V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Whincup not happy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

abhibeckert
Pit Crew



Australia
217 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

 offline

Posted - 03 May 2019 :  07:24:33  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

Erebus, BJR, MSR have all been giving RBHRT a touch up

BJR and Erebus have barely scraped into third and only at two rounds.

MSR has never finished better than 10th!

How can you call that better than T8 who made the podium at almost every race?

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

That article looks a lot like something taken out of context to me.



Absolutely, article doesn't even have a quote that supports the headline.

Itís because itís behind the paywall! Canít believe you blokes have spent all day talking about it and havenít worked that out. AA arenít going to give the milk away for free.


Yeah well Iíve never seen anything compelling behind AAís paywall so Iím not going to assume itís there this time, and certainly not going to pay.

AA has a track record of blowing things out of proportion to try and sell subscriptions. If they were less sensational I would gladly pay for it.

Edited by - abhibeckert on 03 May 2019 07:26:54
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14081 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 03 May 2019 :  07:26:34  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jamie looked pretty happy last night....suspect it is the billiard smooth and high grip surface which accounts for his speed though?

If you read the full article, Jamie comments he(RD) had a crack at Roland behind the scenes and he returned serve, " So it was a bit of a cheap shot at us, with a bit of humor attached as well, so that's what is going on there" AA Edn: 1760 p3

Redbull clips your wings!

Chaz-2014 Bathurst Champion! "Cough ya bastard, cough!!!


You've just seen...."the heartstoppin', pants-droppin', hard rockin', booty shakin', earth quakin', love makin', viagra takin', history makin', legendary E STREET BAND!!!

"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

ERM 31/3/2008.....Godspeed Big fella



Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6615 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 03 May 2019 :  21:35:16  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

Erebus, BJR, MSR have all been giving RBHRT a touch up

BJR and Erebus have barely scraped into third and only at two rounds.

MSR has never finished better than 10th!

How can you call that better than T8 who made the podium at almost every race?

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

That article looks a lot like something taken out of context to me.



Absolutely, article doesn't even have a quote that supports the headline.

Itís because itís behind the paywall! Canít believe you blokes have spent all day talking about it and havenít worked that out. AA arenít going to give the milk away for free.


Yeah well Iíve never seen anything compelling behind AAís paywall so Iím not going to assume itís there this time, and certainly not going to pay.

AA has a track record of blowing things out of proportion to try and sell subscriptions. If they were less sensational I would gladly pay for it.



Agreed. At least I have worked out that it's not worth paying for that crap when the topic will be posted here regardless.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan



Australia
9493 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 03 May 2019 :  21:57:27  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I imagine Jamie wouldnít be happy for real now after that ridiculous call (to let SVG through). The team seems to be doing everything right now to anger him and all after he put his hand in his wallet. Iím no Jamie fan but he seems to be getting the sharp end of the stick.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15976 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 03 May 2019 :  23:11:28  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon JWs response to the team was cool. Why should he let SVG past, he was never going to get to Chaz! JW is in the championship race too!

Colorado, the D-max that John West rejects!
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager


11669 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 04 May 2019 :  05:33:38  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert


How can you call that better than T8 who made the podium at almost every race?





So they've been on the podium almost every race and they're still whinging about parity??
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion


1011 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

 offline

Posted - 04 May 2019 :  12:01:09  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

I imagine Jamie wouldnít be happy for real now after that ridiculous call (to let SVG through). The team seems to be doing everything right now to anger him and all after he put his hand in his wallet. Iím no Jamie fan but he seems to be getting the sharp end of the stick.
That was a bizarre call as blind freddy to see that even if they swapped SVG would not have got Mossie in the remaining 3-4 laps and made the podium. Even with better tyres he couldn't get past JW without being let past.

With JW needing a bunch of points to get back in the game I'm betting he would be scratching his head why that call was made and wondering what is going on.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
2403 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 04 May 2019 :  12:05:04  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JD

quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

I imagine Jamie wouldnít be happy for real now after that ridiculous call (to let SVG through). The team seems to be doing everything right now to anger him and all after he put his hand in his wallet. Iím no Jamie fan but he seems to be getting the sharp end of the stick.
That was a bizarre call as blind freddy to see that even if they swapped SVG would not have got Mossie in the remaining 3-4 laps and made the podium. Even with better tyres he couldn't get past JW without being let past.

With JW needing a bunch of points to get back in the game I'm betting he would be scratching his head why that call was made and wondering what is going on.



Mustang has a huge head start in points and is highly unlikely that any Holden will catch Scott by Newcastle so the logical choice would be to only throw the highest placed Holden into the fight and not bother with Jdub who was back in 9th at the beginning of the weekend
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10528 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 04 May 2019 :  12:23:22  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think there is a chance that Giz may have got past Chaz, but it wasn't a certainty. More likely he'd have just caught him and probably not passed. I can understand Whincup's position on it, although they could have tried the old "you have a go. If you can't get past then give it back before the line"

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion


1011 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

 offline

Posted - 04 May 2019 :  12:23:30  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd like to be able to support your theory but there's around 3000 points still up for grabs and just a dnf at Bathurst will throw it wide open.


Edited by - JD on 04 May 2019 12:24:39
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15976 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  11:46:18  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And 888 know that NZ, the Bend, Sandown and Bathurst are going to be happy hunting grounds for their car, they will be untouchable at those high aero circuits, just like last year? They can afford to be patient knowing the Mustang aero has been handicapped to give them the confidence to play second fiddle on the goat tracks, they will dominate the 2nd half of the year?

Colorado, the D-max that John West rejects!
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion



Australia
1401 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  14:58:00  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

And 888 know that NZ, the Bend, Sandown and Bathurst are going to be happy hunting grounds for their car, they will be untouchable at those high aero circuits, just like last year? They can afford to be patient knowing the Mustang aero has been handicapped to give them the confidence to play second fiddle on the goat tracks, they will dominate the 2nd half of the year?



Do you proof read what you right ?? LOL
Mustangs are so fast everywhere, even clipped slightly....clearly a superior package. Even Lee and Will are in the top ten...Scott will completely clean up and even Fabs will finish second. The interest will be third between Chaz, Cam, Jamie and SVG.

It's a sports sedan type body with it's nose about 300mm off the ground running against traditional Supercars. Everyone let it happen so no nobbling should interfere. Basically 2 years of pain for everyone else I reckon until another corporation can built a similar sports sedan type vehicle.

I'm old school, I liked the supercars to look like the road-cars, but those days are now behind us with the introduction of the Penske car.

But you can't just ask Penske to put a proper high Mustang nose on it and re-homologate after everyone agreed to what they have. Not Penske's fault ...so how you find aero parity between two types of shells is beyond me.

I'm surprised they {telecast} never mention the fact the Mustang has such a hybrid low nose. Just seem to walk around it and avoid the obvious questions. Everyone else up and down that paddock does:-)

Enjoy the domination BigM...think it may run a while.
I think most knew this was coming with Penske onboard .

Twitter: @PeteHughes221

Edited by - powderpuff on 05 May 2019 15:00:42
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
15976 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  15:45:45  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are selling 888 short PP if you think the ZB is not going to be a rocket on high aero tracks!
I think on precedent, 888 will bounce back, they did this weekend.
Supercars should not be handicapping the Mustang because they stuffed up!
I feel for the Nissan guys, they have been lost in this crap again!

Colorado, the D-max that John West rejects!
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion



Australia
1401 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  16:36:16  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

You are selling 888 short PP if you think the ZB is not going to be a rocket on high aero tracks!
I think on precedent, 888 will bounce back, they did this weekend.
Supercars should not be handicapping the Mustang because they stuffed up!
I feel for the Nissan guys, they have been lost in this crap again!



I hope you're right for the series stakes BigEm
888 have coped a lot over the years for dominating...but we need them to hit back at least to hold the interest. They work hard and contrary to popular social media crap, they are a great bunch of people, almost an internal family. you have to go there and see it to believe it. Its easy to see why they have been successful.

Personally the Nissan looks like a brick compared to the ZB, and just ridiculous to the Mustang....the front is 3 times as big ! Again ,never mentioned on any coverage. Blind Freddie can see it !


Twitter: @PeteHughes221
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan



Australia
9493 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 05 May 2019 :  16:39:04  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by powderpuff

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

You are selling 888 short PP if you think the ZB is not going to be a rocket on high aero tracks!
I think on precedent, 888 will bounce back, they did this weekend.
Supercars should not be handicapping the Mustang because they stuffed up!
I feel for the Nissan guys, they have been lost in this crap again!



I hope you're right for the series stakes BigEm
888 have coped a lot over the years for dominating...but we need them to hit back at least to hold the interest. They work hard and contrary to popular social media crap, they are a great bunch of people, almost an internal family. you have to go there and see it to believe it. Its easy to see why they have been successful.

Personally the Nissan looks like a brick compared to the ZB, and just ridiculous to the Mustang....the front is 3 times as big ! Again ,never mentioned on any coverage. Blind Freddie can see it !



Who cares what they look like, theyíre all within a cigarette paper of each other with the exception of Scott who is the class of the field. Tell your friends to work harder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.39 seconds.