V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Interesting facts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  13:54:27  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

Expressing your thoughts could have major repucussions if you are thinking of travelling to the US of A.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/us/us-visa-application-social-media.html

Hardly anything new. 9 years ago in Europe you could be charged and tried for expressing your thoughts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Geert_Wilders
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  15:46:25  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've applied for a visa to visit China and have not been asked for any social media details.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  15:56:46  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I've applied for a visa to visit China and have not been asked for any social media details.

China controls their own citizens and doesn't worry much about foreigners I have found. I've been there 6 or so times now and always found it quite care free from an outsiders POV.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  16:00:01  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:

China controls their own citizens and doesn't worry much about foreigners I have found. I've been there 6 or so times now and always found it quite care free from an outsiders POV.

here's a question...in Australia is common to eat chinese food for special occasions...do they eat Australian food when its their birthday ect ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  17:39:24  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

quote:

here's a question...in Australia is common to eat chinese food for special occasions...do they eat Australian food when its their birthday ect ?

no
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  19:34:23  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Of course, Chinese people enjoy far greater freedoms than Americans, right?

Maybe in your own special loonyverse.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  19:36:08  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

no

Well that disappointing

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 05 Jun 2019 :  04:44:10  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:

Of course, Chinese people enjoy far greater freedoms than Americans, right?

Maybe in your own special loonyverse.

Chinese citizens have to apply for visas to visit their own country?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 05 Jun 2019 :  13:34:35  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.9news.com.au/national/terror-act-momena-shoma-sentenced-for-stabbing-homestay-host/07fdf24c-c388-4910-86bf-12d7dab79b0d

https://www.9news.com.au/national/news-sydney-ihsas-khan-jailed-27-years-minto-terror-attack/fedbed2e-81e5-4beb-b89b-945f33332ed8

Busy day in our courts

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 05 Jun 2019 :  14:00:50  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Two stabbings? Iíll raise you four deaths.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-04/darwin-shooting-people-police-arrest-gunman/11179136

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 05 Jun 2019 :  14:56:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Two stabbings? Iíll raise you four deaths.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-04/darwin-shooting-people-police-arrest-gunman/11179136

Thank god for John Howard or there may have alot more

Izzy update
https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/rugby-israel-folau-files-dispute-against-rugby-australia/84ac877f-f6ba-405a-a427-3b4d7c20026e

Never ever did I think I would be a Mark Lathem fan, but Iam now

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 06 Jun 2019 17:59:56
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Jun 2019 :  18:31:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He wasn't sacked because of his religion. He was sacked because he broke his contract so it should be thrown out pretty quickly.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2524 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 06 Jun 2019 :  18:41:07  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

He wasn't sacked because of his religion. He was sacked because he broke his contract so it should be thrown out pretty quickly.

Have to agree. He signed the contract openly knowing the strict conditions just like many others in the work place bound by publicity/media/social media clauses. To bad so sad, religion is a pathetic excuse.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 06 Jun 2019 :  18:56:13  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Partly wrong ..he was sacked because he quoted the bible and was sacked by Alan Joyce
From what I understand, that part of contract should never have been in it and itís illegal, so doesnít matter if he did or didnít sign it. Bit like employing somebody to work for $2 an hour

Do you think he is spending his money on lawyers because he doesnít have a case ?

I predicted RA will have a new owner very soon...

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 06 Jun 2019 19:02:12
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 06 Jun 2019 :  19:08:40  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Partly wrong ..he was sacked because he quoted the bible and was sacked by Alan Joyce
From what I understand, that part of contract should never have been in it and itís illegal, so doesnít matter if he did or didnít sign it. Bit like employing somebody to work for $2 an hour

Do you think he is spending his money on lawyers because he doesnít have a case ?

I predicted RA will have a new owner very soon...

He's suing for $10m because he idolises money. Hypocritical.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 28.24 seconds.