V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2019 V8CFL - Chat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 15 Feb 2019 :  05:27:44  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is almost that time, men. I have started this annual thread to allow for the proper banter with respect to the V8 Central Fantasy League.

I am in the closing stages of releasing the groupings for 2019. No later than Saturday it will be out and available.

The format will be much like the past few seasons since I have acquired the helm of this once rudderless ship. Since then, we may not know where we are going, but we will definitely KEEP going. The competition for the overall title/table will begin in Adelaide and the Tournament will commence with Round 2 at Albert Park.

TheArrow will, once again, be in charge of the management of the liveries. All makes and models, that have a "possibility" of being in the actual series, are welcome. We are not limited to Holden, Ford, and Nissan.

So, remain calm and be ready to pounce when the time to pounce comes.

.....to be continued.....

16/2:

Rules and registration for the 2019 V8CFL are now posted. You have until MIDNIGHT FRIDAY before Adelaide to enter.

17/2:

I have made an amendment to the rules (already). This is to close up a loose end which I kind of forgot about.

With the rules this year allowing unlimited changes in Group F, this opens up the possibility of slipping wildcard teams in and out.

All wildcard teams, no matter WHO they are, will be in Group F. I have added a "write-in" line for those wishing to pursue this option when the time comes down the line. Obviously it would not be wise to choose one for Round 1.

So, if you see the Rules thread time/date of last update changed, that is it.

Thanks.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 17 Feb 2019 00:56:57

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Feb 2019 :  15:03:25  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love how all but one team has chosen Anton in that grouping. As you can see by my sig, I am a fan of Anton so I'm pleased with this.

It's also great that out of the 10 approved teams, we have 7 different manufacturers. That's pretty cool.

This year, as Media Centre Manager I do intend to be a bit more active in the media centre. Hopefully it'll be a bit more alive this season. It's been a bit dead lately unfortunately. It used to be pretty 'realistic' in previous years with a lot of news reports pre- and post-events. Let's make that a goal for this season!

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Feb 2019 :  23:31:52  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

It's also great that out of the 10 approved teams, we have 7 different manufacturers. That's pretty cool.

Not to mention our international flavor with members from at least three different countries.

There IS a Kiwi out there..... isn't there?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  10:08:45  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
thanks for running the show once more mike mate...its appreciated

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion

New Zealand
902 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  11:39:03  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

quote:

Not to mention our international flavor with members from at least three different countries.

There IS a Kiwi out there..... isn't there?

Always that one kiwi somewhere!

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Feb 2019 :  22:52:51  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Always that one kiwi somewhere!

Duh....(smacking myself in my forehead).

I forgot about you, SEM!

And Infamous is from Canada if I remember correctly. He was in last year.

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 21 Feb 2019 22:31:05
Go to Top of Page

Infamous
Transporter Driver

Canada
57 Posts
joined 26 Apr 09

Posted - 24 Feb 2019 :  08:21:56  Show Profile Send Infamous a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
;)
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 24 Feb 2019 :  14:28:20  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Skimming along we are as our sails are set wing-to-wing! I'd like to say I have juke box graduate for a first mate that can't sail but she sure can sing, but that is Bruce Springsteen's line.

Right now we have 19 members, from four different countries, with 10 different manufacturers, and 11 different makes - possibly a 12th. Our defending BMW team had yet to sign up, too.

We might have FIVE different countries if anyone can vouch for tommo11 being from Azerbaijan.

No identical teams.

I attribute this to The Arrow and his Media Centre. The man is quickly becoming an Australian icon.

25/2:

Made a correction to the Approved Teams. No roster changes, just a manufacturer/make change/update for ThePhoon and to correct a typo.

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 25 Feb 2019 02:59:23
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  12:42:01  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I attribute this to The Arrow and his Media Centre. The man is quickly becoming an Australian icon.

Haha cheers mate but it's not me, it's the excellent and articulate team owners who are writing the great articles.

Speaking of, I've always loved the little part at the end of skaifeman's articles with the race wins etc that his team has had. I might do something similar at the end of my news reports too!

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  13:52:01  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Haha cheers mate but it's not me, it's the excellent and articulate team owners who are writing the great articles.

