V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Interesting facts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  16:54:46  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it's fairly clear that you're wrong - but we probably agree about opinions.
"Based on" - yeah, yeah, I know about "based on".
Pray the Lord's Prayer in parliament? Well, it's read in parliament, which is a nice tradition. It takes me back to the days when Sir Robert Menzies ran Australia.
I hadn't heard about the anti-terrorism police being busy in Melbourne today, but there you go. Was it about religion?

Interesting fact: More wars, more killings and more persecutions have been caused by religion than all other causes combined.

Edited by - Zac on 26 Apr 2019 17:16:13
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  17:14:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I think it's fairly clear that you're wrong - but we probably agree about opinions.
Pray the Lord's Prayer in parliament? Well, it's read, which is a nice tradition, I guess.
I hadn't heard about the anti-terrorism police being busy in Melbourne today, but there you go. Was it about religion?

Interesting fact: More wars, more killings and more persecutions have been caused by religion than all other causes combined.

well you could be right zaccy, and maybe oneday all your dreams could come true and you live in a country without religion. I think they are refered to as dictatorships

china
Japan
Czech republic
top 3 nations with the most athiests...

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  17:22:57  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

Pray the Lord's Prayer in parliament? Well, it's read, which is a nice tradition, I guess.

well you could be right zaccy, and maybe oneday all your dreams could come true and you live in a country without religion. I think they are refered to as dictatorships

china
Japan
Czech republic

Nations with the highest rates of religion:

Ethiopia
Malawi
Niger
Sri Lanka
Yemen
Somalia
Afghanistan
Egypt

Other nations with very low religious percentages

Sweden
Norway
Hong Kong
Netherlands

See it's quite easy to twist a story with cherry picked data.

Using atheism as a cause of a dictatorship is quite bizarre and there exists no link between the two.

Edited by - Jam3s on 26 Apr 2019 17:24:47
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  17:26:20  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

china
Japan
Czech republic

Ethiopia
Malawi
Niger
Sri Lanka
Yemen
Somalia
Afghanistan
Egypt

Sweden
Norway
Hong Kong
Netherlands

Using atheism as a cause of a dictatorship is quite bizarre and there exists no link between the two.

so if you have no religion, then what are your laws based on ?
who sets the parameters ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  17:31:02  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What are the laws based on, and who sets the parameters? The laws are based on humanity, and the human race sets the parameters - as we have done for centuries.

quote:

well you could be right zaccy, and maybe oneday all your dreams could come true and you live in a country without religion.

I've lost count of how many times I've said on here that I support freedom of religion. I only wish they would stop preaching love while hating each other.

Interesting fact (well, non-fact really): It is not known how many different denominations or sects there are within Christianity.

(The number runs into thousands. Amongst them, there are many who believe they are the only ones with the truth. They truly believe that their particular group/denomination/sect is the only one whose members are going to "Heaven" - and that's just within Christianity.)

Edited by - Zac on 26 Apr 2019 17:49:14
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  17:53:16  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zac

china
Japan
Czech republic

Ethiopia
Malawi
Niger
Sri Lanka
Yemen
Somalia
Afghanistan
Egypt

Sweden
Norway
Hong Kong
Netherlands

so if you have no religion, then what are your laws based on ?
who sets the parameters ?

So rape isn't a crime in Athiest society? Murder? What kinds of laws wouldn't be relevant in an athiest society?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  17:57:22  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
True zaccy...they are called denominations.....however very few believe that their denominations is the only right one, maybe 20 years ago they did but not now.

So humanity sets the parameters ? Good help us all the !....I do wonder we’re WE get our morals and parameters from tho...hmmm....interesting to note, the countries who are the most religious are Islamic mostly.....hmmm.....

Interesting, from Fraser Anning today, assaulting a member of parliament your a hero, assaulting a camera man your a thug....

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 26 Apr 2019 18:39:25
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  20:04:11  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Members of parliament who are representing people should be held in higher regard than some kid. Good to see he's incapable of self restraint, what a great representative he would be to the people....
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  20:14:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Members of parliament who are representing people should be held in higher regard than some kid. Good to see he's incapable of self restraint, what a great representative he would be to the people....

Sorry I don’t understand.....Anning didn’t belt the photographer at his,press conference...he was however assault at a previous press conference and the person who committed the offence was treated like a hero

I don wonder if somebody belted a certain green senator just because they disagreed with her views if they would be treated like a hero or a criminal

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  21:48:51  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So humanity sets the parameters ? Good help us all the !....I do wonder we’re WE get our morals and parameters from tho...hmmm....
Why not? There is no evidence that believing in God (any God) means that we do better things or make better laws. We don't need the Bible, or any other religious book or "higher authority" to have laws against murder, rape, stealing, etc. Almost all societies and races have such laws, and they have existed over thousands of years. Aboriginal Australians had such laws for 40-50-60,000 years. There are laws that abolished slavery, decreed racial equality, equality for women, anti-discrimination laws, freedom of religion - none of these came to be through following God - and we are the better for them.

quote:
True zaccy...they are called denominations...
Now there's a funny thing. That's what I called them.

Edited by - Zac on 26 Apr 2019 22:31:22
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  21:53:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So if our ancestors are 2 rocks.....were did our morals come from ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2769 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  22:04:18  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Holy **** I can't stop laughing.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  22:18:12  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Holy **** I can't stop laughing.

Jam3s the answer is the 3rd rock!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9778 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  22:20:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If our ancestors were two rocks??? I quite like hypotheticals, but I can't follow where that one is leading at all.

Where did our indigenous Australians and their 500+ tribes/clans/societies get their laws and morals from? (I mean, before well-meaning but misguided white people started enforcing supposedly Christian law on them, of course.)

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 26 Apr 2019 :  22:58:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

If our ancestors were two rocks??? I quite like hypotheticals, but I can't follow where that one is leading at all.

Where did our indigenous Australians and their 500+ tribes/clans/societies get their laws and morals from? (I mean, before well-meaning but misguided white people started enforcing supposedly Christian law on them, of course.)

simply...god....evolution can not explain morals, simply put
there is something in all of us, which knows right from wrong

where does that come from ?

evolution in itself can not be proved by science because it disproves the very laws of science...for something to be proven, it needs to be replicated...reminds me of a joke
god and an athiest scientist have a competition
god says " grow a tree"
scientist picks up a seed...god say " make your own seed "

at the very very least...morals alone, let alone other evidence would need to point to intelligent design

do a study on DNA and tell me that its origins are 2 rocks...its clear nonsence

james, missed your question...if society has no god...then the value of life is minimal <enter pro life/pro choice debate> because we wernt created but form by an amazing amount of luck. our life then has little or no point...what is the point of life ?..be good to each other ?...why ?...whats the point ?

Ford 2018 champions

Edited by - Trickyonne on 26 Apr 2019 23:05:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.86 seconds.