No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 State of Origin 2019
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  07:46:38  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One more sleep!

QUEENSLANDER!

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  08:18:19  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I’m torn. I want Moses Mbye to have a big game, but Blues to win.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  09:46:35  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll cheer Mbye on for you from the stands!
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7137 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  10:17:30  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think this upcoming game has QLD written all over it.
Everyone seems to be forgetting it's being played at Suncorp.

My prediction will be QLD 1-0 after tomorrow night.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  13:37:36  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

If the weather up there is like it is down here, take a scarf and a beanie.

I'll cheer for Mbye too, but I hope a Wests Tigers protégé at fullback for the Blues has a slightly better game.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  14:17:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

If the weather up there is like it is down here, take a scarf and a beanie.

I'll cheer for Mbye too, but I hope a Wests Tigers protégé at fullback for the Blues has a slightly better game.

We've had quite a few nights/mornings below zero in the last 21/2 weeks but today is the worst day so far. It's blowing icebricks and the weather feels like 2 degrees at 2:00 pm!

I'm all geared up with plenty of warm clothes for tomorrow night. Just gotta get down there.

I'm hoping to be able to get into the sheds after full time and join in the celebrations!

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 04 Jun 2019 14:18:39
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11269 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  16:16:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

It should do considering the supposed mind coach they've hired.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  17:51:00  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm hoping to be able to get into the sheds after full time and join in the celebrations!
I hope you get in there too, to commiserate and help them drown their sorrows.

Sportsbet has Q'land at $1.85 and NSW at $1.95. Maybe the new players for NSW can do the job, but some more SoO experienced players would make me more optimistic. I don't care. I'll enjoy the game from the comfort of my heated loungeroom watching Rupert's Foxtel regardless.

Edited by - Zac on 04 Jun 2019 17:51:34
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22513 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  18:02:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There'll be no drowning of sorrows in the Qld shed.
Will your son be there?
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2814 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  19:34:26  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't really know any players these days but I'll still tune in for this match. Always fun at work the day after too..
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  20:37:58  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Will your son be there?

No. He's a bit over all the travelling since he got married. Being 'in camp' with the Blues and then covering all three games was great when he was single, but not now. He does Thurs and Fri night games in Sydney and a few Sunday games here as well (reluctantly). He does the nrlfantasy.com stuff which is a big money spinner for them, and a lot of production and editing these days.

Edited by - Zac on 14 Jun 2019 21:39:54
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7137 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  21:50:04  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:

Will your son be there?

No. He's a bit over all the travelling since he got married. Being 'in camp' with the Blues and then covering all three games was great when he was single, but not now. He does Thurs and Fri night games in Sydney and a few Sunday games here as well (reluctantly). He does the nrlfantasy.com stuff which is a big money spinner for them, and a lot of production and editing these days.

For anyone into that fantasy stuff, here's a heap of links to Son of Zac doing his thing: https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/fantasy/

I think I've got his measure this year in fantasy, ranked just outside the top 1,000.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 05 Jun 2019 :  05:07:32  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You must be following his tips.

Edited by - Zac on 05 Jun 2019 05:20:55
Go to Top of Page

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1015 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 06 Jun 2019 :  06:38:47  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well done Nostradamus

Was a good close game. The worst part about the game was Gus Gould's commentary I can't stand this bloke! Bring on game 2 in Perth, and another Queensland victory.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7137 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 06 Jun 2019 :  09:39:15  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

quote:

Well done Nostradamus

Was a good close game. The worst part about the game was Gus Gould's commentary I can't stand this bloke! Bring on game 2 in Perth, and another Queensland victory.

Nothing more than a fluke.
It was a good game, fast, clean, and barely recognised the refs - congratulations on that.

QLD dominated the second half and NSW thought they could just defend them out, and they did to a pretty good job barring that intercept.
Where was that ball movement they were doing in the final 10 for the other 70? One wide pass and Latrell runs 70m.
I also didn't understand the Walker/Wighton swap. Why choose a 5/8 that you'll just replace?

I think QLD played very well and NSW not as well (funny that). Some simple improvements and NSW should have the next game.

One thing is for sure though, Ponga and Tedesco will have their fullback positions for plenty of years yet. Both look equally dangerous with the ball and they poke their nose through the line every time.
Same goes Munster, Gagai and Cook.

Oh... and Zac, your Wests FB did well... for the 4mins he was on.

Edited by - skaifeman on 06 Jun 2019 09:40:32
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9982 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 06 Jun 2019 :  11:16:25  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Four minutes? I didn’t see him all night. Tedesco on the other hand, was everywhere.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds.