No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 RIP Niki Lauda
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16168 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  13:26:52  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, I have just read where Niki Lauda has died from complications associated with catching the flu after a lung transplant earlier this year.
I have always considered Niki to be one of those super heroes who fought back from massive injuries to stand on top of the world for a 3rd time in 1984.

My condolences to the family and friends of the 3 times World champion.

RIP Niki Lauda.

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?

Edited by - bigem on 21 May 2019 15:25:20

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  14:36:27  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
World champion in 1975, given last rites in 1976, WDC again in 1977 and again in 84. A major advocate for driver safety.

RIP.
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8870 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  17:11:09  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
very sad day for F1, RIP

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  17:51:54  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

World champion in 1975, given last rites in 1976, WDC again in 1977 and again in 84. A major advocate for driver safety.

RIP.

Pretty damn amazing....I have a piece of the concrete barrier he crashed into at one of the Adelaide GPs

Legend in every sense of the word

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1346 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  20:39:18  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

R.I.P.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  20:42:30  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When I read the news today I was genuinely shocked. While I knew of his issues in the past year I certainly wasn't expecting this. Agree with the rest of you guys, he was an absolute legend. To come back from that accident in 1976 as fast as he did is almost superhuman. Rest in peace Niki Lauda.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1346 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  21:00:57  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A little embellishment I am sure, but my favorite scene from the movie "Rush":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kl0UBS4ZaM

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1714 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 22 May 2019 :  18:41:38  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A true Champion in every sense of the word. Niki was underrated in my opinion and the character it took to come back after such a horrific accident speaks volumes for the man. Will be missed.

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.