V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 National Anthem
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Harry S
Fujitsu Driver



Australia
635 Posts
joined 29 Mar 09

 offline

Posted - 02 Aug 2019 :  12:58:37  Show Profile Send Harry S a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oldie but a goodie - this right here is the sort of pre-race prayer that we need if we're going to have one.
https://youtu.be/J74y88YuSJ8

When the going gets tough..............
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
6909 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 02 Aug 2019 :  14:52:27  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's some Ricky Bobby live action right there!


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager



New Zealand
8086 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 02 Aug 2019 :  17:58:45  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ditch the anthem I say.

( Itís irrelevant to the many Kiwis racing in (and dominating) the series )

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 02 Aug 2019 :  17:59:39  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

Ditch the anthem I say.

( Itís irrelevant to the many Kiwis racing in (and dominating) the series )



Ha ha well played

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

frosty_fan26
Pit Crew




Australia
118 Posts
joined 14 Mar 12

 offline

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  08:46:26  Show Profile Send frosty_fan26 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm OK with the anthem being saved for major events... we don't need it every race.

And as for the pre-race prayer, this is a secular country & I think it's completely unnecessary to have it. And as said above, I think an indigenous 'Welcome to country" is much more important than having a prayer.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  08:59:12  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by frosty_fan26

I'm OK with the anthem being saved for major events... we don't need it every race.

And as for the pre-race prayer, this is a secular country & I think it's completely unnecessary to have it. And as said above, I think an indigenous 'Welcome to country" is much more important than having a prayer.



The prayer isnít for you mate, itís for the drivers....shouldnít they be ones to choose ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers



Australia
2698 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

 offline

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  10:48:25  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by frosty_fan26

I'm OK with the anthem being saved for major events... we don't need it every race.

And as for the pre-race prayer, this is a secular country & I think it's completely unnecessary to have it. And as said above, I think an indigenous 'Welcome to country" is much more important than having a prayer.



The prayer isnít for you mate, itís for the drivers....shouldnít they be ones to choose ?


It isn't just for the drivers. Coleman always talks about the safety of team members, officials and spectators, both at the track and in travelling home.

What's stopping a driver or anyone else having a prayer in private?

Go to Top of Page

frosty_fan26
Pit Crew




Australia
118 Posts
joined 14 Mar 12

 offline

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  10:57:21  Show Profile Send frosty_fan26 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by frosty_fan26

I'm OK with the anthem being saved for major events... we don't need it every race.

And as for the pre-race prayer, this is a secular country & I think it's completely unnecessary to have it. And as said above, I think an indigenous 'Welcome to country" is much more important than having a prayer.



The prayer isnít for you mate, itís for the drivers....shouldnít they be ones to choose ?



Yes, it is for the individual to choose (and it's not just for the drivers). As said above, do it in private if that is your belief.
Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Pit Crew



139 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

 offline

Posted - 14 Aug 2019 :  10:01:30  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I really detest having to wait for the anthem before any sporting event and adding some 'non-denominational' (read; christian but not specific to a lesser label) chaplain is just more forced indoctrination. No one needs to pray for the drivers, everyone wishes them safety in their sport. If you need a prayer to enforce that you have some very questionable ethics.

Nationalism is a blight on humanity. Playing a song to celebrate that you were born on a piece of dirt somewhere on earth that happens to be more special than the other pieces of dirt elsewhere on earth because of made up borders has to be the ultimate form of narcissism and idiocy.

Previously I chose to mute whenever they started to waffle on but now they probably got the hint that almost no one cares to see that crap when they tuned into motorsport. I quite enjoy the fact that F1 does the interviews straight out of the car now so as soon as that's over I can switch off and skip the winners anthem.

666
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 14 Aug 2019 :  13:12:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So we should be inclusive off all faiths,sexuality and opinions....as long as we agree with it

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 14 Aug 2019 :  13:45:45  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mechz

I really detest having to wait for the anthem before any sporting event and adding some 'non-denominational' (read; christian but not specific to a lesser label) chaplain is just more forced indoctrination. No one needs to pray for the drivers, everyone wishes them safety in their sport. If you need a prayer to enforce that you have some very questionable ethics.

Nationalism is a blight on humanity. Playing a song to celebrate that you were born on a piece of dirt somewhere on earth that happens to be more special than the other pieces of dirt elsewhere on earth because of made up borders has to be the ultimate form of narcissism and idiocy.

Previously I chose to mute whenever they started to waffle on but now they probably got the hint that almost no one cares to see that crap when they tuned into motorsport. I quite enjoy the fact that F1 does the interviews straight out of the car now so as soon as that's over I can switch off and skip the winners anthem.



So if a prayer is nothing more than "best wishes to the driver" what is the issue other than you hate that the person saying it believes in someone you don't?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 14 Aug 2019 :  15:17:45  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

So we should be inclusive off all faiths,sexuality and opinions....as long as we agree with it



If you don't, keep that **** to yourself and cry in a quiet corner. The rest of us don't need to hear how someones feelings are hurt because they believe something else then what you believe.

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by Mechz

I really detest having to wait for the anthem before any sporting event and adding some 'non-denominational' (read; christian but not specific to a lesser label) chaplain is just more forced indoctrination. No one needs to pray for the drivers, everyone wishes them safety in their sport. If you need a prayer to enforce that you have some very questionable ethics.

Nationalism is a blight on humanity. Playing a song to celebrate that you were born on a piece of dirt somewhere on earth that happens to be more special than the other pieces of dirt elsewhere on earth because of made up borders has to be the ultimate form of narcissism and idiocy.

Previously I chose to mute whenever they started to waffle on but now they probably got the hint that almost no one cares to see that crap when they tuned into motorsport. I quite enjoy the fact that F1 does the interviews straight out of the car now so as soon as that's over I can switch off and skip the winners anthem.



So if a prayer is nothing more than "best wishes to the driver" what is the issue other than you hate that the person saying it believes in someone you don't?



That's not what he said at all.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

Edited by - AlbertM on 14 Aug 2019 15:25:29
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17197 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 14 Aug 2019 :  16:24:12  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

So we should be inclusive off all faiths,sexuality and opinions....as long as we agree with it



If you don't, keep that **** to yourself and cry in a quiet corner. The rest of us don't need to hear how someones feelings are hurt because they believe something else then what you believe.

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by Mechz

I really detest having to wait for the anthem before any sporting event and adding some 'non-denominational' (read; christian but not specific to a lesser label) chaplain is just more forced indoctrination. No one needs to pray for the drivers, everyone wishes them safety in their sport. If you need a prayer to enforce that you have some very questionable ethics.

Nationalism is a blight on humanity. Playing a song to celebrate that you were born on a piece of dirt somewhere on earth that happens to be more special than the other pieces of dirt elsewhere on earth because of made up borders has to be the ultimate form of narcissism and idiocy.

Previously I chose to mute whenever they started to waffle on but now they probably got the hint that almost no one cares to see that crap when they tuned into motorsport. I quite enjoy the fact that F1 does the interviews straight out of the car now so as soon as that's over I can switch off and skip the winners anthem.



So if a prayer is nothing more than "best wishes to the driver" what is the issue other than you hate that the person saying it believes in someone you don't?



That's not what he said at all.



Is the preacher not effectively wishing them safety in the races?

Perhaps some folk do it in different ways. A pat on the back. A thumbs up. A "top step mate" as the driver is getting ready. A prayer.

I am not phased one way or the other (even as a christian), Betty (who I don't think is a christian) values what he does and his part in the day.

The role he plays each weekend goes so much further than that single minute of your life when he prays before a race and I hope that none of us here ever need his services.

Or should I just wish you well?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God



Vatican City
17530 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 14 Aug 2019 :  16:36:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

So we should be inclusive off all faiths,sexuality and opinions....as long as we agree with it



If you don't, keep that **** to yourself and cry in a quiet corner. The rest of us don't need to hear how someones feelings are hurt because they believe something else then what you believe.

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by Mechz

I really detest having to wait for the anthem before any sporting event and adding some 'non-denominational' (read; christian but not specific to a lesser label) chaplain is just more forced indoctrination. No one needs to pray for the drivers, everyone wishes them safety in their sport. If you need a prayer to enforce that you have some very questionable ethics.

Nationalism is a blight on humanity. Playing a song to celebrate that you were born on a piece of dirt somewhere on earth that happens to be more special than the other pieces of dirt elsewhere on earth because of made up borders has to be the ultimate form of narcissism and idiocy.

Previously I chose to mute whenever they started to waffle on but now they probably got the hint that almost no one cares to see that crap when they tuned into motorsport. I quite enjoy the fact that F1 does the interviews straight out of the car now so as soon as that's over I can switch off and skip the winners anthem.



So if a prayer is nothing more than "best wishes to the driver" what is the issue other than you hate that the person saying it believes in someone you don't?



That's not what he said at all.


Not real sure what that abuse is about..but anyway...so you believe that the drivers should not have a chaplin say a prayer for them because it offends you

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot



12532 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

 offline

Posted - 16 Aug 2019 :  12:42:02  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sonic, the point Mechz was making and you highlighted, is that you don't need a prayer to wish some one well.

Tricky, no abuse. I was speaking generally. And no, that's not what I believe or even said.

Given the lack of outcry of the masses, maybe it is only you that is offended.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.11 seconds.