V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2019 V8CFL - QR Race 2 Stewards Summary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  07:35:23  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen, I hate when something like this happens, but I have to make a decision here.

This is part of the Stewards Summary for Race 2 at QR:

Following a post-race DRD investigation and an admission of a breach of Rule D25.6.1.4 (RefuellingTower) and of the Authorised Representative briefing instructions, by each of the following Teams, the Stewards imposed the penalty of the Loss of 50 Teams Championship Points and a fine of $10,000, $5000 of which is suspended until 31 December 2019:

•Red Bull Holden Racing Team
•Tickford Racing 1
•Tickford Racing 2

https://www.camsjac.com/images/VSC/IP1904.pdf

This means the two Red Bull Holdens (Cars 88 and 97) and the four Tickford cars (Cars 5, 6, 23, and 55) all received team penalties. 50 points per team. A team here consists of two cars.

So, the V8CFL recognizes team penalties. After this year, this will change, but I cannot change it mid-year for 2019. So what this results in is a 25 point penalty for each of the aforementioned cars. It will be reflected in the results for Race 2.

Like I said, I hate it when this happens, but I consider this fair based upon the information provided by CAMS and the rules of the V8CFL. Because it was a combined teams penalty, not just one car specifically on that team, the punishment doses will be halved.

Now, does anyone know exactly WHAT the infringement was? I am curious.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 29 Jul 2019 07:40:09

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  09:20:59  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good on you for sticking to the rules and not changing mid-year.
I've read no other clarification other than what you've stated up there, can only think the refueling towers were out of position by what... 300mm?

"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 29 Jul 2019 :  09:45:49  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Good on you for sticking to the rules and not changing mid-year.
I've read no other clarification other than what you've stated up there, can only think the refueling towers were out of position by what... 300mm?

Thanks, mate. Just trying to fair across the board here. If one is pinged for something a few weeks back then one should be pinged as well now.

We'll make these rules better next season and possibly get rid of stuff like this (team penalties). This all started with that wheel lock penalty that the sanctioning body started issuing this season.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds.