V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Paperclip weekend (spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
193 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  06:53:26  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

And 888 have been consistently playing down their performances this year. That's not bias, that's an observation.

and truthful
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9779 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  07:48:03  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
888 have been consistently playing down their performances this year because their performances have been down. That's not bias, that's an observation.

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  08:37:52  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fordman

Maybe of topic? but since it was at the event maybe not???

Am told NO Australian Anthem was played at the event???? is this correct Betty seems to think so and is a little upset?

I hope this was just an error?

Betty noticed it too, and apparently Virgin aren't too happy about it.

quote:
Betty at erebus motorsport
22 hours ago
GOOD MORNING CREATION

Well, my quick to get pissed off gene struck again, when I realised that the anthem was not going to be played , (oh god I can't believe I did this) I went to the pit wall, and shouted at the top of my voice
ARSEHOLES , SUPERCARS ARE ARSEHOLES, Murph was walking right infront of me and he thought I meant him, so I shake my head and scream , no , supercars are arseholes.

Please accept my deepest apologies Murph, I love you, and everything you do for this sport.

Well the reason I was so angry was that a certain CEO, who will not be named came, into our pits, on the Saturday, with the head of Virgin airlines , (who are now my favourite domestic airline)and kept nodding his head and smiling when the Head of Virgin airlines and myself , agreed that the anthem should be played. on every Sunday.
So imagine my **** metre going bananas , when it wasn't .

Really does this have to become a mission and a half , even I am sick of having to talk about it , come on Supercars just play it.
on to other news, not our best weekend , we had problems , with equipment, and everything else you can think of, it was just one of those rounds, but in true Erebus fashion we will get on with it and rise to the occasion, at the next round.
Oh I did learn that the CEO who shall not be named, does not do social media, so I hope his staff does otherwise all of us may have to start writing letters, or emails !
ha ha ha ha

stay safe and remember there are idiots out there.
Betty x

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/07/29/erebus-boss-outraged-by-national-anthem-snub/

Betty's comment "SUPERCARS ARE ARSEHOLES" is rather similar to remarks expressed by some on this Forum, particularly one-eyed Fordies.

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  14:47:35  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:

Am told NO Australian Anthem was played at the event???? is this correct Betty seems to think so and is a little upset?

quote:
22 hours ago
GOOD MORNING CREATION

Well, my quick to get pissed off gene struck again, when I realised that the anthem was not going to be played , (oh god I can't believe I did this) I went to the pit wall, and shouted at the top of my voice
ARSEHOLES , SUPERCARS ARE ARSEHOLES, Murph was walking right infront of me and he thought I meant him, so I shake my head and scream , no , supercars are arseholes.

Please accept my deepest apologies Murph, I love you, and everything you do for this sport.

Well the reason I was so angry was that a certain CEO, who will not be named came, into our pits, on the Saturday, with the head of Virgin airlines , (who are now my favourite domestic airline)and kept nodding his head and smiling when the Head of Virgin airlines and myself , agreed that the anthem should be played. on every Sunday.

Really does this have to become a mission and a half , even I am sick of having to talk about it , come on Supercars just play it.
on to other news, not our best weekend , we had problems , with equipment, and everything else you can think of, it was just one of those rounds, but in true Erebus fashion we will get on with it and rise to the occasion, at the next round.
Oh I did learn that the CEO who shall not be named, does not do social media, so I hope his staff does otherwise all of us may have to start writing letters, or emails !
ha ha ha ha

Betty x

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/07/29/erebus-boss-outraged-by-national-anthem-snub/

Betty's comment "SUPERCARS ARE ARSEHOLES" is rather similar to remarks expressed by some on this Forum, particularly one-eyed Fordies.

waiting for Supercars to fine Betty for bringing their product into disrepute :P

would love for them to try that on for size!

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  15:09:44  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
22 hours ago
GOOD MORNING CREATION

ha ha ha ha

Betty x

Waiting for Betty to get a coloured marker.

Maybe she doesn't coz she told the truth, if so why aren't we all treated equally

Ian???
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  19:45:56  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

Maybe she doesn't coz she told the truth, if so why aren't we all treated equally

Ian???

that is why we had to refuse Jim Richards his membership application :D

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  07:35:00  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:

Ian???

that is why we had to refuse Jim Richards his membership application :D

That's fine, I'm a gentleman clone anyway
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  09:03:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's some charities who are going to be able to thank Supercars and their fining of Scotty.

https://www.authenticcollectables.com.au/products/mustang-wins-title-poster
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  11:03:35  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

There's some charities who are going to be able to thank Supercars and their fining of Scotty.

Well done Penske.
Makes Supercars look even more stupid.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4035 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  11:17:52  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:

Well done Penske.

You can't divorce teams from any alleged Supercars stupidity.

The Teams are shareholders and the Ford Teams are represented at Board level as well as a lesser representation of the non-Ford teams

Effectively, what you are suggesting is that DJR/Penske makes DJR/Penske look stupid as well as others.
Go to Top of Page

hml2777
Pit Crew

Cuba
193 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  12:25:17  Show Profile Send hml2777 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just ordered one
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  13:58:10  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:

Well done Penske.

You can't divorce teams from any alleged Supercars stupidity.

The Teams are shareholders and the Ford Teams are represented at Board level as well as a lesser representation of the non-Ford teams

Effectively, what you are suggesting is that DJR/Penske makes DJR/Penske look stupid as well as others.

I see what you're saying. But there's definite separation at some point.
Weird how lots of changes get accepted by the whole board (mechanical or otherwise), but we love to suggest it's advantageous to certain teams... (or in most cases, one single team.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22229 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  15:44:55  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As of lunchtime today they have raised over $12000 for Camp Quality.
I wonder if Supercars will match it.
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2966 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  15:53:33  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Maybe they could donate Scott's fine!

Yeah right!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  16:12:03  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Maybe they could donate Scott's fine!

Yeah right!

a little comedy in our day

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.47 seconds.