V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 Anthoine Hubert - RIP
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 01 Sep 2019 :  18:28:02  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Putting this here as it happened at an F1 event.

Absolute shocker of a crash in last night's race at Spa has ended with the death of one of the competitors.

I haven't seen the impact shown on any of the tv coverage but I did see it from someone in the crowd on their phone and it really was one of the biggest you would ever hope to never see

From the tv coverage it looks like it was a lose to driver's left, bounced him across the track to driver's right and then, while stationary, was t-boned at very high speed at the top of the hill.

RIP Anthoine Hubert.

I have often felt that to be a pretty dangerous spot for when drivers do have a moment. The tyres stop the heavy wall impact but when they spit you fully across the track in the way this did they really must revisit track safety and find a way to arrest the cars so this doesn't happen again.

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17527 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Sep 2019 :  18:38:43  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another reminder of the dangers of our sport.....

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8086 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 01 Sep 2019 :  18:56:34  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nasty accident. I think Sonic is right that part of the track is dangerous especially coming up over the hill.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10585 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 01 Sep 2019 :  22:44:18  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Truly awful. Poor fella was younger than me! Watched the crash and it was pretty brutal.

"Holden name goes, T8 and HRT band together and become: Chevrolet United National Team Sports, has a nice ring? Headed up by Roland of course!!" - REM

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17196 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 02 Sep 2019 :  13:24:18  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Truly awful. Poor fella was younger than me! Watched the crash and it was pretty brutal.

reminded me of Alex Zanardi's crash when he lost his legs [:'(]

sadly this time we were not so fortunate.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds.