V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Interesting facts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1728 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 21 Jun 2019 :  04:32:27  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know you are concerned about your carbon footprint. An extra electric vehicle is probably more likely to make a out happier than solar power.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/science/21-06-2019/electric-car-or-solar-panels-which-reduces-your-carbon-footprint-the-most/

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  06:24:32  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:
[i]
If the anti-Islam brigade want to turn all the Islam supporters on here away from Islam, there must be plenty of links out there of Islam extremists doing their usual rant. That link would be more likely to have the opposite effect.

("the bad reality"... )

https://youtu.be/UMwwvDcR-VE

https://youtu.be/mjMQ724LnLc

Work for you?

Well Zac? No thoughts? You'll be happy when this type of thing is happening here? Assuming it isn't already of course.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  14:14:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I appreciate you asking for my thoughts, but they haven't changed. I watched a few minutes of both videos. Meh. I was slightly more interested in the comments people posted. You can convince yourself of the imminent takeover of Western civilisation and of Islamic extremist terrorists plotting to kill all infidels, by watching stuff like that (and listening to those other people you have posted links to) but the facts don't support that happening.

Muslims have been emigrating and immigrating for centuries. Muslims have been migrating to Australia since the mid 1800s. They are now up to 2.6% of the population. They have migrated to the USA for around the same time and are now up to 0.8% of the USA's population. They are 4.4% of the population of Great Britain, 3.2% of the population of Canada, and 1.1% of the population of New Zealand. What percentage of those percentages are likely extremist terrorists? I don't know, but possibly up to around the same percentages. That is, IMO it's possible that 2.6% of Australia's population of 2.6% Muslims could possibly want to kill non-Muslims. Chances are that Australia's security organisations know who those likely ones are.

If I was to watch stuff like those videos, and listen to people like Ben Shapiro, I could be brainwashed into believing in an Islamic takeover too. If I was to believe him that there are 123,000,000 Muslim extremists in Indonesia just to our North, I could be scared - just like he was asking. I mean, really?

FWIW, in the past few weeks I have made an effort to talk to a number of Muslims who work in an organisation I am involved with. It is a group of community homes caring for intellectually disabled men. Some of the people I spoke with are care workers and support staff performing various functions. They were happy to answer any questions I asked. I also had a long conversation with a woman of Persian background who is the HR co-ordinator. All of them are peaceful, law-abiding Australians, so far removed from the stuff you can find about Muslims on the internet that it's difficult to understand how people of the same religion can live their lives so differently.

You have your views on Islam and I have mine. If I do have my head stuck in the sand, as you say, then it's stuck there having looked at the evidence, and is also based on my experiences dealing with Muslim people in business and life generally for over forty years.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  15:02:37  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems to me you didn't actually watch the videos, but are making guesses as to what's on them.

These are videos of what children are being taught in Islamic schools in Britain. Today. Now.

Taken using hidden cameras in actual classes.

Kill apostates. Kill homosexuals. Hate non muslims.

You talk about brainwashing. What do you think is happening in these schools?

Sure, Moslems are a small percentage now. But it's growing. But even using numbers more conservative than yours, if 2% of 2% of Australia'spopulation of 25,000,000 were extremists - that's 10,000.

I doubt it's that high. Yet.

But if they're teaching kids stuff like that in England, you'd have to think it is happening or will happen here. And being taught like that, the number, the proportion, of extremists will certainly rise.

You seriously can't see any potential problems?

Edited by - karter on 26 Jun 2019 15:08:24
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  19:15:56  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I did watch all the first one and I watched about half of the second one. Similar videos have been around for a decade or three. So, what's the result of the effects of what these kids are being taught? Where are all these young Muslims killing apostates, homosexuals, non-Muslims? (I won't lower the discussion by doubting the authenticity of those videos, but maybe you should not just accept them as fact.)

Please, let's just agree to disagree. There are Muslim extremists in the world, and they are a problem. You seem somewhat obsessed with a Muslim revolution taking over the world. Like the 'Islamic State' war in Syria? That is a battle with far bigger and more complex issues than the Islamic State loonies, but they were crushed. They haven't totally gone away, but that was their best shot for a long time, and they disappeared under the political issues.

Please stop trying to make me into some Islamic sympathiser. I support freedom of religion, and I support those people who have made Australia their home who happen to have been born into the Muslim faith and have no extremist thoughts in their heads. Most of them are ordinary, average people living their lives (a Joe Walsh song flashed through my head just then) just like most of us. All this crap you keep digging up is as foreign to them as it is to most Australians. Keep posting whatever you want, but I won't keep responding to it. Well, I won't say never, but try and keep it rational and I will too.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  20:17:42  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I did watch all the first one and I watched about half of the second one. Similar videos have been around for a decade or three. So, what's the result of the effects of what these kids are being taught? Where are all these young Muslims killing apostates, homosexuals, non-Muslims? (I won't lower the discussion by doubting the authenticity of those videos, but maybe you should not just accept them as fact.)

The videos are factual. The London Metropolitan police in concert with teachers from the mosque tried pushing the story that they'd been edited to misrepresent what was actually being said and taught.

Bit silly, given that Channel 4 had the original recordings, and could prove no misrepresentation occurred.

The LMP later apologized and admitted the tapes were representative of what was really being taught, but of course their intent - deflection from the truth, had been served.

And of course you've tried the same thing. Deflection from the question being asked.

Once again, any views on what is being taught? Would you be happy to know children in Australia were being taught the same things?

Don't you think that kind of teaching is hate crime?

Does it strike you as strange that the LMP initially lied saying the videos were faked, and then after eventually admitting they were real, still have not attempted to press charges against any of those teachers? Remembering that this follows decades of police cover ups of organized gang rapes of thousands of children in the UK.

Edited by - karter on 26 Jun 2019 20:30:21
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  22:28:35  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I knew as soon as I gave the slightest indication of any doubt about the authenticity of those links that it would be the point you'd carry on with.

"This thread is becoming farcical and is on life support."

I've given up saying what I've said so many times before to you about my attitude to Islam. You never seem to notice. Every time I say it, I expect yawning smilies in response, but you keep coming back again and again with more of the same stuff. It's like you need anyone you can find to keep pushing this stuff at, and often I'm it. It's become a running joke on here, judging by the PMs I'm getting. I'll retire from this Islamophobia thread and watch to see who else you can find to help you carry on your obsession.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  22:32:21  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sometimes it’s hard to say “ Karter you are right mate....we should be concerned about Islamic teaching” so I figured I’d say it for you and save you from retiring zaccy

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 27 Jun 2019 :  06:41:54  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I knew as soon as I gave the slightest indication of any doubt about the authenticity of those links that it would be the point you'd carry on with

So you knew the videos were real, but decided to suggest they weren't anyway.

Deflection again.

Then throw in a handful of ad hominem rubbish and routine name calling and it's your standard Zac post.

Better that than facing the truth I guess.

Anyway, how about another interesting fact: Elon Musk, who has largely pioneered autonomous cars, is very, very worried about the development of Artificial intelligence. (As was Stephen Hawking.)

https://youtu.be/B-Osn1gMNtw

Edited by - karter on 27 Jun 2019 07:48:13
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1728 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  16:21:40  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some people that went to Hell are not happy. They didn't get what they were promised and may not return, claiming false advertising and potentially dangerous omissions.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/lifestyle/2019/06/the-road-to-hell-is-paved-with-good-intentions-hell-pizza-comes-under-fire-for-misleading-stunt.html

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 28 Jun 2019 :  19:22:38  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The "medium rare patty" might suggest meat, but doesn't promise it. "100% Australian beef patties" seems like a more overt promise to me yet people don't seem to get worked up about what they actually get.

To me though, the idea of fake meat is silly. If you want to go vegan or vegetarian, go ahead. You can enjoy healthy, tasty, and far less environmentally damaging food, without having to eat pretend meat.

I've tried a Hungry Jacks vegan burger, (a vegan friend bought it for me) and it was pretty good. One thing I liked was that the patty was clearly made of veggies, didn't pretend to be meat, and was tasty.

I guess it's good this pizza shop is trying to get people to at least sample some food that is more sustainable. Just a pity they feel the need to be maybe a bit misleading to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 29 Jun 2019 :  14:56:35  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/pregnant-woman-shot-charged-with-manslaughter-of-unborn-child/dab779a2-ed21-4d99-8791-1c969795f281
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1728 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 29 Jun 2019 :  15:48:11  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/pregnant-woman-shot-charged-with-manslaughter-of-unborn-child/dab779a2-ed21-4d99-8791-1c969795f281

Mental. I expect that if the pregnant woman also had a gun, there would be no consideration of bringing charges. Because in Alabama, people with guns obviously have more rights than anyone else.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 29 Jun 2019 :  18:50:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

No issue with that at all

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  06:30:14  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dali Lama a white supremacist?

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/06/27/dalai-lama-europe-will-become-muslim-if-migrants-allowed-to-stay/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.45 seconds.