V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2019 Livery Reveals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Esurientes
Transporter Driver

Australia
86 Posts
joined 21 Feb 13

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  10:18:44  Show Profile Send Esurientes a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rick Kelly Livery Released This morning. looks VERY similar to the his 'best in show' livery of last year.
With Castrol signing a Multi year deal, and BP Ultimate taking the NISMO spots in the livery. it will pop well on track and onscreen, just as it did last year.
and, I don't have to buy new Merch for the SUPERLOOP Adelaide 500! HZAR!

My V8 Supercar Fandom Career Highlights
- Was at the mountain to be called an asshole by one of the greatest.
- Have been present at the finish line for every Supercar race Michael Caruso has ever won.
- Had grandstand seats at the Senna Chicane to see Bright do cartwheels.
- Managed to find Hidden Valley every June since 1998.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6907 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  11:14:13  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A good looking livery - as most Castrol ones are.
The green of BP and Castrol clash a little, but it's something we're very used to since the days of Castrol at FPR.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 06 Feb 2019 14:01:13
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  17:03:19  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like it, but the BP green mixed with Castrol green does make it not as good as last year's.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  18:21:13  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Freightliner released theirs. Like the Car from one, it's essentially the same as last season.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Feb 2019 :  18:23:30  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like it. Looks good. Perhaps not as good as what Slade ran last year but it's still quite good.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3548 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  12:53:48  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The video for the Freightliner car is cool.. but the livery, the more I look at it, the more terrible it becomes.

No flow, the lines don't follow anything.
Most of the Super3 field has a better livery.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  13:12:03  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like the colour use, and the (almost) all black with black lights and wheels look great, but as you said, the overall design itself is really underwhelming. Something in between what they have now and what Preston hire had in 2017 would be ideal.

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7212 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  14:02:06  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Team 18 reveal tonight at 6:30

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

argus
V8 Champion

Afghanistan
1077 Posts
joined 27 Jan 10

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  14:27:59  Show Profile Send argus a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Team 18. Just another tool in a box. Meh !

Member 00006 of the Church of Ambroseology
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6384 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  15:02:44  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lol Irwin, tool in the box. Nice.

Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1474 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  19:20:21  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Irwin would look better if the Fuchs logo was in blue not black on the bonnet.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

145 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  22:21:14  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Am I the only one that reckons frostyís car looks the goods? I reckon itís an awesome, simple livery that looks great. No funny zig zags or lightening bolts, just clean and simple like other Irwin liveries. 888 look like theyíve run out of spares and bolted a white front guard onto a blue car. Nissanís ok. The walkyís look a bit too busy imo. Reckon Penskes will look good too. Shell usually do a good livery.
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9569 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 07 Feb 2019 :  23:46:10  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bartlett

Am I the only one that reckons frostyís car looks the goods? I reckon itís an awesome, simple livery that looks great. No funny zig zags or lightening bolts, just clean and simple like other Irwin liveries. 888 look like theyíve run out of spares and bolted a white front guard onto a blue car. Nissanís ok. The walkyís look a bit too busy imo. Reckon Penskes will look good too. Shell usually do a good livery.

I agree. Letís be honest though, the size, shape and colour of the logo as well as the associated brand colours have worked well on every car theyíve ever appeared on.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  06:46:27  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
anybody see Stevie's J comment on Frosty's FB livery feed? "Make sure you contract is water tight mate!'....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Feb 2019 :  08:48:18  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He would say that - but did he like the livery?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 19.84 seconds.