No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Nostalgia
 All Class
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11333 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  14:39:24  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was reading the current issue of V8X......or what is now known as Supercars Xtra and they had a feature on the 60th anniversary of the ATCC. While I do have Chevrons brilliant 50th anniversary book, I do have question.

Was the ATCC only awarded to the outright champion or were there class winners as well?

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 26 Jun 2019 :  21:54:56  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Only the outright champion

Except for 1986 and 1987 where they held a seperate 2-Litre ATCC, but they were mostly races on their own with the back of the grid filled with Group E cars
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1681 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 01 Jul 2019 :  12:00:40  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WHat, so none of the 3ltr cars got a trophy for their class?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10460 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Jul 2019 :  09:17:41  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

WHat, so none of the 3ltr cars got a trophy for their class?

I'm working off memory, but I don't think there was ever class championships awarded, there was trophies and credited class results for individual rounds awarded though. All that was probably up to the tracks themselves whether they gave a class trophy or not

The lower classes got sa eperate set of points at each event though and could win the ATCC overall until 1988.

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 02 Jul 2019 09:21:51
Go to Top of Page

Henry
Jaded Old Coot

Australia
3368 Posts
joined 12 Feb 04

Posted - 15 Aug 2019 :  18:33:20  Show Profile  Visit Henry's Homepage Send Henry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There wasn't mention of class championships, but there were bonus points on offer for class cars - hence Christine Gibson was in with a real shot at the 1975 title until she withdrew from the championship through the year... and George Fury nearly rolled Moffat for the 1983 title, thanks to the extra points for the class car...

Dad once said "son, arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you're a grand master, playing at your best, the pigeon is just going to **** on the board and then walk around like it won".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds.