V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 NZ PM, Jacinda Ardern
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  19:05:30  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She has only been your PM for around 18 months, but so far she has been exemplary. You Kiwis have done well. She is already in elite company in being the female leader of a nation, but she is also the youngest, and has had a baby since and has kept leading the country while hardly missing a beat.

Her leadership since the murderous attack on innocent people last Friday has been amazing. I doubt if she has had more than a few hours sleep since, and everything she has done, everywhere she has been and everything she has said shows that NZ has a very special person leading the country.

These are only a few of many words and actions she has spoken and taken since, but they are powerful words:

"He is a terrorist. He is a criminal. He is an extremist - but he will, when I speak, be nameless. To others, I implore you: Speak the names of those whose lives were lost, rather than the name of the man who took them. We in New Zealand will give him nothing, not even his name."

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  19:12:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They can't call him 'no name' when he goes to court...
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  19:14:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Yeah thatís ummm,....yeah anyway...probably least said the best

I agree she has done a very good looking from the outside at least..

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  19:25:03  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

No, but when he gets to court, it's great that steps have been taken to have him on murder charges rather than terrorist charges. He has chosen to represent himself (and you know the standard line about that), but the murder charges will make it difficult for him to have any platform to give voice to any of his rantings.

Edited by - Zac on 19 Mar 2019 19:25:42
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  19:30:55  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah I agree Zac.
Biting the head off before it can do any more damage.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17195 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  19:35:49  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
gotta agree from the little I have seen of her that I would like to extend to her a formal welcome to the land of Oz and install her as our fearless leader.

a million times more class than anyone here.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  21:26:22  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Apparently charges of murder will also allow them to impose a longer sentence on him too, so it's a win, win.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 19 Mar 2019 21:26:54
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Mar 2019 :  22:28:47  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

No, but when he gets to court, it's great that steps have been taken to have him on murder charges rather than terrorist charges. He has chosen to represent himself (and you know the standard line about that), but the murder charges will make it difficult for him to have any platform to give voice to any of his rantings.

But does it help get him tried as a murderer when the PM is calling him a terrorist?
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  00:03:24  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All our Kiwi friends should be so proud of their Prime Minister, she has exhibited poise, empathy and friendship not seen in a western leader ever that I can recall!
She does not really surprise me anymore, it's sort of expected, Jacinda is an exemplary example of leadership that is lacking in most Prime Ministers!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  10:06:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

But does it help get him tried as a murderer when the PM is calling him a terrorist?

If you perceive an issue where the NZ PM's choice of words could hinder the prosecution in gaining a maximum sentence for multiple murders, you could do some legal research to confirm or allay your suspicion. Maybe you could let us know how you go.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  12:23:07  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I guess you don't think anything that is said in the media has an impact on legal cases. Must be a nice little world you live in.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  12:58:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, you did say it was a guess - but let's see what happens. This man is a terrorist who is being tried for murder.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  14:24:03  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes he is. I realise you're in full hero-worship mode, and will find even the tiniest HINT of criticism completely intolerable but don't you think, if you DON'T want to have someone tried as a terrorist, it might be good idea for the leader of the government to avoid calling him a terrorist?

Edited by - karter on 20 Mar 2019 14:26:56
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  18:11:07  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Yes he is. I realise you're in full hero-worship mode, and will find even the tiniest HINT of criticism completely intolerable but don't you think, if you DON'T want to have someone tried as a terrorist, it might be good idea for the leader of the government to avoid calling him a terrorist?

That certainly does sound logical to me mate

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  18:52:23  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that terrorism involving murder doesnt carry at least as stiff a penalty as plain murder?

How does that work?

Edited by - karter on 20 Mar 2019 18:52:54
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  19:02:17  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought it was the other way round in Australia.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds.