V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 General VESA
 TCM 2019
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author  Topic Next Topic  

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 10 Jan 2019 :  16:22:20  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bloody surprised to see that Wilson also pulled backing from John Bowe.
I'm sure he wouldn't of been for asking much compared to GRM - so I assumed it would still be the go ahead at this level.

He'll still be out there in the Torana, with no mention of a major replacement. Maybe all his others just tip in a little more?


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 10 Jan 2019 :  16:44:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A new boss at the company so they get rid of everything the old boss did.
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree



Australia
6415 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

 offline

Posted - 10 Jan 2019 :  17:41:03  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That was a great quote by Bowe too!

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11238 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 11 Jan 2019 :  16:31:45  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think JBs quotes highlight just how costly the current TCM cars are to run and develop, considering it was originally devised as a slight update on Group N to allow sponsorship on the cars.



EDIT: Bruce Oaklands will be debuting a new VB Commodore at Bathurst later this year.


Edited by - CP on 05 May 2019 10:49:22
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  12:31:23  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

I think JBs quotes highlight just how costly the current TCM cars are to run and develop, considering it was originally devised as a slight update on Group N to allow sponsorship on the cars.



EDIT: Bruce Oaklands will be debuting a new VB Commodore at Bathurst later this year.




Not really a surprise. Go compare some of the stuff these teams are doing compared to the 'good ole days.'
They're quicker than they ever have been.

Wow! Even though I'm young, makes you feel old knowing the XD and VB are in the 'historic' class.
Will be fantastic to see the full bodykit.
Adding to that, weird to see VL Commodore's getting around with historic rego on the road... To think it's not too long away from the VR!


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  13:47:00  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by CP

I think JBs quotes highlight just how costly the current TCM cars are to run and develop, considering it was originally devised as a slight update on Group N to allow sponsorship on the cars.



EDIT: Bruce Oaklands will be debuting a new VB Commodore at Bathurst later this year.




Not really a surprise. Go compare some of the stuff these teams are doing compared to the 'good ole days.'
They're quicker than they ever have been.

Wow! Even though I'm young, makes you feel old knowing the XD and VB are in the 'historic' class.
Will be fantastic to see the full bodykit.
Adding to that, weird to see VL Commodore's getting around with historic rego on the road... To think it's not too long away from the VR!





VR is also 25 so eligible for historic reg.

just saw the fb post about the VB and reckon that will be a good thing from a fans point of view...

now it is a matter of if the fans bother turning up to see it?

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11238 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  20:01:06  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Richo took a few subtle jabs at a few cars during his Legends interview on RPM a few weeks back. He suggested that the Falcon Sprint and his Javelin would need much more development thrown at them to beat the JB Torana and Mustang Sally.

The VB Commodore kit would be more in line with what was on the VH Commodore Cup cars.

I did see a VP Vacationer on historic plates once. Why?

EDIT: For those interested, in NSW the cutoff is 30 years old. Thank god. I don't want to be considered "historic" just yet.

Edited by - CP on 05 May 2019 20:02:49
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  22:27:20  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Richo took a few subtle jabs at a few cars during his Legends interview on RPM a few weeks back. He suggested that the Falcon Sprint and his Javelin would need much more development thrown at them to beat the JB Torana and Mustang Sally.

The VB Commodore kit would be more in line with what was on the VH Commodore Cup cars.

I did see a VP Vacationer on historic plates once. Why?

EDIT: For those interested, in NSW the cutoff is 30 years old. Thank god. I don't want to be considered "historic" just yet.


It's no secret that JB's Torana is very well sourced - and JB wouldn't have it any other way, also why he doesn't run the proper Holden engine.

I thought it was 30 too CP. Why I thought the VR was still coming.


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver



621 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

 offline

Posted - 06 May 2019 :  00:23:17  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

I think JBs quotes highlight just how costly the current TCM cars are to run and develop, considering it was originally devised as a slight update on Group N to allow sponsorship on the cars.



EDIT: Bruce Oaklands will be debuting a new VB Commodore at Bathurst later this year.





I've heard reliably that Zucanovic's have spent the best part of 500k just to get their one XD on the track.

But that includes building an identically spec'd second car....

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  




 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds.