No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 General
 2019 Bathurst 6 Hour
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 19 Apr 2019 :  19:26:04  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's Easter and we all know what that means: 6 Hours of Production Car racing at the Mountain!

BMWs leading the way after practice. Looks like it could be close behind them with a HSV, an Evo, a Merc and one of the smaller Beemers putting in similar times today. The Sherrin M4 was fastest today but had a gearbox failure in P2. Not sure how that is going to affect their weekend.

The support categories were highlighted by a big fire for the Mosler. I would say it was worse than the fire last year. Our fearless moderator Sonic was right in the thick of the action too; I'll leave him to gives more details.

Other than that it was relatively quiet from what I saw...a bit of a big hit at the Chase in the Excels' qualifying session was the only other notable incident I can recall.

My photo highlights from the day: https://www.facebook.com/msphotographybykye/posts/726918654409617

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo

Edited by - Kytabu on 19 Apr 2019 19:29:05

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7397 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 19 Apr 2019 :  21:44:19  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't see the HSV hanging around throughout the race. It'll chew through brakes/tyres quicker than the lighter turbo cars.
Good to see Bowey in there.

Enjoy the weekend.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 19 Apr 2019 21:44:32
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 20 Apr 2019 :  19:26:18  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As expected the M3 on pole...by three seconds! Jordan Cox put his Evo on the front row with the Sherrins grabbing third after a troubled qualifying. The other M4 was fourth followed by the first of the 135is (pole in Class B by six seconds!). The ten was filled by a couple of Evos, the GT-F, Bowe's HSV and the M135i. 5.6 seconds covers the top ten but only one second covers 5th to 10th.

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10553 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  08:37:27  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Going to be a great race, can't wait!

On the supports, smaller than usual field for the Heritage Touring Cars?
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  19:33:17  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

Going to be a great race, can't wait!

On the supports, smaller than usual field for the Heritage Touring Cars?

Yep, no GT-Rs, only a couple of Sierras.

An easy win for the M3 in the end with the Sherrins having various dramas during the race, and having to start from the back of the grid. BMW makes it four out of four at the 6 Hour. Awesome to see the HSV up on the outright podium.

How's the story in Class C? The #8 Hyundai crashes on its second lap on Friday and misses the rest of the day. Gets excluded from qualifying and takes the lead in the class with six minutes to go.

The #2 Mazda crossed the line first in Class E but was penalised 5 laps, I'm assuming for a CPS infringement. This gives the win to the Suzuki. The Russell/Russell 135i easily won Class B and one of the 86s took Class D after the Integra went out just before halfway.

A new distance record as well, with 131 laps beating the 125 of 2016.

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Apr 2019 :  19:50:45  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The field looked very small for the final Group A/C race.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7397 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 23 Apr 2019 :  10:44:25  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is anyone privvy to a quick one sentance explaination of the production rules?
Bowey's GTS had 'steering and suspension' problems - the GTS uses an electronic setup for both of those, but then other runners were saying they were using Bilstein's... (not the production setup).

The VZ Clubby was running an OTR, which in my known hillclimb-land will put you up a class and out of the 'factory' class. I guess it's all a balancing act - is this added performance worth jumping up a class?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2796 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 23 Apr 2019 :  11:19:58  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Bowey's GTS had 'steering and suspension' problems - the GTS uses an electronic setup for both of those, but then other runners were saying they were using Bilstein's... (not the production setup).

The VZ Clubby was running an OTR, which in my known hillclimb-land will put you up a class and out of the 'factory' class. I guess it's all a balancing act - is this added performance worth jumping up a class?

Not one sentence but skimming over this might help:
https://www.cams.com.au/docs/default-source/manual/race/ra23-group-3e-2019---1.pdf

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7397 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 23 Apr 2019 :  11:32:02  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

quote:

Not one sentence but skimming over this might help:
https://www.cams.com.au/docs/default-source/manual/race/ra23-group-3e-2019---1.pdf

Thanks Ky. A quick skim would suggest most things are open, as long as you use the original part.
Ala same engine, but bore it out and bigger cam. Same diff, but can change hat and gears (apart from final drive)... so on so fourth.

Pretty open rules.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 23 Apr 2019 :  19:32:18  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

I
The support categories were highlighted by a big fire for the Mosler. I would say it was worse than the fire last year. Our fearless moderator Sonic was right in the thick of the action too; I'll leave him to gives more details.

Yup... as Kye noted I was in the thick of it again...

As the Mosler was coming down the hill on fire the driver opened the door for a quick exit and then rolled it into the wall so it wouldn't go the rest of the way down the hill when it was on fire... great presence of mind...

However for some reason he was a bit slow in exiting the car and seemed to be having trouble and I was closest to the stopped car so I bolted (as best this overweight fella can over the terrain up the top) and got there just as he had managed to be getting over the wall so I didn't have to get into the fire myself...

Just glad that he got out of the car in one piece and in good shape... there are a few pics out on the net and at this point I haven't put any of mine out there... not sure what/if any I will put up at this point...

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 23 Apr 2019 :  19:34:51  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

we lost a few through damage sadly

we did start with a pretty small grid by A/C norms...

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7397 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 23 Apr 2019 :  21:49:00  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by CP

The Torana's? Were they the genuine piece?

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17499 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 23 Apr 2019 :  21:56:34  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by CP

The Torana's? Were they the genuine piece?

yes [:'(]

both the originals

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11452 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Apr 2019 :  12:37:20  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was the Keam Mustang out through damage or reliability?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds.