V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2019 V8CFL - Chat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  13:20:04  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That pit lane Lara Bingle really wrecked me. Took out two of my drivers in one go.

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  19:48:28  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Do not forget that all members have unlimited changes allowed in Group F. After Round 1, there were a few in that group that had a hot hand, and a few that were just plain flat. I am sure that will be ebb and flow all season long, but it is something to remember and look at on a round-by-round basis. They (Group F) were involved in a lot of tiebreakers this weekend, mainly for we are scoring one less car this year in the V8CFL, so the overall points tallies have been squeezed together just a tad.

And, use the Team Registration thread to make all team roster changes. I altered the title of said thread to guide everyone that way when making changes.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 14 Apr 2019 18:18:16
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 06 Mar 2019 :  20:13:23  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

- THANK YOU -

I just wanted to let everyone know that after I won last years fantasy league I was contacted by Mike. He asked for my address details.

A few weeks later a parcel arrived from Florida USA. It contained two very cool t-shirts. One from Daytona and one from the Dirtcar Nationals.

I just wanted to publicly thank Mike for his generous gift.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion

Edited by - Madaz on 06 Mar 2019 21:20:12
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2355 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  11:55:30  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
onya mike, real nice of you!

thank you as always for continuously providing some entertainment for us all x
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  11:56:36  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

- THANK YOU -

I just wanted to let everyone know that after I won last years fantasy league I was contacted by Mike. He asked for my address details.

A few weeks later a parcel arrived from Florida USA. It contained two very cool t-shirts. One from Daytona and one from the Dirtcar Nationals.

I just wanted to publicly thank Mike for his generous gift.

he's a good man

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

tommo11
Team Manager

Indonesia
2084 Posts
joined 12 Dec 09

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  14:02:33  Show Profile  Visit tommo11's Homepage Send tommo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a legend

triggered snowflake xox
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 07 Mar 2019 :  19:48:00  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Once again, Madaz, it was nothing. And thanks for the compliments, guys. Far from a legend I am, mate. I've only been watching the series flag-to-flag since '08. The internet is my friend.

And besides, while we were on holiday in Florida, I was talking to the wife about the V8CFL, Supercars, this and that, and she said something like, "Why don't you get the guy a gift, you cheap bastard."

And there you have it. Once again, she pointed me in a direction and pushed. me off.

9/3:

Back to business, men:

I have decided to make a roster change in Group F. I posted it accordingly in the proper thread. However, I am also changing the way it appears on the Current Teams thread. I am going to put letters in the last column, A, B, C, etc., for which group underwent changes for which team. Once you hit FOUR letters (A-E) you are done, with the Exception of Group F, which is unlimited. I will continue to put Fs in for as many changes as as many make in said group.

The past few season sit was just, "1 Change Made", "2 Changes Made", etc. It will look different now.

But the IMPORTANT letters are FOUR only A-E.

17/3:

Working this whole weekend, men, but I do have Monday and Tuesday off. I'll get the results out late Monday/early Tuesday USA time. At the latest they should arrive down under sometime during the night Tuesday.

The 12 Hours of Sebring and the opening round of F1 are also on tap - after the V8CFL tally.

20/3:

AGP Results are up. LOTS of tallying I had to do - four races and mucho tiebreakers. My brain is fried. PLEASE review your point totals and results and get back to me with possible errors.

As for the Stewards Summary, there were three points penalties levied post race. The V8CFL recognizes all of them.

In Race 1, Car 2 was docked 30 points for a pit road violation wherein a tyre was out of the box, and I think Car 8 hit it. This gave Car 2 a 14 point final total.

In Race 3, Car 97 was docked 30 points for losing the tyre on the course. This gave Car 97 zero points. Actually, Car 97 had negative points but the V8CFL only goes down to zero.

In Race 3, Car 33 was disqualified and obtained no points.

All other penalties were post race time penalties and reflected accordingly in the Supercars Race Results.

Our four podiums:

Race 1:
1 All Aussie Racing / ThePhoon / Ford FPV F6
2 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6

Race 2:
1 The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6
3 All Aussie Racing / ThePhoon / Ford FPV F6

Race 3:
1 A-Tech Motorsport / Madaz / Lotus Exige
2 Ainít Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
3 GoGetEm Racing / Professor / Holden Commodore ZB

Race 4:
1 All Aussie Racing / ThePhoon / Ford FPV F6
3 Bartsport / adzy B / Infiniti Q60

ITR Mugen and Team Principal Infamous currently holds serve in the Table. Tournament standings can be viewed along with Symmons Plains matchups.

See you then, mates!

2/4:

Just a quick note prior to this weekend at Symmons Plains. The following have made team roster changes:

ignition
V8SuperRiley
SportsExtra Motorsport
tommo11
mikeamerica84
Lanky1

That might be the first time six members have made swaps for one round, so I just wanted those to review your team rosters to make sure I got them right.

Also, I updated the Results/Table thread. No points changes, I just aligned the columns and cleaned it up a little. That is why it was bumped up the list of threads.

Lastly, changes for Symmons Plains are required prior to MIDNIGHT THURSDAY SYDNEY time. Anything after that goes into effect for the next round.

Cheers.

5/4:

Past Midnight Thursday. All team rosters are locked in for Symmons Plains. Good luck to all.

8/4:

It is about noon in NSW (Monday). I'll have the results out w/i 24 hours. Just have to watch Race 2 and then we can tally up.

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 08 Apr 2019 11:29:59
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 08 Apr 2019 :  12:17:37  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not confident this round personally...

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 09 Apr 2019 :  07:09:13  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Symmons Plains results are up for both the Table and Tournament. Now, I could not find a complete Stewards Summary for Race 8 (Race 2 of the weekend). In Race 7, the following penalties were levied:

Car 9 - 30 team points
Car 23 - 30 team points

The Car 23 penalty (points) is not listed on the Supercars website - only the CAMS website. The V8CFL recognizes team points penalties.

https://www.cams.com.au/docs/default-source/default-document-library/officials/supercars/46-0-judicial-outcomes-2.pdf?sfvrsn=9747120_4

I will, however, play things by ear to see what shakes out later this week. If anyone has a lead on where a complete summary is listed, please let me know. I have actually e-mailed CAMS.

As for our weekend podiums:

Race 1:
1st  Legocy Racing / Lanky1 / Ford Mustang
2nd  ITR Mugen / Infamous / Honda NSX
3rd  R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

Race 2:
1st  R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
2nd  MT2 mSPORT / MT2 Levin / Toyota Camry Hybrid
3rd  Millenial Snowflake Motorsports / tommo11 / Ford Mustang

My team shakeup and the threatening of my driver by the "Chimps in Suits" worked out.

Overall, however, ITR Mugen and Infamous in their Honda NSX still holds serve in the Table. They stretched their lead out a tad over Shogun Autosport and Helix's Ford Mustang.

Next up is Phillip Island. There will be three teams having BYES in the Tournament this round. See you all then, UNLESS there is late breaking news with respect to the Tassie Stewards Summary.

Update: Thanks to The Arrow, I was connected with a link to the latest Stewards Summary from Tassie.

Race 8 - The 3 and 19 Cars both received 30 point team penalties. The V8CFL will recognize these. However, these are both Group F cars, ad only used for tiebreaking purposes. NEITHER car factored into any tiebreakers, so it is a wash.

Thanks, Arrow.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/04/07/tekno-kelly-racing-cop-3000-fines-points-penalties/

I have updated the Table thread as applicable, for historical purposes. Millions of years from now, when our fossilized bones are recovered from underground, and our hard drives found, they will say, "Man.... those blokes kept good records."

We are part of future history, men. Take a bow!

10/4:

A quick note to let you all know that for this weekend I am strapped with working Night Shift Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Thus the Phillip Island results will be out later in the week. At best, late Thursday your time. I like to watch the rounds before processing all of the data.

Thanks in advance for your patience, which will be required post Phillip Island.

Past Midnight Thursday it is. All team rosters are in Parc Ferme for Phillip Island. Quite a different track than Symmons Plains, it is. I like these two rounds back-to-back.

The only roster changes for this round are skaifeman and Madaz.

14/4:

Race 1 Results from PI are up. I had time to do them tonight.

Heavy congrats to adzy B! Dead last in our last race at Symmons Plains and top of the pile at Phillip Island!

So, the table has been updated with Race 1 only. The Tournament must wait for Race 2.

As for penalities, only team penalties. 30 points each for Cars 12, 17, 18, and 88. The 12 is a wash for no one has Car 12 on their team roster.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/djrtp-triple-eight-and-team-18-penalised/

Podium for Race 1:

1 Bartsport / adzy B / Infiniti Q60
2 Kalyara Racing Team / Kytabu / Chevrolet Camaro
3 7 Eleven Mobil 1 Racing / CP / Ford Mustang
See you after Race 2.

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 14 Apr 2019 13:52:56
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  14:35:00  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was looking good until the 6 dropped out of race 2 ...

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  16:04:06  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Dropping Pye for Frosty seems to have backfired....for the PI round at least.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 14 Apr 2019 :  18:05:50  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

Dropping Pye for Frosty seems to have backfired....for the PI round at least.

Amazing how that works sometimes.

On a sidebar, I am getting tired of these TEAM penalties. Especially with this "brake" rule in the pits. Next year the V8CFL will consider NOT recognizing TEAM penalties, but only DRIVER penalties. The team penalties are getting hard to track and the Stewards Summaries are not prompt post race these days. Hell.... CAMS did not even respond to my e-mail request, but they DID update their summary today - a week late.

However, THIS season, I cannot stop recognizing team penalties. It would be unfair to some. No changing horses in midstream.

Just something to ponder for 2020.

Once I get Race 2 in over here on the other side of the planet, points will be tallied. I have no means of watching it live, hence the delay.

17/4:

I have finished watching Race 2, men. Currently I am at work violating all work internet policies (the things I do for the V8CFL).

Race 2 results will be out w/i about 12 hours. I have to get home first.

Once again, thanks for you patience.

17/4:

Phillip Island Race 2 Results are up along with the Tournament Results:

Race 2 podium:
1  The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6
2  Esurientes Autosports / Esurientes / Nissan GTR
3  Blokes Advice Racing / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 17 Apr 2019 22:15:04
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 18 Apr 2019 :  01:16:39  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Finally got another win!

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1121 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 18 Apr 2019 :  13:26:48  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

Finally got another win!

I seem to notice that with this win for you, and your last win, I finished last both times.

You have to stop this crap, Arrow.

Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 18 Apr 2019 :  14:43:51  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not even sorry

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.03 seconds.