V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Interesting facts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 41

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  06:36:43  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Dali Lama a white supremacist?

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/06/27/dalai-lama-europe-will-become-muslim-if-migrants-allowed-to-stay/

I'll avoid extreme "news" websites thanks.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  07:36:05  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was a BBC interview. But whatever helps you feel better.

https://youtu.be/KKwvimHFL8U

The BBC must find the Dalai Lama very confusing. He's critical of Trump, but against uncontrolled immigration and the Islamisation of Europe. Thinks a female Dalai Lama should be attractive.

A Trump bashing, White supremacist, anti feminist? But he's the Dalai Lama!!!

Edited by - karter on 30 Jun 2019 07:50:31
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  10:01:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Dalai Lama a white supremacist? You are confusing race and religion, but I acknowledge the Dalai Lama's point. He has his opinion, and we should take notice of what he says. Here are two other points he has made regarding Islam:

"There is no such thing as a Muslim terrorist."
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/dalai-lama-muslim-terrorism-islam-no-such-thing-as-video-watch-speech-a7317001.html

"Do not reject refugees because they are Muslim."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxkYW74HUUs

I doubt than many of us agree with everything another person tells us. Maybe we pick out the things they say that we agree with and ignore the other things they say, or in the Dalai Lama's case, maybe at times he changes his mind. We all do that, but at least we should take notice of what he says.
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  15:36:31  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It was a BBC interview. But whatever helps you feel better.

https://youtu.be/KKwvimHFL8U

The BBC must find the Dalai Lama very confusing. He's critical of Trump, but against uncontrolled immigration and the Islamisation of Europe. Thinks a female Dalai Lama should be attractive.

A Trump bashing, White supremacist, anti feminist? But he's the Dalai Lama!!!

Note Breitbart only mentioned the part of the BBC interview that supported their far right views.

They omitted to mention: "In a scathing assessment, he said the 45th president's time in office was defined by a "lack of moral principle", a contrast to remarks made in 2016 when he said he had "no worries" about a Trump presidency.

"When he became president he expressed America first. That is wrong," the Dalai Lama told me.

The withdrawal from the Paris climate accord and the migrant crisis are two big areas of concern. "When I saw pictures of some of those young children, I was sad," he said of the situation at the US-Mexico border. "America... should take a global responsibility."

As I said. A website to avoid.

_Mford

Edited by - djr18fan on 30 Jun 2019 19:23:01
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  16:00:41  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The Dalai Lama a white supremacist? You are confusing race and religion....

No, that seems to be you. I was more referring to the bit about "Europe for Europeans."

And DJRhater, Breitbart may only have commented on part of the interview, but they did link to the whole BBC video.

What else did the Dalai Lama say to you, and when and where did you meet?

As for your views on Trump, there's a whole other thread for that.

Edited by - karter on 30 Jun 2019 17:05:56
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  19:04:02  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I was more referring to the bit about "Europe for Europeans."
Fair enough, "Europe for Europeans", as the Dalai Lama says, but you still have race and religion mixed up. There are refugees of different religions and races fleeing war, persecution, drought and poverty, as well as economic refugees migrating to Europe. They are predominantly Muslim, but not predominantly black (or yellow, or red), unless you believe that people from Syria, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan are "coloured people"(?).

It's a funny thought that the Dalai Lama is a white supremacist, and if it's your sense of humour, then I get it. It's probably not your sense of humour.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  19:11:11  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He is an interesting fella ole mate Dalai......not sure how you can slaughter in the name of allah as the good book encourages and not be a Muslim

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  19:49:08  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The old "inconsistencies in holy books" trick. That's the second time I've fallen for that this week.
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 30 Jun 2019 :  20:02:35  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The Dalai Lama a white supremacist? You are confusing race and religion....

No, that seems to be you. I was more referring to the bit about "Europe for Europeans."

And DJRhater, Breitbart may only have commented on part of the interview, but they did link to the whole BBC video.

What else did the Dalai Lama say to you, and when and where did you meet?

As for your views on Trump, there's a whole other thread for that.

I thought you would have recognised what I posted as being a quote from the linked BBC article.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2019 :  06:36:29  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I assumed, since you said you wouldn't look at anything on the Breitbart site, that you er, wouldn't look at anything on the Breitbart site.

Silly of me.

That's why I posted the link to the BBC's video.

It's notable that the only bit of that video the BBC comments on is the negative stuff about Trump.

I guess that makes the BBC a broadcaster to avoid?

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Fair enough, "Europe for Europeans", as the Dalai Lama says, but you still have race and religion mixed up. There are refugees of different religions and races fleeing war, persecution, drought and poverty, as well as economic refugees migrating to Europe. They are predominantly Muslim, but not predominantly black (or yellow, or red), unless you believe that people from Syria, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan are "coloured people"(?).

It's a funny thought that the Dalai Lama is a white supremacist, and if it's your sense of humour, then I get it. It's probably not your sense of humour.

Once again, I simply quoted the Dalai Lama. So if anyone's confusing race and religion, it's him or you.

The Dalai Lama said "Europe" (a continent who's indigenous people are white) "for Europeans" (presumably those same white people).

This isn't too complicated is it?

I'm not saying I agree with his extreme racism here. Just pointing out what he said.

(In case you're getting confused again,
I just might be kidding about him being racist. Hope that helps.)

And while I'm at it, I'd suggest that if just about anyone else, say for example Donald Trump, said something like that, the virtue signallers, and perhaps even you, would be going absolutely ballistic.

