V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Paperclip weekend (spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MP
Transporter Driver




48 Posts
joined 11 Nov 17

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  15:39:19  Show Profile Send MP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adzy_B

Can’t help but wonder “what if” frosty was still in the 5



I'm sure Frosty asks himself the same question from time to time...
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  16:25:33  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

No.. His saying, they are "going slow" but will come good at Bathurst because will stop driving slow.. The fact the are going so well now, proves they are trying 100% & not leaving anything on the table!


Both Chaz & Fabs are saying they are struggling but are doing well.. Are they lieing too?



Only T8 are full of ****, their qualifying performance after practise proved me correct!

And I am saying they are talking slow but going fast so as not to get the parity committee involved! After all, intelligence is very obviously lacking in that area of Supercars And the Muppets appear to believe T8, not the time sheets when it comes to parity!

And how do you explain Chaz saying on the grid today "we are struggling", yet setting the safest lap & on the podium!!

Anyway, well done Will & chaz..



And how do you explain Whincup saying on Friday "...we are in struggle street.", yet wins race 19?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  16:28:30  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good job Scotty and Ford !

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  17:11:57  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scott McLaughlin's tally after 20 races in 2019: 14 wins, 13 pole positions, 10 fastest laps and a 433-point championship lead.

https://www.facebook.com/SupercarXtra/
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager



Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  17:31:57  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

No.. His saying, they are "going slow" but will come good at Bathurst because will stop driving slow.. The fact the are going so well now, proves they are trying 100% & not leaving anything on the table!


Both Chaz & Fabs are saying they are struggling but are doing well.. Are they lieing too?



Only T8 are full of ****, their qualifying performance after practise proved me correct!

And I am saying they are talking slow but going fast so as not to get the parity committee involved! After all, intelligence is very obviously lacking in that area of Supercars And the Muppets appear to believe T8, not the time sheets when it comes to parity!

And how do you explain Chaz saying on the grid today "we are struggling", yet setting the safest lap & on the podium!!

Anyway, well done Will & chaz..



And how do you explain Whincup saying on Friday "...we are in struggle street.", yet wins race 19?

Follow the god dam conversations before commenting!!


Good Race, we’ll done Scott & Giz


quote:
Originally posted by MP

quote:
Originally posted by adzy_B

Can’t help but wonder “what if” frosty was still in the 5



I'm sure Frosty asks himself the same question from time to time...

I still think Frosty is in the better place long term.. There has got to be a reason he & now (likely) Chaz are jumping!

Edited by - joe5619 on 28 Jul 2019 17:36:22
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  17:33:31  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Scott McLaughlin's tally after 20 races in 2019: 14 wins, 13 pole positions, 10 fastest laps and a 433-point championship lead.

https://www.facebook.com/SupercarXtra/

only 2 race wins to go! Pumped for that record!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

DRB05
Team Manager



Australia
3674 Posts
joined 04 Apr 08

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  18:05:16  Show Profile Send DRB05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scotty fined $3k for his main straight skid and $10,000 for taking the mustang poster onto the podium..what a joke this series is
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  18:11:49  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

No.. His saying, they are "going slow" but will come good at Bathurst because will stop driving slow.. The fact the are going so well now, proves they are trying 100% & not leaving anything on the table!


Both Chaz & Fabs are saying they are struggling but are doing well.. Are they lieing too?



Only T8 are full of ****, their qualifying performance after practise proved me correct!

And I am saying they are talking slow but going fast so as not to get the parity committee involved! After all, intelligence is very obviously lacking in that area of Supercars And the Muppets appear to believe T8, not the time sheets when it comes to parity!

And how do you explain Chaz saying on the grid today "we are struggling", yet setting the safest lap & on the podium!!

Anyway, well done Will & chaz..



And how do you explain Whincup saying on Friday "...we are in struggle street.", yet wins race 19?

Follow the god dam conversations before commenting!!




I did, you just don't like it.

BTW it's "damn" not "dam" unless god is holding back water in this thread.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  18:18:17  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DRB05

Scotty fined $3k for his main straight skid and $10,000 for taking the mustang poster onto the podium..what a joke this series is


Crazy to think the burnout fine would be for 'safety,' yet a third of the price of a 'commercial' rule.
A joke on both parts.

Ford should be more than happy to cover it. It's currently the top story on every motorsport site/page.


"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 28 Jul 2019 18:28:07
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10586 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  18:43:16  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So how does that work? You can't take a bloody poster up on the podium? I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen on multiple occasions those posters being brought up onto the podium by winners at Bathurst. What's the difference? And didn't Reynolds take a beer or something with him onto the podium once last year when he won? Series is a joke. Fine for the burnout, ok but this poster one, well...

https://youtu.be/HV_O3BA5e28?t=9

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager



Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  19:03:20  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

No.. His saying, they are "going slow" but will come good at Bathurst because will stop driving slow.. The fact the are going so well now, proves they are trying 100% & not leaving anything on the table!


Both Chaz & Fabs are saying they are struggling but are doing well.. Are they lieing too?



Only T8 are full of ****, their qualifying performance after practise proved me correct!

And I am saying they are talking slow but going fast so as not to get the parity committee involved! After all, intelligence is very obviously lacking in that area of Supercars And the Muppets appear to believe T8, not the time sheets when it comes to parity!

And how do you explain Chaz saying on the grid today "we are struggling", yet setting the safest lap & on the podium!!

Anyway, well done Will & chaz..



And how do you explain Whincup saying on Friday "...we are in struggle street.", yet wins race 19?

Follow the god dam conversations before commenting!!




I did, you just don't like it.

BTW it's "damn" not "dam" unless god is holding back water in this thread.

No, you have not!! Jamie & Chaz have said the same things & then performed well.. l don’t have a problem with either of them or their comments.. yet someone does have a problem with ONLY Jamies comment.. It’s double standard & further proves the point (which started all this) of ”biased comments”!! But you know all this because you apparently followed the conversation!!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  19:47:08  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
haven't seen any of the racing and the lack of talk of it here makes me suspect I missed nothing...

but I did just read about the 2 penalties to Scott.. burnout penalty... if that was on the front straight as I heard with people on the grid then fair enough...

10k for the poster though? give me a break... reckon there will be a stack of folk lined up to help cover that one...

what a joke Supercars... just a disgrace. :(

also heard there were penalties for fpr and 888 over the fuel rigs not in the right place? anyone else know more on that one?

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  20:13:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ford will gladly pay that fine.
Very cheap advertising.
Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion



New Zealand
1132 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  20:19:30  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

So how does that work? You can't take a bloody poster up on the podium? I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen on multiple occasions those posters being brought up onto the podium by winners at Bathurst. What's the difference? And didn't Reynolds take a beer or something with him onto the podium once last year when he won? Series is a joke. Fine for the burnout, ok but this poster one, well...

https://youtu.be/HV_O3BA5e28?t=9


The Bathurst posters are pretty much an institution so I imagine the permission for them is explicitly written down somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14226 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  22:00:03  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

haven't seen any of the racing and the lack of talk of it here makes me suspect I missed nothing...

but I did just read about the 2 penalties to Scott.. burnout penalty... if that was on the front straight as I heard with people on the grid then fair enough...

10k for the poster though? give me a break... reckon there will be a stack of folk lined up to help cover that one...

what a joke Supercars... just a disgrace. :(

also heard there were penalties for fpr and 888 over the fuel rigs not in the right place? anyone else know more on that one?

probably the closest and most exciting race of the year! Scotty held on, but only just...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 20.17 seconds.