V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2019 Livery Reveals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  10:27:07  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mustang looks good in black!

Erebus later today too...

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 10 Feb 2019 10:27:43
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  11:15:32  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So there you go, all it took was something other than a white paint scheme to show how awesome the Mustang looks. No race car looks good in white. Ingallís last Supercheap car was probably the last good looking white car on the grid. The T8 cars looked odd last year being predominantly white and the DJRTP cars in the predominantly white livery didnít look good either.

Canít wait to see how the rest look. I bet Frosty woke up with a bit of car envy.

Edited by - HRTKLR on 10 Feb 2019 12:14:32
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2698 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  12:25:19  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/waters-monster-livery-tickford-mustang/4334979/

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/erebus-unveils-its-penrite-holdens/4335159/

Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  13:39:24  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice, simple for Penrite. Not a huge fan of the stripes on the splitter, the angle looks a bit off, but overall its good.

How much nicer is the gloss black over the matte black of the Monster one. In the photo it looks alright but in the videos posted, the matte black is horrid. I've never been a fan of matte black, it always looks dirty.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  13:45:16  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Monster Mustang looks awesome. Yeah the livery is very much unchanged from 2017 and 2018, but it's such a simple tough looking livery. And the addition of green headlights instead of blue now that Orrcon is gone, it just makes the car look even tougher.

Penrite isn't bad. Can't say Penrite have had any bad liveries in this series. I like it, but I'd have preferred to see something similar to what they ran in the back half of 2018 with the chrome gold for Reynolds and chrome red for Anton.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  13:49:14  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
....but I'd have preferred to see something similar to what they ran in the back half of 2018 with the chrome gold for Reynolds and chrome red for Anton.

Agree.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  13:49:33  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Penrite cars look good but itís a retrograde step. The coloured chrome of last year made them in my opinion the best looking liveries for many years. The angle of the red stripe on the splitter looks stupid. Angle needs to be down not up - looks wrong.
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  14:08:22  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I do love the Monster one... Maybe I've been a bit harsh on the Mustang??

However the video & pictures show 2 different cars? Is it matt black or shine black?

Edited by - joe5619 on 10 Feb 2019 14:10:39
Go to Top of Page

adzy_B
V8 Champion

Australia
828 Posts
joined 06 May 09

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  15:27:18  Show Profile Send adzy_B a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

Penrite cars look good but itís a retrograde step. The coloured chrome of last year made them in my opinion the best looking liveries for many years. The angle of the red stripe on the splitter looks stupid. Angle needs to be down not up - looks wrong.

100% agreed re the stripe, makes it look nqr
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  16:50:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree too. That stripe is amateurish and wrong.
I like the team, I like the sponsor and itís colours, but last seasonís livery was way better.
Go to Top of Page

Wizz23
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
673 Posts
joined 22 Apr 09

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  18:09:50  Show Profile Send Wizz23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Are there any pic's of Cams Mustang showing the rear quarters yet.The monster cars schemes always look good. I'll reserve judgement until I see the other liveries but that Mustang is one weird looking car. Someone mentioned a v dub Beetle look!!

_Mholden
v8central.com where the blue bias bull**** reigns,
FGX- Ugly as a hat full of ***holes
Go to Top of Page

Rampaging Monkey
Team Manager

1874 Posts
joined 18 Feb 06

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  19:42:20  Show Profile  Visit Rampaging Monkey's Homepage Send Rampaging Monkey a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

No race car looks good in white.

???????????

Good looking cars look plenty good in white!

Edited by - Rampaging Monkey on 10 Feb 2019 19:47:13
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  19:42:58  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wizz23

Are there any pic's of Cams Mustang showing the rear quarters yet.The monster cars schemes always look good. I'll reserve judgement until I see the other liveries but that Mustang is one weird looking car. Someone mentioned a v dub Beetle look!!

Not sure how to cut and paste the picture....but it looks very much the Porsche 930 Whaletail...

RM....best looking white race car-Steve Mastersons XE....hands down!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 10 Feb 2019 19:56:11
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion

Australia
1406 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  19:47:08  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So there you go, all it took was something other than a white paint scheme to show how awesome the Mustang looks. No race car looks good in white.

No race car looks good in white ? You stating fact ?
One of the best Bottle 'O' cars was Frosty's white one. Looked great.
Brock's VK/VL/VP/VN Mobil Commodores were almost all white and are much loved by many....
Moffat's 1-2 Bathurst winning Falcon coupes were predominantly white ...
Brocks Marlboro HDT rigs, many of perkins cars...
HRT Early days were completely white from the rear door forward

Personally I like well executed white liveries. Classy, clean and timeless.
We'll see what you think if DJR launch another livery that's white with a red hood.

Twitter: @PeteHughes221
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion

Australia
1406 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 10 Feb 2019 :  19:48:34  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by powderpuff

quote:

So there you go, all it took was something other than a white paint scheme to show how awesome the Mustang looks. No race car looks good in white.

No race car looks good in white ? You stating fact ?
One of the best Bottle 'O' cars was Frosty's white one. Looked great.
Brock's VK/VL/VP/VN Mobil Commodores and Sierras were almost all white and are much loved by many....
Moffat's 1-2 Bathurst winning Falcon coupes were predominantly white .
Brocks Marlboro HDT rigs, many of Perkins cars...
HRT Early days were completely white from the rear door forward..

Personally I like well executed white liveries. Classy, clean and timeless.
We'll see what you think if DJR launch another livery that's white with a red hood.

Twitter: @PeteHughes221
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 19.75 seconds.