V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Paperclip weekend (spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  22:35:44  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:

No.. His saying, they are "going slow" but will come good at Bathurst because will stop driving slow.. The fact the are going so well now, proves they are trying 100% & not leaving anything on the table!

Both Chaz & Fabs are saying they are struggling but are doing well.. Are they lieing too?

Only T8 are full of ****, their qualifying performance after practise proved me correct!

And I am saying they are talking slow but going fast so as not to get the parity committee involved! After all, intelligence is very obviously lacking in that area of Supercars And the Muppets appear to believe T8, not the time sheets when it comes to parity!

And how do you explain Chaz saying on the grid today "we are struggling", yet setting the safest lap & on the podium!!

Anyway, well done Will & chaz..

And how do you explain Whincup saying on Friday "...we are in struggle street.", yet wins race 19?

Follow the god dam conversations before commenting!!

I did, you just don't like it.

BTW it's "damn" not "dam" unless god is holding back water in this thread.

No, you have not!! Jamie & Chaz have said the same things & then performed well.. l don’t have a problem with either of them or their comments.. yet someone does have a problem with ONLY Jamies comment.. It’s double standard & further proves the point (which started all this) of ”biased comments”!! But you know all this because you apparently followed the conversation!!

You're on a forum that is based on Holden Vs Ford racing and your pointing out bias and double standards. Want a medal?

I can say Frosty has gone backwards since leaving Tickford, with no sign of improvement. Me being a Ford fan that comes across as biased. Doesn't mean it's not true.

888 have done a fair bit of crying wolf this year. More than the others you point out, bigem was just making the observation.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4041 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  23:10:25  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DRB05

Scotty fined $3k for his main straight skid and $10,000 for taking the mustang poster onto the podium..what a joke this series is

I don't know about designated boundary rules, BUT Scotty was doing smokies while other cars were on the track.

That is dangerous.

An exclusion from the race would have been appropriate, as a repeat offender.

But, apparently safety of other drivers is not a big deal with Supercars and maybe CAMS have allowed rule changes.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  23:18:10  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:

Scotty fined $3k for his main straight skid and $10,000 for taking the mustang poster onto the podium..what a joke this series is

I don't know about designated boundary rules, BUT Scotty was doing smokies while other cars were on the track.

That is dangerous.

But, apparently safety of other drivers is not a big deal with Supercars and maybe CAMS have allowed rule changes.

Don't lose sleep OT, Supercars still have plenty of rounds to penalise Scott out of the #1 plate!

Today's race was a beauty I thought, one of the best of the year.Hat off to SVG for pushing Scott all the way to the end.
Big wrap on Anton D, stoked he didn't get penalised for Fabians mistake!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9572 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 28 Jul 2019 :  23:24:50  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Ford will gladly pay that fine.
Very cheap advertising.

Ford have come out and said they were behind both the instruction to do a burnout and also the posters on the podium.
Go to Top of Page

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
193 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  05:42:24  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:

That is dangerous.

you need to find out how this sworks. they are guided by racec control on there headset
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1199 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  06:58:30  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:

Very cheap advertising.

Ford have come out and said they were behind both the instruction to do a burnout and also the posters on the podium.

Probably the best $10k in advertising they ever spent its allover FB and talked about on forums, must be a new rule? plenty of signs appeared on Bathurst podiums.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14227 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  07:59:16  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ryan is paying the fine: "Most expensive poster I have ever bought"...haha!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1199 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  08:04:29  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Ryan is paying the fine: "Most expensive poster I have ever bought"...haha!

might think he may get a 10k end of year bonus????
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
263 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  11:53:31  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

haven't seen any of the racing and the lack of talk of it here makes me suspect I missed nothing...

Race 1 was excellent – watch it if you can. Massive tyre degradation and a bunch of strategy gambles by lead drivers and nobody knew if they'd work or not.

Race 2 was a snoozefest. Everybody knew the best strategy as usually for the second race. The only exciting moments were:

- Chaz gambled and pitted late - that error should have cost him a podium finish.
- Whincup made a setup error and Parc Ferme rules didn't let them fix it, allowing Chaz to that podium result.
- Commentators stopped fans from turning it off 20 laps before the finish by hyping up SVG's chances of overtaking Scott on the last few laps. But in truth he was pushing hard risking a DNF while Scotty drove conservatively to cover Chaz who had better tyre quality and was the only real threat (if there was a late race safety car, which there wasn't). Once SVG caught up, Scott started matching his pace. Boring.

Maybe the most interesting point of the weekend was Erebus had no speed at all. Not sure why? It was really hammered home when the pit crew released Reynolds half a second too early, forcing him to do an extra pit stop to meet the minimum fuel drop requirement.

quote:

Very cheap advertising.

That's what the fine was about right?

Sponsors pay far more than that fine to be included on the podium - photos of the winner are posted in the news all over the place and there's often only one sponsor (Ipswich had three but that's pretty unusual).

