V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Interesting facts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 07 Apr 2019 :  19:32:04  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I'm not surprised when I see people saying things like: "maybe when we're the minority...", and believing in some Islamic conspiracy, but it is disappointing. There is no conspiracy by the Islamic religion to take over anywhere. Who here believes any one religion is that organised? Islam is splintered all over the place, just like most religions. Yes, there are so-called Islamic extremists who come up with wacky ideas, and then there's ISIS and others like them. To quote bigem: "How did that go for everybody?". I've no idea what the point was, nor how the Nazis keep popping up in arguments about 75 years after they were crushed, but Islam after nearly 2,000 years is not only not trying and therefore not succeeding, but there's no comparison.

Seriously, I understand that the world has a problem with so-called "Islamic extremists", but most of the leaders of those extremists aren't even Islamic. Keep on believing the bile pushed by people like Lauren Southern and Brigitte Gabriel/Hanan Qahwaji/Nour Semaan/Brigitte Tudor and others like them if you must, but you'd do better to find more accurate and believable sources. A bit less paranoia wouldn't hurt either.

ok zac....so since your up to date with the faith, tells us their views on the end times and what the holy book prophesises about it...all I know is that their will be an armagedom type of battle between the muslims and Im not sure who they are battling and why ?

also interested to know that since we can predict our future by countries who have similar laws...how have countries like Germany handled the open border policies ?....and have they had any issues with it ?

also interested to know, clearly muslims would want to and are dirested by the quran to follow their own laws just as we do in a judao/Christian country. how would those laws change our current laws?..as your clearly for those laws since your a Islamic apologetic

and finally, you havnt answered if you watched the clip ?...Im assuming its like the abortion one which you chose to comment on rather than watching it ?

and I thank you in advance for your spelling,grammer and punctuation remarks

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 07 Apr 2019 19:57:18
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22232 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 07 Apr 2019 :  20:24:56  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If that's going to be the tone of the discussion the thread will be locked.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 07 Apr 2019 :  20:34:44  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

If that's going to be the tone of the discussion the thread will be locked.

Sorry LG...as we know, the tone of a conversation can be distorted when itís processed through forums

Wasnít meant to be, but clearly Zac has studied the topic at hand so I think most of us are interested in his views

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2019 :  06:10:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We're turning this thread into a general rant about religion. We're getting off-topic from 'Interesting facts', and V8 Central doesn't have a 'Religion chit-chat' forum' where we could take this discussion. That's probably a good decision by laser. I don't think an 'Islam vs the rest' thread in here would be a good idea either.

PS to T-onne: In reply to the last sentence in your previous post and as you thanked me in advance: I stopped counting at 34.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 08 Apr 2019 :  07:33:08  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

We're turning this thread into a general rant about religion. We're getting off-topic from 'Interesting facts', and V8 Central doesn't have a 'Religion chit-chat' forum' where we could take this discussion. That's probably a good decision by laser. I don't think an 'Islam vs the rest' thread in here would be a good idea either.

PS to T-onne: In reply to the last sentence in your previous post and as you thanked me in advance: I stopped counting at 34.

thanks for your input

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 08 Apr 2019 :  21:09:52  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You do not have to be Islamphobic to recognise the issues a minority group of Muslims bring to western countries.

You can see it on the news! Just open your eyes!

Next thing, us meat eaters will be labelled Veganphobic! (we should eat them too)

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 11 Apr 2019 :  19:10:28  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://youtu.be/nd5fNbLCiIg

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 12 Apr 2019 :  06:47:10  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

What majority has become the minority, and what minority groups rule?

When you have UK police and councils covering up child rape crimes, and in fact allowing those crimes to continue to be comitted by people of a certain religion, purely BECAUSE of their religion, (and yes they represent a small minority of a minority religion) then you have a country that is being in effect run by a minority.

Edited by - karter on 12 Apr 2019 06:49:09
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 12 Apr 2019 :  19:23:42  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

The myth that it's only a small minority of Muslims in the world who are radicalised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 12 Apr 2019 :  19:28:38  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Madaz

The myth that it's only a small minority of Muslims in the world who are radicalised:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

Ben is a legend

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Apr 2019 :  08:43:41  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If we're to believe Ben Shapiro's extrapolation of the number of Muslims who are "radicalised", then we have to believe that the vast majority of these "radical Muslims" are living peaceful, law-abiding lives. Near the beginning of his talk when rattling off all those big numbers he asks: "Are you scared yet? No, we're just getting started". Is that his point? I'd be more "scared" living in the USA. The number of people killed and injured by guns alone is absolutely horrific. That's another subject entirely, but the chances of the USA (or Australia, or any non-Muslim or so-called Christian country) being overtaken and ruled by Islam is virtually non-existent. The chances of non-Muslims being harmed by these so-called radicals is so ridiculously small, and any reason to be scared is even smaller again. So what is it he wants us to be scared of? He claims there are 143,000,000 radical Muslims in Indonesia alone. So what?

