V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Penalties
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Coyote302
V8 Champion

Australia
1009 Posts
joined 16 Dec 09

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  20:07:14  Show Profile Send Coyote302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With Scott McLaughlin opening a big lead in the championship how long before we see SM cop penalties to try reduce his championship lead?
It's happened before.

Member 6,356,453 Church of Ambroseology

If you can't beat them, sook until you get the rules changed.

_Mford

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13398 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  20:19:43  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't know if they'd be game enough to try it these days

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Jam3s
Team Manager

2793 Posts
joined 02 Mar 13

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  20:21:26  Show Profile Send Jam3s a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is bordering on mental illness now.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17861 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  20:42:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Coyote302

With Scott McLaughlin opening a big lead in the championship how long before we see SM cop penalties to try reduce his championship lead?
It's happened before.

It will happen..you can see it coming

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

jamolad
Premenstrual Icelandic Wombat

Australia
1257 Posts
joined 08 Dec 06

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  22:15:07  Show Profile Send jamolad a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Has happened before, but I don't see him making all those mistakes again that deserved penalties.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1608 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 30 Jul 2019 :  22:39:24  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
13/10/19.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1764 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  04:42:39  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It's happened before.

True. Drivers in the title hunt have received inconvenient penalties. Including T8 drivers.

Can anyone produce any actual statistics on penalties incurred by championship leaders vs chasers?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1260 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  07:12:36  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I do hope this does NOT occur, if it does its clear evidence its not about the sport its about the TV.

SC missed a chance to hit him with points on the weekend with fines so maybe this concern is/maybe unfounded. I a sure SM will be trying hard to keep clean, but if he slips up they don't go overboard in the penalty application. If he can get to a 600+ point lead it would take some "penalising" to get him back to the field and that would be pretty stupid of S/C if they pulled that stunt.
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
313 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  07:43:57  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fordman

SC missed a chance to hit him with points on the weekend with fines so maybe this concern is/maybe unfounded.

You mean with the poster and the burnout?

Ford planned the poster knowing permission is required and knowing the fine. They also instructed Scott to do a burnout beyond the allocated burnout area - why?

Ford *wants* to be penalised because they like the fan reaction.

I wouldn’t put it past them to be analyse the rule book searching for ways to get more of the same.
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1260 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 31 Jul 2019 :  07:54:21  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

quote:

SC missed a chance to hit him with points on the weekend with fines so maybe this concern is/maybe unfounded.

Ford planned the poster knowing permission is required and knowing the fine. They also instructed Scott to do a burnout beyond the allocated burnout area - why?

I wouldn’t put it past them to be analyse the rule book searching for ways to get more of the same.

Yes, imagine if it was 150 points Don't really care about team fines like these good PR result as we have seen. Just hoe they [SC] don't go "looking" for something to ping him for just to make the points closer
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13398 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 05 Aug 2019 :  21:31:09  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by abhibeckert

quote:

Delusional.
Yep Ford got on his team radio and said do a big burn out right in front the control tower.

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4457 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 06 Aug 2019 :  07:29:44  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It's happened before.

Who gives a ****?? His that far ahead no penalty will close the gap.. Might as well give him the trophy now, it's in the bag!
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22443 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Aug 2019 :  08:07:32  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:

It's happened before.

Who gives a ****?? His that far ahead no penalty will close the gap.. Might as well give him the trophy now, it's in the bag!

I haven't heard the fat lady singing yet...
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2815 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 06 Aug 2019 :  10:23:54  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Probably, they have penalised Jdub plenty of times before
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4457 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 06 Aug 2019 :  17:05:50  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

quote:

It's happened before.

Clean your ears out!!!

I'd bet you my house Scott wins it!

Edited by - joe5619 on 06 Aug 2019 17:07:10
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4222 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 06 Aug 2019 :  17:56:32  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

quote:

It's happened before.

I didn't think she was a fat lady, just not skinny. Maybe Virgin can get their lovely crew member back singing the National Anthem and overrule that meanie who temporarily runs Supercars.

The only way that I could see Scotty not handling the Championship trophy is if it is a posthumous award and that is extremely unlikely and certainly not desirable.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.56 seconds.