Edited by - abhibeckert on 29 Jul 2019 11:58:49
Go to Top of Page

MP
Transporter Driver

48 Posts
joined 11 Nov 17

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  12:48:57  Show Profile Send MP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

Sponsors pay far more than that fine to be included on the podium - photos of the winner are posted in the news all over the place and there's often only one sponsor (Ipswich had three but that's pretty unusual).

That may be the case but in context it doesn't make much sense. We had just watched Mustangs drive around for 90 minutes and 2 of the drivers on the podium have big blue-ovals on their racesuits. The poster wasn't showing us anything we we weren't already seeing.
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4452 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:28:55  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.. His saying, they are "going slow" but will come good at Bathurst because will stop driving slow.. The fact the are going so well now, proves they are trying 100% & not leaving anything on the table!

Both Chaz & Fabs are saying they are struggling but are doing well.. Are they lieing too?

Only T8 are full of ****, their qualifying performance after practise proved me correct!

And I am saying they are talking slow but going fast so as not to get the parity committee involved! After all, intelligence is very obviously lacking in that area of Supercars And the Muppets appear to believe T8, not the time sheets when it comes to parity!

And how do you explain Chaz saying on the grid today "we are struggling", yet setting the safest lap & on the podium!!

And how do you explain Whincup saying on Friday "...we are in struggle street.", yet wins race 19?

No, you have not!! Jamie & Chaz have said the same things & then performed well.. l don’t have a problem with either of them or their comments.. yet someone does have a problem with ONLY Jamies comment.. It’s double standard & further proves the point (which started all this) of ”biased comments”!! But you know all this because you apparently followed the conversation!!

You're on a forum that is based on Holden Vs Ford racing and your pointing out bias and double standards. Want a medal?

I can say Frosty has gone backwards since leaving Tickford, with no sign of improvement. Me being a Ford fan that comes across as biased. Doesn't mean it's not true.

888 have done a fair bit of crying wolf this year. More than the others you point out, bigem was just making the observation.

WRONG...

1) Your comment about Frosty would be perfectly fine. It's a comment that is constant & is how you feel. I can have a different view & that is fine. We are being constant.
3) Bigem, was not making conservation, he was accusing T8 of "going slow" based on the same actions as Chaz & only apply this theory to T8 & not Chaz! Either both T8 & Chaz are full of **** or they both where just making a comment on how they felt.
2) I have a big problem (in general life as well) with people not being consistent with what they are saying. I don't care who you follow & what you say, just apply the same logic across the board or you just look stupid!! But anyway, I can see some just don't get my point, so I'll stop!!

quote:

quote:

haven't seen any of the racing and the lack of talk of it here makes me suspect I missed nothing...

Race 1 was excellent – watch it if you can. Massive tyre degradation and a bunch of strategy gambles by lead drivers and nobody knew if they'd work or not.

Race 2 was a snoozefest. Everybody knew the best strategy as usually for the second race. The only exciting moments were:

Really? I thought race 2 was way better than race 1. One of the better races of the year IMO

Edited by - joe5619 on 29 Jul 2019 14:32:29
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  14:53:42  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WRONG...

1) Your comment about Frosty would be perfectly fine. It's a comment that is constant & is how you feel. I can have a different view & that is fine. We are being constant.
3) Bigem, was not making conservation, he was accusing T8 of "going slow" based on the same actions as Chaz & only apply this theory to T8 & not Chaz! Either both T8 & Chaz are full of **** or they both where just making a comment on how they felt.
2) I have a big problem (in general life as well) with people not being consistent with what they are saying. I don't care who you follow & what you say, just apply the same logic across the board or you just look stupid!! But anyway, I can see some just don't get my point, so I'll stop!!

quote:

quote:

Really? I thought race 2 was way better than race 1. One of the better races of the year IMO

Yawn, surely this has been done to death. Aren't individuals allowed opinions that are contrary to your own!
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1199 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  15:09:54  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe of topic? but since it was at the event maybe not???

Am told NO Australian Anthem was played at the event???? is this correct Betty seems to think so and is a little upset?

I hope this was just an error?
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6911 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  16:38:21  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MP

quote:

That may be the case but in context it doesn't make much sense. We had just watched Mustangs drive around for 90 minutes and 2 of the drivers on the podium have big blue-ovals on their racesuits. The poster wasn't showing us anything we we weren't already seeing.

And you'd think the money Ford/Penske spent on the Mustang to stay in the sport, they'd be allowed a poster...

As I said earlier, if that's $10,000, it makes a mockery of the $3,000 fine based on safety.

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  17:53:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WRONG...

Let me get you a violin. You don't get to call out bias because you simply don't agree.

bigem has been consistent as long as I know him on this forum. And 888 have been consistently playing down their performances this year. That's not bias, that's an observation.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7.06 seconds.