Ben Shapiro speaks of: "the myth of the tiny, radical Muslim minority". I don't believe that myth, nor do I believe the myths that he promotes. If Ben Shapiro, Brigitte Gabriel and Lauren Southern are the people whose "interesting facts" we should believe, then I'm a non-believer.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Apr 2019 :  08:54:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

If we're to believe Ben Shapiro's extrapolation of the number of Muslims who are "radicalised", then we have to believe that the vast majority of these "radical Muslims" are living peaceful, law-abiding lives. Near the beginning of his talk when rattling off all those big numbers he asks: "Are you scared yet? No, we're just getting started". Is that his point? I'd be more "scared" living in the USA. The number of people killed and injured by guns alone is absolutely horrific. That's another subject entirely, but the chances of the USA (or Australia, or any non-Muslim or so-called Christian country) being overtaken and ruled by Islam is virtually non-existent. The chances of non-Muslims being harmed by these so-called radicals is so ridiculously small, and any reason to be scared is even smaller again. So what is it he wants us to be scared of? He claims there are 143,000,000 radical Muslims in Indonesia alone. So what?

Ben Shapiro speaks of: "the myth of the tiny, radical Muslim minority". I don't believe that myth, nor do I believe the myths that he promotes. If Ben Shapiro, Brigitte Gabriel and Lauren Southern are the people whose "interesting facts" we should believe, then I'm a non-believer.

Yeah thanks for that Zac

Itís ok not to believe in myths and facts...some people believe in the tooth fairy others donít...some look at Germany with their open border policy and say it works...others have seen the horror of terror attacks and disagree

Some people are scared of the excess amount of firearms in America others are not...some people in America are scared of terrorism as another threat.
Our friends over the ditch are right now scared of a terror attack which is why they have banned certain ANZAC day ceremonies

But itís ok not to be scared of what some are perceiving as new threats...itís ok not to believe facts and argue facts when you donít have any facts yourself...some may say that itís sticking your head in the sand....but thatís ok

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 13 Apr 2019 08:59:09
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 13 Apr 2019 :  12:13:35  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

....That's another subject entirely, but the chances of the USA (or Australia, or any non-Muslim or so-called Christian country) being overtaken and ruled by Islam is virtually non-existent.

You have your head firmly in the sand. In 2016 and 17 the most popular name for male babies born in the UK was Mohammed.

Do you think there were many non muslims calling their kids Mohammed?

But there certainly were more muslim kids born who were not called Mohammed.

In the next 15-18 years those kids will be voting. Who do you think they'll be voting for?

I suppose this guy, a muslim MP, is just scaremongering as well in your opinion.

https://youtu.be/86CkqV2UpA8

Edited by - karter on 13 Apr 2019 12:20:09
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 13 Apr 2019 :  13:38:38  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

In 2016 and 17 the most popular name for male babies born in the UK was Mohammed.

No, in both 2016 and 2017 the most popular name for baby boys was Oliver - but what kind of interesting fact is that? Add all the non-Muslim names together then add all the forms of Mohammed plus any other Muslim names that you can find together and see how you go.:

https://www.britishbabynames.com/blog/2017/09/top-100-most-popular-names-in-england-and-wales-2016.html

https://www.britishbabynames.com/blog/top-1000-names-in-england-and-wales-2017.html

Those charts are for England and Wales, but 'Mohammed' came 45th in Scotland and didn't appear in any list for Northern Ireland. However... I doubt that any list of popular baby names is a reliable guide to whether Islam is taking over any country. Seriously, a better guide would be a list totalling all babies born to Muslim parents and all babies born to non-Muslims. Figures from censuses or surveys showing increases and decreases in religions would be better still. If you're using England as your example, there hasn't been a census since 2011, but in that census the numbers were:

Christianity 59.4%
No religion 24.7%
Not stated 7.2%
Islam 5.0%
Others 3.7%

There have been other surveys since however. Here is one from January 2018 showing the merged data from 13 separate polls:

http://www.brin.ac.uk/counting-religion-in-britain-january-2018/

No, I don't believe that Islam has halved in seven years either, although 2.5% is around the polling margin for error. Regardless, it would need a percentage increase of many hundreds of percent with a corresponding percentage drop across the combined total of all other religions (and 'No religion') of many hundreds to become the biggest religion in England. Maybe getting into politics is a better way for Muslims to take over a country. I watched your youtube link about the Muslim politician. Here's an interesting fact about him: He (Shahid Malik) lost his seat and left politics in 2010.

PS: Any census or survey of religions I look at for any country shows that the fastest growing sector is 'No religion'. Probably not in Brunei - or Indonesia, or other predominantly Muslim countries, but who here would want to live in any of those? It'd be easier in most of them than the UK to stick your head in the sand I suppose.

Edited by - Zac on 13 Apr 2019 15:28:54
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 13 Apr 2019 :  15:27:07  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh dear........

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 41 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.03 seconds.