 car is a very fine example of the Happy Sponsor Livery dance undertaken by designers. Well done Pete.
Go to Top of Page

Nivicious
Fujitsu Driver

United Kingdom
540 Posts
joined 06 Oct 08

Posted - 08 Jan 2019 :  00:44:46  Show Profile Send Nivicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:

Not much different from last year... I really wish Holden would stop insisting on their logo being on the side and so fricking huge... hrt never did that and everyone knew it was a holden

Many people recognised a Holden because they knew what a Holden looked liked. They saw oodles on the road.

Few people actually know what a commodore looks like now, or for that matter another dozen jelly-mold hatchbacks that are also sold or have been sold for years.

There was little need to say Holden in past years. the same applied to Falcon to the extent that Ford no longer felt the need to advertise support for the cars.

Now there is a need.

There is, however another side to the liveries of the past. I have been watching Supercar races with people interested enough to actually watch TV motorsport and there is often the questions:
Who is that driver?

I think that Pete's new scheme will help with recognition of the Commodore shape because of the white band over the doors. There is the added bonus in 2019 that the new, improved version of the Ford should help recognition, even after the teams hide the cars shape under patchwork camouflage.

Regardless of reasons, I just think this 888 car is a very fine example of the Happy Sponsor Livery dance undertaken by designers. Well done Pete.

Hear, hear.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2524 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 08 Jan 2019 :  08:41:53  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Now there is a need.

Who is that driver?

Everyone knows what the new commodore looks like
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion

Australia
1406 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 08 Jan 2019 :  09:13:29  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Now there is a need.

Who is that driver?

Thanks....but I think it's all much simpler than that:-) Actually it is easier than that. The Bull and Sun go on the front door, and there can't be another animal on the side of the car to conflict, so even if we wanted to re-imagine Holden's racing logo with the lion, there's nowhere to put it.
Hence why Holden take the upper rear door and quarter which suits their word branding of "Holden"

Red Bull's input into our category is second to none, but it was much easier when Holden owned 80% of the car like 97'-07', but those days are long behind us...

Twitter: @PeteHughes221
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 08 Jan 2019 :  11:20:16  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by V8SuperRiley

quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

Side looks alright but the front has no cohesion. Looks like 2 different people were tasked to design the bonnet and the splitter.

Edit: just saw a few more photos and it's actually kinda really boring...

While it is on the boring side, It's certainly clean and a Red Bull car.

Not too sure what you're seeing with the bonnet and splitter though.

The way the blue just abruptly stops where the bonnet does. That's what I was talking about.

Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3550 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 09 Jan 2019 :  09:28:47  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems to follow the bonnet line down the the grille

Certainly not too noticeable, unlike the WAU cars last year.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 09 Jan 2019 :  11:32:59  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay.

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 09 Jan 2019 :  12:23:52  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The bonnet line is minorly harsh, but nothing too different to the two-tone style L34 or various other V8SC liveries in the past.
The 'Tickford style' insignia breaks up the colours well enough. It's very corporate and oodles better than anything between 2013-2015.
Well done Pete.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 09 Jan 2019 12:24:44
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 09 Jan 2019 :  14:16:48  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When's the next livery coming out?? Surly we have analysed (what is a subjective thing) the T8 one enough !
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 30 Jan 2019 :  17:55:14  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WAU to be released Feb 4:

Looks more like the curved lines of the Mega Fuels 'flame'... than the possibility of the straight chevron'd Mission Winnow logo.
Black and white to not give much away.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DanMcG
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
268 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Jan 2019 :  23:13:50  Show Profile Send DanMcG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The black and white definitely makes mega the likely candidate... I actually like the mainly white with little flashes of colour... Brighty's 2nd half of 2017 car was great
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  14:02:33  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Countdown is on.

WAU - Today
Mustang - Tomorrow 12pm
T18 - Feb 7
Erebus - Feb 10
DJRTP - Feb 11

BJR - Unknown (later this week)
Tekno - Unknown (prior to test)
TickFord/23Red - Unknown (Between 9-14 Fed?)
Kelly Racing - Unknown
GRM - Adelaide 500

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/supercars-livery-launch-season-starts-today/?fbclid=IwAR0-iQPqav0zhdxfpWrTh9Qc0OHDw68OjzFsXq-5rGBe0_PALoizo_GD51A&sf207165661=1

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 24.2 seconds.