V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Radio Daze
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamolad
Premenstrual Icelandic Wombat

Australia
1280 Posts
joined 08 Dec 06

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  11:10:18  Show Profile Send jamolad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoever is putting those Radio Daze clips together, you are doing some awesome work! Really enjoying those segments.

Wonder how far back they have recordings of radio chat between engineers and drivers...if we will see some Radio Daze segments on races prior to the last few years.

At times some are quick to ****-can the coverage, be it commentators, what/who they show, etc...so just thought I'd give a shout-out/compliment to whoever is bringing us Radio Daze.

I tips me lid to you

AlbertM
Crackpot

12912 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  11:25:25  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Where can one find Radio Daze?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

jamolad

Australia
1280 Posts
joined 08 Dec 06

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  13:01:26  Show Profile Send jamolad a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks to be a Foxsports thing but could not find a dedicated section or filter for it on their site.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Afoxsports.com.au+radio+daze&rlz=1C1GCEA_enAU871AU873&oq=site%3Afoxsports.com.au+radio+daze&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.11492j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on

They are on Kayo too, who give a 14 day free trial. Used to be Coopers radio few years ago, there was a good one on the washed out Clipsal Sunday 2016 with drivers asking why Percat was celebrating like he won.

Edited by - jamolad on 24 Nov 2019 13:04:58
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12912 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  13:19:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cheers, mate.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

jamolad

Australia
1280 Posts
joined 08 Dec 06

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  13:33:32  Show Profile Send jamolad a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some are better than others. Bathurst 2018 was a bit disappointing as it is mostly just car 9 chat with a little 888 towards the end; whereas others like Newcastle 2017 has a much broader range but I guess that is due to the different circumstances/incidents.

Not trying to stir by posting this one; just an example of one of the 'better' ones that gives good perspective: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/motorsport/supercars/radio-daze-newcastle-2017!667134
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12912 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  13:36:56  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Funny you mentioned the Bathurst 2018 one. I didn't watch the race and didn't know what heart break Reynolds went through.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7107 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  13:46:33  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Between Foxsports and Supercars, they upload most of them to YouTube.
Just search Radio Daze.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.