Speaking of, I've always loved the little part at the end of skaifeman's articles with the race wins etc that his team has had. I might do something similar at the end of my news reports too!

Enjoy the digging back through pages and pages of threads.
Most information is there, however some years between 2012 and 2014 are missing as they were run by TrentJason and results posted on a now defunct googledocs.

I'm still waiting for Mike to send me some trophies... until then a list will have to do.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  14:22:20  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Haha, I decided to keep it to the 'modern era' (basically 2015-now, the 'Mike Era'). Much easier!

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Feb 2019 :  23:20:41  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Haha, I decided to keep it to the 'modern era' (basically 2015-now, the 'Mike Era'). Much easier!

I'm not THAT modern, Arrow. I do not carry a cell phone and I still use VCRs as my primary mode of recording races at my house.

For everything else...... PIRATING!

Just a heads up, men: As the Adelaide weekend approaches, I will be laying off of social media and the forum so I can watch all of the action with non-spoilers over here in the States.

I'll catch all of you on the other side of the checkers in a few days. Results should be out fairly quickly for I am off from work from today (Thursday here) until Tuesday morn. As in years' past, I like to watch the action (qually and races) prior to tallying points and posting.

Looking forward to the first round from half way across the globe, I am....

THIS is going to be GREAT!

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 01 Mar 2019 18:16:31
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 01 Mar 2019 :  19:44:32  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Enjoy the delayed weekend Mike!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1124 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 02 Mar 2019 :  05:13:25  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
2/3:

It is now past the deadline for entering the V8CFL. We are at 21 teams. The Tournament will consist of three divisions of seven. Divisions will be set based upon the results of Race 1 - Top 7, Middle 7, Bottom 7. From here on out, all changes in Groups A - E count towards your season total of four. Group F can be changed at any time, but once the weekend deadline hits, those changes go into effect for the next round.

Good luck to all.

4/3:

Adelaide Results are up, gents.

Race 1 podium:

1  ITR Mugen / Infamous / Honda NSX
2  Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG
3  All Aussie Racing / ThePhoon / Ford FPV F6

Race 2 podium:

1  Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
2  A-Tech Motorsport / Madaz / Lotus Exige
3  MT2 mSPORT / MT2 Levin / Toyota Camry Hybrid

ITR Mugen and Infamous are now the benchmark as they have taken the lead in the table early on after this round.

Note that the Race 1 results have set the divisions for the Tournament. Teams 1 through 21. The Tournament thread has been updated to reflect this. See which division you are in.

I have made an amendment to rules with respect to tiebreakers. It did not affect this round's results, but it could in the future. There is a thread explaining the amendment.

As for tiebreakers in Adelaide, there were quite a few. Remember....

Tiebreaker 1: Your highest Group F/Field point scoring car
Tiebreaker 2: Your second highest Group F/Field point scoring car
Tiebreaker 3: Your highest Group A - E point scoring car

As for the Stewards Summary....CAMS has not updated their site for Sunday's race. There was a points penalty to the 35 Car in Race 1, but that did not affect the V8CFL outcome. I do not think there were any points penalties in Race 2, but if CAMS updates/issues points penalties, we will review them for their applicability with respect to the V8CFL.

See you all at the AGP! The Tournament will start there for all of us but one (BYE round).

Guys.... PLEASE CHECK YOUR RESULTS! Balance them against the Supercars results on their website. If I am going to make a mistake it is going to be THIS round, for I am rusty.

Get back to me immediately if you feel there is an error in the Adelaide tally.

5/3: The CAMS Stewards Summary for Race 2 is up. The only post-race penalty was to the 15 Car for not taking on the required 140 liters of fuel. A 90 second penalty was imposed, but the 15 Car was last in scoring anyways so the final point total remained the same - 33. I updated the results thread with the CAMS link nonetheless.

The Tournament thread has been updated to reflect the Albert Park matchups, too.

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 05 Mar 2019 03:10:12
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2355 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  09:42:43  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wow! first time i've started off the season well in 11 years hahaha

(the fantasy league has been around that long, right?)

Edited by - ignition on 06 Mar 2019 09:43:38
Go to Top of Page

Infamous
Transporter Driver

Canada
57 Posts
joined 26 Apr 09

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  13:14:14  Show Profile Send Infamous a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Those NSX's thought...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.17 seconds.