V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Interesting facts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  08:51:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Karter, as the Captain said, what we've got here is failure to communicate. Perhaps we are trying to understand each other and not succeeding, or perhaps we aren't really trying, but while we are trying (or not trying, as the case may be), others who try to not understand join in. You don't need to look too far from this post to see that. It's been entertaining, but after three months I've lost interest. Your fear of Islam taking over the world has had plenty of coverage over the past 35 pages, helped along by me and a few others who keep provoking you to find more links to support your fear. You've also had Trickyonne's anti-Islam posts supporting you (in a very kind and Christian loving way, of course). However, as we haven't progressed in 35 pages, it's unlikely that we'll progress in another 35. We have found some things in common through this thread though. Neither of us have much time for organised religion, for instance, but we do support freedom of religion - don't we?

You will still have a few people disagreeing with any anti-Islam posts. None of them actually support the religion of Islam though. Probably no more and no less than other religions. They do support those peaceful citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries who happen to be Islamic (or Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or anything else), but they don't support the extremists of ISIS or ISIL, or anyone who does support them. IMHO, most of us know the difference between those who peacefully live their lives following a particular religion from those criminals who live lives of hate in their mistaken beliefs and misinterpretation of that "religion". We've had a few sidelines on the way. This thread has had chats about rape, abortion, ostriches, a man killing a dog, and a bit about Izzy too, but it started as an anti-Islam thread (under the guise of "Interesting facts" ), and that's where it's at now.

Maybe with little or no input from me, there will be one less person to stir along the anti-Islam stuff and things might settle down, if just a bit. You never know though, there may be some actual Islamic supporters out there who could argue with you. A fatwa or two on people making anti-Islamic posts could liven this thread up...

What utter nonsense.....if you see this evidence of children taught to kill westerners we have po8nted out to you in their holy book that they are urged to kill westerners and you attempt to brush it off, if thatís not supporting them I donít know what is....either that or you are trolling or arguing for the sake of it....you can,put lipstick on a pig, but itís still a pig mate.

Yes you may know a couple of muslims and thatís good, but if the book they are reading encourages them to kill westerners and the ending of book is them killing westerners not real sure why you spend your time sarcastically trying to shoot down the truth

The truth...

The truth according to you and your outlook?
The truth according to someone else and their outlook?
The truth according to some religious book?
The truth according to some fictitious deity?
The truth according to Garp?

So a team goes undercover in some islamic schools in Britain, films children being taught they should kill apostates, homosexuals, adulterers etc.

When the footage is aired, the UK police accuse them of biased editing to misrepresent what was being taught.

The undercover team takes the police to court, the police apologize, pay £100,000 in damages, and issue a statement to the effect that there had in fact been no biased editing and the film genuinely represented what was being taught.

So what's your take on that? What truth do you see?

It's amazing to see the same people who get so worked up over Folau saying homosexuals, adulterers etc will burn in hell, seem to be quite accepting of school teachers telling kids they should go out and ACTUALLY KILL these same homosexuals, adulterers etc, plus others.

spot on Karter mate.....evidence is crystal clear yet they seem to not want to acknowledge the truth....weird weird world

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  09:15:01  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you think judges in Australia are out of touch...

https://www.9news.com.au/world/usa-news-why-judge-didnt-want-teen-tried-for-rape-as-adult-new-jersey/b7c67a09-9f4f-479d-9067-2b799e96dfbe
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1728 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  17:01:10  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Climate change or natural attrition/cycle?

https://www.9news.com.au/world/climate-change-floating-antarctic-ice-goes-from-record-high-to-record-lows/7905e7c3-ff03-4067-8c6b-df884cc0d562

Humans have a strong desire to understand the reasons why things are. When there is no explanation, they will invent a reason to fill the void.

I have an explanation as to why floating Antarctic ice is behaving in an inexplicable manner. My explanation may seem ludicrous to some but you simply must have faith in it.
It is the truth because I say it is.
Some of the facts may offend some people. But that is too bad. I am entitled to express my opinion without any penalty because I say it is a religion. Religion overrides other laws.

I made up this explanation. You could say it came to me in a vision.

So what's happened is this:

There is a God.
This god made ice. This god is the one true god by the way. People must believe only in this god because other gods are false gods.
God lives in Antarctica. At the south pole. Because it's cool there. But quite Stark.

There is a devil. The devil is bad. The devil lives in hot places. Fire and brimstone stuff.
Good people live a more godly existence in cooler climates.
People that live in warm climates are terrible devil worshipers.
Hell on earth.

God and the Devil are enemies. They are opposites and they fight for control and the minds of people.
God toils away to make the planet cooler.
The Devils work is to make the planet warmer.

Lately, the Devil has been gaining an advantage. He's been gaining more territory. It could be that he's been warming the planet which is the cause of people having looser morals and embracing same sex relations, fornication, lying, drinking, stealing, idolating, not believing in the correct religion and sinning in general.
Or, it could be that the Devil is making people do all these things and it is their actions that are causing the warming. The jury is out on that but I'm sure that future spin-off denominations will come up with their own theories.

God has seen that the devils influence has grown, so he decided to do something about it.
He ran out of sons, so he has sent one of his mates to the edge of the antarctic continent to sort out this issue. To give his mate some authority he made him a king. It was winter in Antarctica when God decided this. In winter it's night for 24 hours a day (night?). So his mate is called the Night King.
God told the Night King to take some snow with him. The Night King chose Jon.

So the Night King, aided by Jon Snow, has been battling away at the edge of Antarctica for a few years keeping the sea ice frozen.
But God saw that his people were still playing up, even to the extent that some said that freedom of expression of religion could be curtailed. The planet continued to warm so God decided he needed to make a statement that would shock the people into action.

God decided to sacrifice his mate. This would cause the sea ice to disappear and people to realise that they needed to take notice of what was going on with the planet. To really surprise people, he arranged for a young girl to leap through the air and stab the Night King with a sword made of dragon glass.

Don't believe me? It's already been documented in a few books and a TV series. And more books will be written to back this up.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  18:07:44  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sign me up. Can we get tax free donations?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14224 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  18:34:22  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still some free thinkers out there...https://www.smh.com.au/national/cummings-is-free-to-offend-3aw-is-free-to-sack-him-and-we-re-free-to-cheer-20190704-p52413.html

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  19:02:51  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1728 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  19:52:56  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Absolutely. You'll quality for the Religious Order Rebate Tax.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  20:55:23  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds just like a politician's rort to me...
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  21:16:20  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Karter, as the Captain said, what we've got here is failure to communicate. Perhaps we are trying to understand each other and not succeeding, or perhaps we aren't really trying, but while we are trying (or not trying, as the case may be), others who try to not understand join in. You don't need to look too far from this post to see that. It's been entertaining, but after three months I've lost interest. Your fear of Islam taking over the world has had plenty of coverage over the past 35 pages, helped along by me and a few others who keep provoking you to find more links to support your fear. You've also had Trickyonne's anti-Islam posts supporting you (in a very kind and Christian loving way, of course). However, as we haven't progressed in 35 pages, it's unlikely that we'll progress in another 35. We have found some things in common through this thread though. Neither of us have much time for organised religion, for instance, but we do support freedom of religion - don't we?

You will still have a few people disagreeing with any anti-Islam posts. None of them actually support the religion of Islam though. Probably no more and no less than other religions. They do support those peaceful citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries who happen to be Islamic (or Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh or anything else), but they don't support the extremists of ISIS or ISIL, or anyone who does support them. IMHO, most of us know the difference between those who peacefully live their lives following a particular religion from those criminals who live lives of hate in their mistaken beliefs and misinterpretation of that "religion". We've had a few sidelines on the way. This thread has had chats about rape, abortion, ostriches, a man killing a dog, and a bit about Izzy too, but it started as an anti-Islam thread (under the guise of "Interesting facts" ), and that's where it's at now.

Maybe with little or no input from me, there will be one less person to stir along the anti-Islam stuff and things might settle down, if just a bit. You never know though, there may be some actual Islamic supporters out there who could argue with you. A fatwa or two on people making anti-Islamic posts could liven this thread up...

What utter nonsense.....if you see this evidence of children taught to kill westerners we have po8nted out to you in their holy book that they are urged to kill westerners and you attempt to brush it off, if thatís not supporting them I donít know what is....either that or you are trolling or arguing for the sake of it....you can,put lipstick on a pig, but itís still a pig mate.

Yes you may know a couple of muslims and thatís good, but if the book they are reading encourages them to kill westerners and the ending of book is them killing westerners not real sure why you spend your time sarcastically trying to shoot down the truth

The truth...

So a team goes undercover in some islamic schools in Britain, films children being taught they should kill apostates, homosexuals, adulterers etc.

When the footage is aired, the UK police accuse them of biased editing to misrepresent what was being taught.

The undercover team takes the police to court, the police apologize, pay £100,000 in damages, and issue a statement to the effect that there had in fact been no biased editing and the film genuinely represented what was being taught.

It's amazing to see the same people who get so worked up over Folau saying homosexuals, adulterers etc will burn in hell, seem to be quite accepting of school teachers telling kids they should go out and ACTUALLY KILL these same homosexuals, adulterers etc, plus others.

spot on Karter mate.....evidence is crystal clear yet they seem to not want to acknowledge the truth....weird weird world

It's equally amazing that the opposite applies. Getting so worked up about Islam, yet defend hate on social media.

Kinda ironic, the people that want to defeat any take over by Islamic law also push the barrow for religious freedom.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  21:23:08  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ignorance alby mate.......Iím assuming you are referring to izzy....what did he say that was hate ?

I have absolutely no problem with religious freedom (unlike yourself) as long as it doe not encourage violence which Islam has proven it does

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  21:37:33  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Know many people that suffer depression, work with anyone with it, lost anyone to it, Tricky? Nothing like feeling out of place, then be told by a sports star that you're even more worthless. And like what is in those videos is just as dangerous.

I'm religious, I believe is a higher power, I believe people use their belief to their own personal advantage. One belief is that they think they have more moral authority then others. Ignorance is justifying any form of hate.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17526 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  21:46:28  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

Know many people that suffer depression, work with anyone with it, lost anyone to it, Tricky? Nothing like feeling out of place, then be told by a sports star that you're even more worthless. And like what is in those videos is just as dangerous.

I'm religious, I believe is a higher power, I believe people use their belief to their own personal advantage. One belief is that they think they have more moral authority then others. Ignorance is justifying any form of hate.

Yes I have mate....trouble is thatís not what Izzy was saying

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12530 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 04 Jul 2019 :  21:50:05  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Yes I have mate....trouble is thatís not what Izzy was saying

You keep telling yourself that.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22226 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  06:37:16  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another good so called Christian...

https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/jenna-jean-shorts-body-shaming-church-internet-viral/4d353f89-6e51-42f0-9930-c1f592b52fe1
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  07:43:18  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The truth...

It's equally amazing that the opposite applies. Getting so worked up about Islam, yet defend hate on social media.

Kinda ironic, the people that want to defeat any take over by Islamic law also push the barrow for religious freedom.

So you don't see any difference between posting nasty things on social media and killing people?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.23 seconds.