V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 National Anthem
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  06:09:15  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How long had they been playing the anthem before every race , as well as having a chaplain speak?
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1197 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  06:55:45  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Given what's been happening in other sports or civic functions with the Anthem and other traditions this saddens me as its becoming norm now to not risk offending SOMEONE. I do hope SC are not enrolling in the PC brigade? Like the Anthem or not its IS our song at least stand for it don't sing it is ok. I would like though when it is sung by whoever they sing it as it should be not butchered like some try and do.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10343 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  09:21:25  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I actually like our anthem and love hearing, we don't need it played on the grid before every Supercars race though

When I was a kid I remember going to ATCC/V8SC rounds and they would play the anthem and a chaplain's prayer over the PA after all the categories had finished their Sunday morning warmup prior to the first event of the day on the program

That was the perfect way of doing it in my opinion
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2698 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  10:21:34  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think there should be a Welcome to Country at some point during each event.

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  11:39:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

I am more concerned as to why Supercars has got rid of the chaplain and the anthem! Is it to appease non-bacon eaters? I think that is where it's at! If they don't like our way of life, we shouldn't be changing it for them, they can **** off back to the it sand ****hole!

you really need to run for parliament

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1197 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  12:04:13  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

Immediately followed by the Anthem.
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion

1051 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  12:17:48  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And after that we definitely will need a prayer
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2770 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  13:37:30  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This isn't America, tjey can **** off with the God **** as well.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  14:22:54  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JD

And after that we definitely will need a prayer

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6385 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  16:23:21  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

This is actually something I am surprised they haven't adopted yet.

Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  23:01:54  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

I just wish they'd ditch Advance Australia Fair.
It would have to be the crappest national anthem going.

Are you kidding?

It's one of the best national anthems in the world.

Have you heard some of the anthems from Asian and Middle Eastern countries - they are truly terrible.

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion

New Zealand
1132 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

Posted - 01 Aug 2019 :  19:13:46  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm indifferent. Anthems seem suitable when it's two countries competing against each other and both anthems are played beforehand, or only the winner's anthem is played afterwards. For Supercars it feels like more pomp than necessary. Same goes for the excessive size of some of the trophies.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Aug 2019 :  19:18:27  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Love how people are complaining about a pastor praying for the safety of the drivers ...... wonder what would happen if the drivers complained are your beliefs?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
15994 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 01 Aug 2019 :  22:32:01  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

I am more concerned as to why Supercars has got rid of the chaplain and the anthem! Is it to appease non-bacon eaters? I think that is where it's at! If they don't like our way of life, we shouldn't be changing it for them, they can **** off back to the it sand ****hole!

you really need to run for parliament

I will only do it if I can shoot the ones I don't like! Reckon we would need a general elction after my first day!
I don't mind things changing if there is value to be added, but not to appease hostile immigrants! SVG should be allowed to do a skid on some of these decision makers heads!( He does the best skids).

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion

1051 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 02 Aug 2019 :  12:04:01  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Big em go for it.

I'll gladly be your wingman
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.36 seconds.