V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2019 Livery Reveals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14305 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  18:52:54  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That rear view is bloody awesome....has there ever been a better looking rear end in Supercars!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16056 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  18:54:43  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

That rear view is bloody awesome....has there ever been a better looking rear end in Supercars!

Jessica Yates!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1506 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  19:40:46  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mustang is certainly starting to grow on me - I think the DJRTP livery itself is a step back from last year though with the Repco logo where Rheem used to be. I'd like to see something on the splitter as well, particularly in the white variant it looks a little bare.

Tekno car is nice but, like Frosty's, a bit unfortunate that the requirement for the different colour of the bonnet logo clashes a bit.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4457 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  20:25:05  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm back to called the Mustang a dog, that shell thing is terrible!!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17263 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  20:33:34  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
funny how some folk now seem to think the Muschuck is now a beautiful work of art because of the talent of the folk who do the artwork that sits on them...

Go to Top of Page

billybanana
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
705 Posts
joined 09 Nov 05

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  20:49:11  Show Profile Send billybanana a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With the Monster livery I was prepared to give it a second chance, but the Shell colours with the white down the side is another step backwards. That is one ugly racecar.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8165 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  20:50:40  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

I'm back to called the Mustang a dog, that shell thing is terrible!!

It is quite fugly...itís the front that looks plain wrong. Too bad they couldnít use the real headlights too.

The #6 really have to wait and see it on tv.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14305 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  21:02:12  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

funny how some folk now seem to think the Muschuck is now a beautiful work of art because of the talent of the folk who do the artwork that sits on them...

The teams all said the cars looks heaps better in their liveries....the teams were %100 right...poor us, for embracing change and development....

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4217 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  21:03:27  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Actually, in Shell warpaint, it doesn't look much different to the old Falcon, apart from less doors.

Go Ford!

If it is a dog, let it be a mongrel with fight.
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

177 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 11 Feb 2019 :  22:18:16  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wowsers Penske have successfully managed to highlight everything thatís wrong with the mustang. The way the red line curves down around the front wheel accentuates the droopy front end and the two tone paint job which separates the top from the bottom of the car, gives the rounded cabin a striking resemblance to Noddys car. The white sides remove any aggression from the side profile while the red top draws the eye to the bubble roof. Canít help but think of the Homer Simpson designed car. Lots of good ideas thrown together to resemble a dogs breakfast.
But the rear looks great as I donít think there was anything wrong with it in the first place.
Despite the underwhelming launch, I think the monster car looks so so much better.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10626 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  00:02:11  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tekno looks good! Black and orange always works.

Shell, well good livery, albeit unchanged. But god the front of that Mustang is bad. It's too low. FGX looked way better. More black Mustangs please.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14305 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  06:52:51  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ryan has explained the low nose....personally, I'm with him and FP I'd prefer a race car built for performance over looks....

Edited by - REM on 12 Feb 2019 06:57:37
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9921 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  08:43:34  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Except this is a thread about looks.
Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion

New Zealand
914 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  09:51:13  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
not sure why everyone thinks the Monster Stang is the bees knees, the purposely used a lack of light to hide the awkwardness of the car. Rick Kelly's evolution livery is still my favourite

Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2714 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 12 Feb 2019 :  11:02:15  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While it looked better on the Falcon, the front end of these DJRTP Shell cars is making them one of the iconic modern liveries in my eyes. A look we will remember fondly in 20 to 30 years' time.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds.