V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Where to for Simona?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pod 3:16
Cunning Linguist

Australia
790 Posts
joined 17 Feb 03

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  14:34:17  Show Profile  Click to see Pod 3:16's MSN Messenger address Send Pod 3:16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the Kelly's going to a 2 car programme next year and not taking Simona with them, what are the chances of her getting picked up for a drive next year, and where would she be likely to end up if she does?
I hope to see her on the grid next year. Thoughts?

DILLIGAF

ignition
Terminator

2413 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  15:02:19  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i think the "female driver in v8 supercars wow!!!" feel has disappeared and is no longer relevant. she's essentially only here because she was paid to be IIRC, and if you ask me she doesn't really hold any extra value for sponsors or teams as any other driver would anyway...

having said that, it would be interesting to see her in a competitive car. unlikely to come about though imo
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6780 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  15:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon Sydney team with JCourtney. Webb loves people who bring money.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17269 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  15:11:31  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
if the connections with the Kelly's are good maybe in the Muz for the enduros?

Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17944 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  15:13:33  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

I think that's the best she can hope for

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8186 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  15:44:58  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Doesn’t read that way, at the end of the article Kelly Racing states “we wish them all the best for their future”.

I wonder if she is here on a work sponsored visa or has PR?

Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6780 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  15:51:36  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

quote:

Doesn’t read that way, at the end of the article Kelly Racing states “we wish them all the best for their future”.

I wonder if she is here on a work sponsored visa or has PR?

I believe she has simply used 417 working holiday visa's and that her time in the KR Nissan farm equipment, as well as racing at Winton, has been enough to satisfy the time required 'working in a regional area'.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2947 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  17:52:02  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think ignition is on the money with the “female in Supercars” wow factor gone. I also think it was a wasted opportunity and was done all wrong.

She’d have to be gone or very close to as her skills in Supercars are average at best. I’d like to see her return to open wheel racing somewhere or maybe even HN could fund her in another Aussie series more suitable to her skill set such as S5000 or formula ford

Go to Top of Page

Tasv8
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
748 Posts
joined 17 Mar 09

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  17:54:07  Show Profile Send Tasv8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

I think ignition is on the money with the “female in Supercars” wow factor gone. I also think it was a wasted opportunity and was done all wrong.

She’d have to be gone or very close to as her skills in Supercars are average at best. I’d like to see her return to open wheel racing somewhere or maybe even HN could fund her in another Aussie series more suitable to her skill set such as S5000 or formula ford

I'm sure she's praying she gets a Formula Ford drive.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14338 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  20:19:37  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Given that RD really wanted her last year, I'd love to see her replace Jamie in 2021....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

Tasv8
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
748 Posts
joined 17 Mar 09

Posted - 01 Nov 2019 :  20:37:40  Show Profile Send Tasv8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Given that RD really wanted her last year, I'd love to see her replace Jamie in 2021....

That's worth another few.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4284 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 Nov 2019 :  15:24:55  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are still at least 4, maybe 7, seats available for 2020 and Simona has sponsor backing.

It's not over until it's over.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2947 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 02 Nov 2019 :  16:36:06  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

There are still at least 4, maybe 7, seats available for 2020 and Simona has sponsor backing.

It's not over until it's over.

Got a link to that backing? Are you sure it has not ended or been pulled?
Go to Top of Page

Preditor
Transporter Driver

23 Posts
joined 14 Aug 19

Posted - 02 Nov 2019 :  21:48:18  Show Profile Send Preditor a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It would be ashamed to lose her, give her the 17 car and she would have one a championship.

I heard there will be a name change to the series next year, the new name is Penske mustang cup series with their major sponsor to be Laxative guarantee to clear any backing up at Bathurst 2020.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10395 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 02 Nov 2019 :  22:08:36  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Preditor

It would be ashamed to lose her, give her the 17 car and she would have one a championship.

Would she?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2947 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 03 Nov 2019 :  08:10:46  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Preditor

In car 17 she would probably fifteen a championship not one.

Simonas results have been poor at best.

Wild cards:
2015: Equal last with Codriver
2016: Equal Second last with codriver
2017: 24th
2018: 23rd
2019: currently 20th. Richie who is 24th and has not entered every event.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.09 seconds.