Goes to show, some people base their reaction more on who says something than on what is actually said. (Like refusing to watch a BBC video because it's on a Breitbart link?)

That's bigotry defined, isn't it?

Edited by - karter on 01 Jul 2019 07:04:30
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2019 :  09:09:53  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I simply quoted the Dalai Lama. So if anyone's confusing race and religion, it's him or you.

The Dalai Lama said "Europe" (a continent who's indigenous people are white) "for Europeans" (presumably those same white people).

I'm not saying I agree with his extreme racism here. Just pointing out what he said.

Thanks for the obsequious explanation. You were simply quoting the Dalai Lama, and it was the "white supremacist" quote that threw me. I missed the part where he said that.

Here's an interesting fact though: The Dalai Lama's country of Tibet was separate from the rest of the world for centuries, and it wasn't until the 1980s that tourists were allowed to visit. Even now, you need a special permit to travel outside the capital of Lapso, there is no immigration policy (except for the return of Tibetans who migrated) and Tibet is closed to visitors for a few months each year. "Tibet for Tibetans", maybe - but I wouldn't think that the Dalai Lama would say that.

Edited by - Zac on 01 Jul 2019 09:13:41
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1729 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 01 Jul 2019 :  11:04:39  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I assumed, since you said you wouldn't look at anything on the Breitbart site, that you er, wouldn't look at anything on the Breitbart site.

Silly of me.

That's why I posted the link to the BBC's video.

It's notable that the only bit of that video the BBC comments on is the negative stuff about Trump.

I guess that makes the BBC a broadcaster to avoid?

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Once again, I simply quoted the Dalai Lama. So if anyone's confusing race and religion, it's him or you.

(In case you're getting confused again,
I just might be kidding about him being racist. Hope that helps.)

And while I'm at it, I'd suggest that if just about anyone else, say for example Donald Trump, said something like that, the virtue signallers, and perhaps even you, would be going absolutely ballistic.

Goes to show, some people base their reaction more on who says something than on what is actually said. (Like refusing to watch a BBC video because it's on a Breitbart link?)

That's bigotry defined, isn't it?

This, from the BBC article, is negative towards Trump?

'But the world's most famous refugee has some surprising views on immigration.

In a speech last year he said that refugees to the European Union should ultimately return home, adding that "Europe is for Europeans", a statement he stood by when I challenged him on it.

"European countries should take these refugees and give them education and training, and the aim is return to their own land with certain skills," he said.

The Dalai Lama believes the end game should be to rebuild the countries people have fled. But with some 70 million people displaced across the world according to the latest figures, what if people want to stay?

"A limited number is OK, but the whole of Europe [will] eventually become Muslim country, African country - impossible," he said. A controversial viewpoint, and a reminder that while the Dalai Lama is a spiritual figurehead he is also a politician with views and opinions like everyone else."

_Mford

Edited by - djr18fan on 01 Jul 2019 11:14:26
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2019 :  14:12:16  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

I simply quoted the Dalai Lama. So if anyone's confusing race and religion, it's him or you.

Thanks for the obsequious explanation. You were simply quoting the Dalai Lama, and it was the "white supremacist" quote that threw me. I missed the part where he said that.

Here's an interesting fact though: The Dalai Lama's country of Tibet was separate from the rest of the world for centuries, and it wasn't until the 1980s that tourists were allowed to visit. Even now, you need a special permit to travel outside the capital of Lapso, there is no immigration policy (except for the return of Tibetans who migrated) and Tibet is closed to visitors for a few months each year. "Tibet for Tibetans", maybe - but I wouldn't think that the Dalai Lama would say that.

Obsequious perhaps but apparently still not clear enough for you.

"White Supremacist" quote? Where?

Nowhere did I suggest the Dalai Lama used that term. But you knew that surely?

I'm also sure you know that if virtually anyone else on Earth said "Europe for Europeans", then he, she or it would instantly be branded a white supremacist, by some people. People more intent on showing how "liberal" and "inclusive" they are than on listening to what someone is actually saying.

Forming an opinion based on who says a thing rather than what is actually said is IMO pure bigotry.

Did I really have to explain that again, or was it yet another of your attempts at deflection?

As for Tibet for Tibetans", I'm sure the Dalai Lama would very much like to be able to return home, but the communist Chinese don't exactly have the worlds best history regarding human rights and respect for personal freedom... maybe even worse than the USA under Trump? Naaaahhh!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9780 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 01 Jul 2019 :  14:39:34  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm also sure you know that if virtually anyone else on Earth said "Europe for Europeans", then he, she or it would instantly be branded a white supremacist, by some people.
Well, certainly by you. If we don't regard people from non-European countries such as Iraq, Iran and Syria and other Middle Eastern countries as "white", then we can't regard people from Greece, the Balkan countries, Southern Italy, Spain and Portugal as "white" either. Equating "Europe for Europeans" as being a statement of white supremacy is a presumption on your part, and wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17533 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Jul 2019 :  15:06:58  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

I'm also sure you know that if virtually anyone else on Earth said "Europe for Europeans", then he, she or it would instantly be branded a white supremacist, by some people.
Well, certainly by you. If we don't regard people from non-European countries such as Iraq, Iran and Syria and other Middle Eastern countries as "white", then we can't regard people from Greece, the Balkan countries, Southern Italy, Spain and Portugal as "white" either. Equating "Europe for Europeans" as being a statement of white supremacy is a presumption on your part, and wrong.

these are very interesting facts

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 41 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.44 seconds.