V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2019 V8CFL - Rules Interpretation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeamerica84
V8 Champion

USA
1208 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  11:48:25  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought this deserved a new thread.

Per the V8CFL rules, as noted in the Rules/Format thread, if identical teams are matched up against each other in the V8CFL Tournament, a coin flip will be utilized to determine the victor.

Now said teams have to be identical from Group A all the way through Group F. In the V8CFL itself, we have HAD two identical teams for quite some time - Ain't Care Motorsports and A-Tech Motorsport. In the V8CFL, the lower team in the table gets the advantage every race. This tiebreaker had been used back and forth with these two teams for a few months.

For V8CFL Tournament purposes this year, this did not come into play, for these teams were NOT identical when they raced each other. Now, they cannot meet in the V8CFL Tournament final for Ain't Care Motorsports has been eliminated.

However, there are two teams currently in the Final Four for the V8CFL Tournament that are EXTREMELY close to being identical, with the exception of their Group F cars - McG Motorsport and Scott Morrison Motorsports. If these two teams make the final, a slight tweak of either's rosters could provide for identical teams and subsequently a coin flip.

I do not want the V8CFL Tournament decided by a coin flip. For one, who would know it was legit unless I posted it on youtube? I would be doing it on the other side of the planet. And for two, I think the champ should be determined on the race track, not in the V8CFL board room of directors (i.e. me).

In the Rules/Format thread, although a coin flip would be the tiebreaker for two identical teams in V8CFL Tournament play, there is another caveat which I am going to point out, and that is I reserve the right for final say in rules.

I am going to exercise this right effective immediately:

If we have roster changes that will make the final two teams identical, I will void the changes.

Now, if one Team Principal makes a move to line his team up identically with his opponent, that is okay for the interim. I will give the opponent a chance and time to counter that move. However, if the counter is not made prior to the change deadline, which is always Midnight Thursday prior to the event, in this case Newcastle, and the teams are still identical, the roster change(s) will be null and void.

Do not confuse this with no changes can be MADE, it is only preventing changes made to make the teams identical.

I hate to step in with a big stick, but I will do so if required. I felt approaching it in this manner is at least a heads-up to all participants. I only want to be fair and I think this is fair.

As for next season, I will eliminate this coin flip tiebreaker, which had never been used anyways. It just came to my attention in the last few days that this could actually happen. It was a slight flaw in the rules, so to speak.

Scott Morrison Motorsports Team Principal Trickyonne and McG Motorsport Head Honcho DanMcG have both been PM-d of this course of action I am laying out.

Happy racing, men!

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 01 Nov 2019 11:49:00
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds.