No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 Silly 2020
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7136 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  12:21:12  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reports coming out that if Vettel is to retire at the end of the season, our Dan Ricciardo could be donning the prancing horse.
Lets hope so!

Hulkenberg also being spoken about at Red Bull for Gasly.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  13:37:28  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmm, you'd think Gasly's performance would need to lift considerably if he's going to remain in F1 next year.

There's also talk of Bottas possibly replacing Vettel if he retires. If Bottas did move might we see Occon in a Merc?

I doubt if Vettel will retire though, but if LeClerc should start to consistently outperform him he might start thinking that way.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4352 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  14:09:56  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Hmm, you'd think Gasly's performance would need to lift considerably if he's going to remain in F1 next year.

There's also talk of Bottas possibly replacing Vettel if he retires. If Bottas did move might we see Occon in a Merc?

I doubt if Vettel will retire though, but if LeClerc should start to consistently outperform him he might start thinking that way.

There is also a media suggestion that Vettel might replace Gasly at Red Bull.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7136 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2019 :  14:19:51  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

I can certainly see Vettel becoming 'tired' after his recent run in with the FIA... and continually getting bettered by Lewis-Merc.
The final straw would be if he starts getting ouced by Le Clerc.

I would love to see Lewis challenge himself in a new environment, but being so close to a fair chunk of the records, I don't see him moving.

Report for the OP:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/formula-one/bombshell-report-claims-daniel-ricciardo-on-ferrari-wish-list/news-story/243d2d2db085db25daa92b6b8fee615c

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10668 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Jul 2019 :  23:08:15  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Love to see it happen, but would be very surprised.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7136 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  19:55:41  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The rumour suggets that Max may be on the move thanks to a Red Bull 'performance' benchmark.
Is Max undoing his move to Merc by nailing all these results?

Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2814 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  20:53:26  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would be extremely surprised if Red Bull were not achieving their benchmark given their performances so far. There's no way they would have expected to outperform Mercedes. He will be with RBR next season.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7136 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  00:28:40  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Charles signs on with Ferrari until 2024.
Not a bad contract - at the end of the day in F1, they don't mean a lot.

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4352 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  00:47:58  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jam3s

I would be extremely surprised if Red Bull were not achieving their benchmark given their performances so far. There's no way they would have expected to outperform Mercedes. He will be with RBR next season.

The big question is:

Will 2020 be Red Bull's last year as a two team effort or will they scale back to one or just quit, or maybe sell.?

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6796 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  10:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

With this locked, it will now be very telling in how long they wait to announce what Vettel will do.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10668 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Dec 2019 :  23:10:35  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

With this locked, it will now be very telling in how long they wait to announce what Vettel will do.

Has to be the end of his career surely. Unless Mercedes come calling, why would someone as competitive as Seb stay in the sport? He wouldn't want to be a number 2 driver, which I think is a big part of why he left Red Bull when Ricciardo came along. And he wouldn't want to go to a smaller team like Alfa, as Kimi did I would think.

With this contract extension for Leclerc. it sounds like Ferrari have made up their mind on who their future is, and it's not Seb.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6428 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 29 Dec 2019 :  17:33:09  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I mean, of course Leclerc is their future. He's 10 years younger than Vettel. Sebastian isn't exactly old especially compared to what someone like Hamilton is doing, but he's got around 10 years less left in him than Leclerc.

Ferrari would have been stupid (like their strategies) if they had decided Vettel was the one. Even if he keeps going until he was 40, thats only 8 years. If Leclerc goes until he's 40 with Ferrari that's another 18 years.

It just makes sense to back Leclerc more.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds.