V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Interesting facts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

Jam3s
Team Manager


2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

 offline

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  18:13:39  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Climate change or natural attrition/cycle?




https://www.9news.com.au/world/climate-change-floating-antarctic-ice-goes-from-record-high-to-record-lows/7905e7c3-ff03-4067-8c6b-df884cc0d562

And couple that with this: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/18/arctic-permafrost-canada-science-climate-crisis

The rate of change which was already exponential now seems to be quite worrying.



Kinda weird talking about this on a car racing website

so we're shutting down the general chat side of the forum suddenly?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  18:40:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Climate change or natural attrition/cycle?




https://www.9news.com.au/world/climate-change-floating-antarctic-ice-goes-from-record-high-to-record-lows/7905e7c3-ff03-4067-8c6b-df884cc0d562

And couple that with this: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/18/arctic-permafrost-canada-science-climate-crisis

The rate of change which was already exponential now seems to be quite worrying.



Kinda weird talking about this on a car racing website

so we're shutting down the general chat side of the forum suddenly?



No point is motor racing doesnít do a lot of good to the environment I wouldnít have thought

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager


2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

 offline

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  18:57:01  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Climate change or natural attrition/cycle?




https://www.9news.com.au/world/climate-change-floating-antarctic-ice-goes-from-record-high-to-record-lows/7905e7c3-ff03-4067-8c6b-df884cc0d562

And couple that with this: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/18/arctic-permafrost-canada-science-climate-crisis

The rate of change which was already exponential now seems to be quite worrying.



Kinda weird talking about this on a car racing website

so we're shutting down the general chat side of the forum suddenly?



No point is motor racing doesnít do a lot of good to the environment I wouldnít have thought

in case you haven't noticed there's a growing number of electric / hybrid and fuel cell categories in the world which is the direction the sport will inevitably go. One can appreciate the situation at hand without completely denouncing what they love. The industry's is heading in the right direction, slower than I'd like but it's getting there.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager


11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  13:19:54  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by karter

Not sure why you're rehashing old posts?

I thought we'd already agreed that those countries aren't part of Europe, and so are irrelevant as regards what the Dalai Lama said. I still have no idea why you even mentioned them in the first place.

Probably because people from those non-European countries make up a large percentage of those Muslims migrating to Europe, but...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ Never mind, I can explain if you want.

Meanwhile, the news from Mount Gambier:
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne[quote][I]Originally posted by Trickyonne
https://www.9news.com.au/national/sydney-terror-raids-three-arrested-accused-links-to-islamic-state-Australia-news/a97d5451-1068-4648-9fel-1982997b72c3

I read in that link that the AFP Asst Commissioner said that those charged did not represent the Islamic faith and that their actions were criminal. Thanks for your link your pointing that out. We don't get much Sydney news up here in Sydney.




You're confusing race with religion again?

Anyway, I'd assume that if the Dalai Lama is saying Europe should be for Europeans, he'd probably be in favour of the idea of limiting levels of immigration from non-European countries, regardless of their faith.

Sound reasonable to you?

And of course while the suspected terrorists arrested in Sydney obviously aren't Islamic, there are reports that they're linked with an organization called "Islamic State".
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  13:47:03  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by karter

Not sure why you're rehashing old posts?

I thought we'd already agreed that those countries aren't part of Europe, and so are irrelevant as regards what the Dalai Lama said. I still have no idea why you even mentioned them in the first place.

Probably because people from those non-European countries make up a large percentage of those Muslims migrating to Europe, but...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ Never mind, I can explain if you want.

Meanwhile, the news from Mount Gambier:
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne[quote][I]Originally posted by Trickyonne
https://www.9news.com.au/national/sydney-terror-raids-three-arrested-accused-links-to-islamic-state-Australia-news/a97d5451-1068-4648-9fel-1982997b72c3

I read in that link that the AFP Asst Commissioner said that those charged did not represent the Islamic faith and that their actions were criminal. Thanks for your link your pointing that out. We don't get much Sydney news up here in Sydney.




You're confusing race with religion again?

Anyway, I'd assume that if the Dalai Lama is saying Europe should be for Europeans, he'd probably be in favour of the idea of limiting levels of immigration from non-European countries, regardless of their faith.

Sound reasonable to you?

And of course while the suspected terrorists arrested in Sydney obviously aren't Islamic, there are reports that they're linked with an organization called "Islamic State".



Yeah apparently Islam and Islamic state have nothing to do with one another...

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  17:50:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Karter, as the Captain said, what we've got here is failure to communicate. Perhaps we are trying to understand each other and not succeeding, or perhaps we aren't really trying, but while we are trying (or not trying, as the case may be), others who try to not understand join in. You don't need to look too far from this post to see that. It's been entertaining, but after three months I've lost interest. Your fear of Islam taking over the world has had plenty of coverage over the past 35 pages, helped along by me and a few others who keep provoking you to find more links to support your fear. You've also had Trickyonne's anti-Islam posts supporting you (in a very kind and Christian loving way, of course). However, as we haven't progressed in 35 pages, it's unlikely that we'll progress in another 35. We have found some things in common through this thread though. Neither of us have much time for organised religion, for instance, but we do support freedom of religion - don't we?

You will still have a few people disagreeing with any anti-Islam posts. None of them actually support the religion of Islam though. Probably no more and no less than other religions. They do support those peaceful citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries who happen to be Islamic (or Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or anything else), but they don't support the extremists of ISIS or ISIL, or anyone who does support them. IMHO, most of us know the difference between those who peacefully live their lives following a particular religion from those criminals who live lives of hate in their mistaken beliefs and misinterpretation of that "religion". We've had a few sidelines on the way. This thread has had chats about rape, abortion, ostriches, a man killing a dog, and a bit about Izzy too, but it started as an anti-Islam thread (under the guise of "Interesting facts" ), and that's where it's at now.

Maybe with little or no input from me, there will be one less person to stir along the anti-Islam stuff and things might settle down, if just a bit. You never know though, there may be some actual Islamic supporters out there who could argue with you. A fatwa or two on people making anti-Islamic posts could liven this thread up...

Edited by - Zac on 03 Jul 2019 18:02:02
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  18:23:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Karter, as the Captain said, what we've got here is failure to communicate. Perhaps we are trying to understand each other and not succeeding, or perhaps we aren't really trying, but while we are trying (or not trying, as the case may be), others who try to not understand join in. You don't need to look too far from this post to see that. It's been entertaining, but after three months I've lost interest. Your fear of Islam taking over the world has had plenty of coverage over the past 35 pages, helped along by me and a few others who keep provoking you to find more links to support your fear. You've also had Trickyonne's anti-Islam posts supporting you (in a very kind and Christian loving way, of course). However, as we haven't progressed in 35 pages, it's unlikely that we'll progress in another 35. We have found some things in common through this thread though. Neither of us have much time for organised religion, for instance, but we do support freedom of religion - don't we?

You will still have a few people disagreeing with any anti-Islam posts. None of them actually support the religion of Islam though. Probably no more and no less than other religions. They do support those peaceful citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries who happen to be Islamic (or Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or anything else), but they don't support the extremists of ISIS or ISIL, or anyone who does support them. IMHO, most of us know the difference between those who peacefully live their lives following a particular religion from those criminals who live lives of hate in their mistaken beliefs and misinterpretation of that "religion". We've had a few sidelines on the way. This thread has had chats about rape, abortion, ostriches, a man killing a dog, and a bit about Izzy too, but it started as an anti-Islam thread (under the guise of "Interesting facts" ), and that's where it's at now.

Maybe with little or no input from me, there will be one less person to stir along the anti-Islam stuff and things might settle down, if just a bit. You never know though, there may be some actual Islamic supporters out there who could argue with you. A fatwa or two on people making anti-Islamic posts could liven this thread up...



What utter nonsense.....if you see this evidence of children taught to kill westerners we have po8nted out to you in their holy book that they are urged to kill westerners and you attempt to brush it off, if thatís not supporting them I donít know what is....either that or you are trolling or arguing for the sake of it....you can,put lipstick on a pig, but itís still a pig mate.

Yes you may know a couple of muslims and thatís good, but if the book they are reading encourages them to kill westerners and the ending of book is them killing westerners not real sure why you spend your time sarcastically trying to shoot down the truth


Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  18:39:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
35 pages and the same circle... That's probably why I've lost interest.

What some supposed Muslims interpret in the Quran and what others interpret are very different interpretations, just as the many and varied interpretations supposed Christians get from the Bible. I acknowledge that there are more extreme interpretations of the Quran which is why I don't support Islam. You haven't got that in all that we've said previously, so you won't get it now

Find someone else to share your brand of Christian love with, because it doesn't work with me.

Edited by - Zac on 03 Jul 2019 18:44:33
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager



New Zealand
1728 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  18:51:57  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Karter, as the Captain said, what we've got here is failure to communicate. Perhaps we are trying to understand each other and not succeeding, or perhaps we aren't really trying, but while we are trying (or not trying, as the case may be), others who try to not understand join in. You don't need to look too far from this post to see that. It's been entertaining, but after three months I've lost interest. Your fear of Islam taking over the world has had plenty of coverage over the past 35 pages, helped along by me and a few others who keep provoking you to find more links to support your fear. You've also had Trickyonne's anti-Islam posts supporting you (in a very kind and Christian loving way, of course). However, as we haven't progressed in 35 pages, it's unlikely that we'll progress in another 35. We have found some things in common through this thread though. Neither of us have much time for organised religion, for instance, but we do support freedom of religion - don't we?

You will still have a few people disagreeing with any anti-Islam posts. None of them actually support the religion of Islam though. Probably no more and no less than other religions. They do support those peaceful citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries who happen to be Islamic (or Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or anything else), but they don't support the extremists of ISIS or ISIL, or anyone who does support them. IMHO, most of us know the difference between those who peacefully live their lives following a particular religion from those criminals who live lives of hate in their mistaken beliefs and misinterpretation of that "religion". We've had a few sidelines on the way. This thread has had chats about rape, abortion, ostriches, a man killing a dog, and a bit about Izzy too, but it started as an anti-Islam thread (under the guise of "Interesting facts" ), and that's where it's at now.

Maybe with little or no input from me, there will be one less person to stir along the anti-Islam stuff and things might settle down, if just a bit. You never know though, there may be some actual Islamic supporters out there who could argue with you. A fatwa or two on people making anti-Islamic posts could liven this thread up...



What utter nonsense.....if you see this evidence of children taught to kill westerners we have po8nted out to you in their holy book that they are urged to kill westerners and you attempt to brush it off, if thatís not supporting them I donít know what is....either that or you are trolling or arguing for the sake of it....you can,put lipstick on a pig, but itís still a pig mate.

Yes you may know a couple of muslims and thatís good, but if the book they are reading encourages them to kill westerners and the ending of book is them killing westerners not real sure why you spend your time sarcastically trying to shoot down the truth





At the risk of anoth 35 pages:

Westerners? That's an odd term. I thought it was unbelievers.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/death-to-unbelievers-qurans-most-misread-words/

Apparently there's also some talk about idolaters in the Koran.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  18:58:23  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just so we are on the same page..are you a supporter of islam djrfan mate ?

Love how you need to bring in my faith zaccy....but yes as a Christian we are to seek truth and justice and things reported are blatantly false....so Iím sorry if your level of Christian understanding is that we should not speak up, but that view too is blatantly false

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 03 Jul 2019 19:05:30
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  19:07:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17525 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  19:24:34  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/religious-studies/?p=240

Interesting read

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack



Australia
9776 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  19:46:43  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting read:
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

What some supposed Muslims interpret in the Quran and what others interpret are very different interpretations, just as the many and varied interpretations supposed Christians get from the Bible.

quote:
[I]Originally posted by djr18fan[I]
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/death-to-unbelievers-qurans-most-misread-words/


More knowledge means less hate.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22221 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 03 Jul 2019 :  20:51:26  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Karter, as the Captain said, what we've got here is failure to communicate. Perhaps we are trying to understand each other and not succeeding, or perhaps we aren't really trying, but while we are trying (or not trying, as the case may be), others who try to not understand join in. You don't need to look too far from this post to see that. It's been entertaining, but after three months I've lost interest. Your fear of Islam taking over the world has had plenty of coverage over the past 35 pages, helped along by me and a few others who keep provoking you to find more links to support your fear. You've also had Trickyonne's anti-Islam posts supporting you (in a very kind and Christian loving way, of course). However, as we haven't progressed in 35 pages, it's unlikely that we'll progress in another 35. We have found some things in common through this thread though. Neither of us have much time for organised religion, for instance, but we do support freedom of religion - don't we?

You will still have a few people disagreeing with any anti-Islam posts. None of them actually support the religion of Islam though. Probably no more and no less than other religions. They do support those peaceful citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries who happen to be Islamic (or Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or anything else), but they don't support the extremists of ISIS or ISIL, or anyone who does support them. IMHO, most of us know the difference between those who peacefully live their lives following a particular religion from those criminals who live lives of hate in their mistaken beliefs and misinterpretation of that "religion". We've had a few sidelines on the way. This thread has had chats about rape, abortion, ostriches, a man killing a dog, and a bit about Izzy too, but it started as an anti-Islam thread (under the guise of "Interesting facts" ), and that's where it's at now.

Maybe with little or no input from me, there will be one less person to stir along the anti-Islam stuff and things might settle down, if just a bit. You never know though, there may be some actual Islamic supporters out there who could argue with you. A fatwa or two on people making anti-Islamic posts could liven this thread up...



What utter nonsense.....if you see this evidence of children taught to kill westerners we have po8nted out to you in their holy book that they are urged to kill westerners and you attempt to brush it off, if thatís not supporting them I donít know what is....either that or you are trolling or arguing for the sake of it....you can,put lipstick on a pig, but itís still a pig mate.

Yes you may know a couple of muslims and thatís good, but if the book they are reading encourages them to kill westerners and the ending of book is them killing westerners not real sure why you spend your time sarcastically trying to shoot down the truth





The truth...

The truth according to you and your outlook?
The truth according to someone else and their outlook?
The truth according to some religious book?
The truth according to some fictitious deity?
The truth according to Garp?
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager


11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  06:56:43  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Karter, as the Captain said, what we've got here is failure to communicate. Perhaps we are trying to understand each other and not succeeding, or perhaps we aren't really trying, but while we are trying (or not trying, as the case may be), others who try to not understand join in. You don't need to look too far from this post to see that. It's been entertaining, but after three months I've lost interest. Your fear of Islam taking over the world has had plenty of coverage over the past 35 pages, helped along by me and a few others who keep provoking you to find more links to support your fear. You've also had Trickyonne's anti-Islam posts supporting you (in a very kind and Christian loving way, of course). However, as we haven't progressed in 35 pages, it's unlikely that we'll progress in another 35. We have found some things in common through this thread though. Neither of us have much time for organised religion, for instance, but we do support freedom of religion - don't we?

You will still have a few people disagreeing with any anti-Islam posts. None of them actually support the religion of Islam though. Probably no more and no less than other religions. They do support those peaceful citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries who happen to be Islamic (or Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or anything else), but they don't support the extremists of ISIS or ISIL, or anyone who does support them. IMHO, most of us know the difference between those who peacefully live their lives following a particular religion from those criminals who live lives of hate in their mistaken beliefs and misinterpretation of that "religion". We've had a few sidelines on the way. This thread has had chats about rape, abortion, ostriches, a man killing a dog, and a bit about Izzy too, but it started as an anti-Islam thread (under the guise of "Interesting facts" ), and that's where it's at now.

Maybe with little or no input from me, there will be one less person to stir along the anti-Islam stuff and things might settle down, if just a bit. You never know though, there may be some actual Islamic supporters out there who could argue with you. A fatwa or two on people making anti-Islamic posts could liven this thread up...



What utter nonsense.....if you see this evidence of children taught to kill westerners we have po8nted out to you in their holy book that they are urged to kill westerners and you attempt to brush it off, if thatís not supporting them I donít know what is....either that or you are trolling or arguing for the sake of it....you can,put lipstick on a pig, but itís still a pig mate.

Yes you may know a couple of muslims and thatís good, but if the book they are reading encourages them to kill westerners and the ending of book is them killing westerners not real sure why you spend your time sarcastically trying to shoot down the truth





The truth...

The truth according to you and your outlook?
The truth according to someone else and their outlook?
The truth according to some religious book?
The truth according to some fictitious deity?
The truth according to Garp?



So a team goes undercover in some islamic schools in Britain, films children being taught they should kill apostates, homosexuals, adulterers etc.

When the footage is aired, the UK police accuse them of biased editing to misrepresent what was being taught.

The undercover team takes the police to court, the police apologize, pay £100,000 in damages, and issue a statement to the effect that there had in fact been no biased editing and the film genuinely represented what was being taught.

So what's your take on that? What truth do you see?

It's amazing to see the same people who get so worked up over Folau saying homosexuals, adulterers etc will burn in hell, seem to be quite accepting of school teachers telling kids they should go out and ACTUALLY KILL these same homosexuals, adulterers etc, plus others.

Edited by - karter on 04 Jul 2019 08:08:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40  Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 23.76 seconds.