V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 What price intergrity?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14313 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 16 Aug 2019 :  22:57:12  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is very interesting...

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/aug/16/alan-jones-writes-to-jacinda-ardern-to-apologise-after-companies-pull-ads?CMP=soc_567&fbclid=IwAR05NdtiOj8gFNENveV1UVKhuhp8AgawNfQpcgbwy-WXY2EGienzlgDBuGo

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 16 Aug 2019 22:58:24

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9932 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Aug 2019 :  23:56:07  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's either interesting or just more of the same. Just like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZugxmGMJc Abuse, deride, double down, refusing to apologise, then... apologises. (The interview after the first one is worth a listen as well. It's one of his cringeworthy apologies.) It was the same with Julia Gillard back when, and as usual, he's making out that he's the expert and these women are either stupid or lying. This is the man who has had the most defamation actions succeed against him in this country ever. That is, found to be telling untruths about people and not backing down until taken to court. Not once, not twice, not ten times, but at least eighteen times - the last time, sued for over $3,700,000. Still, some people still think he's marvellous.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14313 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2019 :  07:49:36  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I remember him shaming murder victim Paula Brown, for her loose morals "Running around with sailors"...proven not true...

Then there was his Kalajzich was innocent,lets demand a royal commission into a police cover up(did he ever apologize to the NSW Police?), proven not true....

His "her father died of shame".... and "tie her up in a chaff bag and dump her at sea" of the then PM Gillard...

Does Alan not like woman?...he certainly seems to condone violence towards them...

Clearly some of his sponsors have female customers though...and ol Al's hate speech stops when the cash does also...

Edited by - REM on 17 Aug 2019 07:55:05
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17866 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2019 :  08:35:02  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
we don't get Alans radio show down this way so despite zaccys comments im not a supporter as I don't listen to him...but im fairly sure I have apologised before for something I said that was misunderstood. From the little I know, I think his heart is in the right place...exept for his stance on George Pell

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14313 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2019 :  08:45:27  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Interesting, from what I see and know...his heart is a pretty dark and dried up place...

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9932 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Aug 2019 :  12:08:21  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

we don't get Alans radio show down this way

Yes, you do. Most radio stations (including 2GB) have online apps to enable people to listen to those stations wherever they are. Radio stations advertise that as well: "Just click on the...". I frequently hear people calling into Sydney radio stations from Alaska, Brazil, China, South Australia, or wherever they may be listening.

The mobile phone in your pocket, the PC on your desk, play it via Bluetooth in your car, take your pick. Are you pretending you've never heard of this, or you really haven't?

You've used that "I'm not a supporter" line a number of times before, too. "I'm not a Donald Trump supporter, but...", "I'm not a Tommy Robinson supporter, but...", followed by support for whoever you're not supporting. Perhaps you haven't noticed.

Edited by - Zac on 17 Aug 2019 12:31:35
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17866 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 17 Aug 2019 :  12:28:14  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

we don't get Alans radio show down this way

Yes, you do. Most radio stations (including 2GB) have online apps to enable people to listen to those stations wherever they may be. They frequently advertise that as well: "Just click on the...".

The mobile phone in your pocket, the PC on your desk, play it via Bluetooth in your car, take your pick. Are you pretending you've never heard of this, or you really haven't?

You've used that "I'm not a supporter" line a number of times before, too. "I'm not a Donald Trump supporter, but...", "I'm not a Tommy Robinson supporter, but...", followed by support for whoever you're not supporting. Perhaps you haven't noticed.

Well yes zaccy you are correct, if I bothered I could get it online....however I canít be bothered ... we use to get Alan now we get some other guy on our local radio station

And yes iam not a supporter of trump,Robinson or Jones
That doesnít mean that I donít agree with everything they say either .....I donít agree with everything I say

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4227 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 17 Aug 2019 :  22:32:50  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
9 buying Fairfax and Macquarie is costing them a lot more than the purchase prices.

There are many millions of dollars of court cases already decided against them and a lot more in the pipeline, mostly due to non-impartial alleged journalists pushing either the extremist left or extremist right ideologies.

Methinks there needs to be a good cleanout of these extremists.

quote:
Russell Tate, the chairman of Macquarie Media Limited, which owns 2GB, said in a statement on Saturday: "Notwithstanding [Jones's] apologies, I have today discussed the matter with Alan and advised him that any recurrence of commentary of this nature will result in the termination of his contract."

The statement followed reports that the comments had resulted in the loss of at least one major advertiser for 2GB, with ME Bank announcing its decision to pull advertising on Friday.

"We take this very seriously and these types of comments don't reflect our values," the statement said.

"We've expressed our concerns to 2GB and have pulled advertising."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-17/alan-jones-jacinda-ardern-further-comments-termination-2gb/11424876

Days later, Sunday: I was watching Insiders today, and the Drum sometimes during the week, both good ABC programs.

I find it slightly amusing, although serious, that the talking head journalists are rabbiting on about press freedom and journalistic freedom, but absolutely deny it to Alan Jones.

What price journalistic freedom, when you get the likes of the two Jones boys, Alan and Tony, both pushing their extremist views albeit for the two extremes.

Another point with Alan Jones is that they claim he has a problem with women and just attacks women.

Either the Wagner boys have had sex change operations or that is a convenient MeToo type assertion.

Yes indeed: What Price Integrity!

Edited by - oldtimer on 18 Aug 2019 14:24:42
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9932 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 18 Aug 2019 :  14:41:35  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

I find it slightly amusing, although serious, that the talking head journalists are rabbiting on about press freedom and journalistic freedom, but absolutely deny it to Alan Jones.

I can't think of any "talking head journalists" or any other journalists denying press and journalistic freedom to Alan Jones, and I can't think of him being referred to as a journalist either. I do know of someone restricting whatever freedom it may be that you're referring to though: His employer. Alan Jones is on his last warning.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22450 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Aug 2019 :  15:01:39  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think intergrity and Alan Jones should ever be mentioned at the same time, unless as a reference as to what not to do.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17866 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Aug 2019 :  13:14:00  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If AJ had it said it about a male, I donít think it would be an issue....clearly the feminist movement has a bit to go yet to get clear parity

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9932 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  10:25:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jacinda Ardern was on breakfast radio in NZ this morning, and she was asked about that man with all the integrity, Alan Jones.

"I don't have an opinion on every single person who says something about me, particularly given that this is an Australian commentator. We have enough of our own to occupy my time", and... "so let's just say that revenge is best served through a Bledisloe Cup."

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/revenge-is-best-served-through-a-bledisloe-cup-jacinda-arderns-brilliant-rebuke-to-alan-jones-as-more-companies-pull-advertising-from-2gb-and-the-controversial-radio-host-faces-calls-to-resign/ar-AAG1THW?ocid=ientp

Edited by - Zac on 20 Aug 2019 10:26:43
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17866 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  11:32:26  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ooook then

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9932 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  13:00:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK mate. I knew you'd like it.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17866 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  13:09:15  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not real sure what the all blacks and AJs comments have in common

How society has changed eh ?

https://youtu.be/-_5gWURWnnQ

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22450 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Aug 2019 :  13:36:16  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds.