V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Supercar Awards (Spoiler?)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AlbertM
Crackpot

12913 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 24 Nov 2019 :  11:29:00  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mclaughlin-penrite-racing-win-fan-awards/

Can fault the fans choice so far. Penrite have had some good liveries this year. And I don't know about anyone else but does Scotty look like Lowndes? The eyebrows and grin.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7107 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  13:48:41  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I found it weird that the fans favourite event nominations closed before Newcastle... guess it won't be winning?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10657 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  16:47:28  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

I found it weird that the fans favourite event nominations closed before Newcastle... guess it won't be winning?

Newcastle actually won the best event award in 2017, despite the fact it hadn't been run by the time voting closed.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12913 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  22:04:49  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/all-the-winners-from-the-supercars-gala-awards/

Barry Sheene Medal: Shane van Gisbergen, Red Bull Holden Racing Team

2019 Supercars Champion: Scott McLaughlin

Supercars Driversí Driver: Scott McLaughlin

Champion Team Award: Shell V-Power Racing Team

2019 Supercars ARMOR ALL Pole Position: Scott McLaughlin, Shell V-Power Racing

Champion Manufacturer of the Year: Ford

Most Popular Driver - Fans' Choice: Scott McLaughlin

Best Event - Fans' Choice: Vodafone Gold Coast 600

Mike Kable Young Gun: Tyler Everingham, Matt White Motorsport

Dunlop Super2 Series Champion: Bryce Fullwood, Matt White Motorsport

2019 Dunlop Super2 ARMOR ALL Pole Position: Bryce Fullwood, Matt White Motorsport

Super3 Series Champion: Broc Feeney

ECB SuperUtes Series Champion: Tom Alexander

Gfinity Supercars Eseries Winner: Josh Rogers, Walkinshaw Andretti United

Best Presented Team - Fans' Choice: Penrite Racing

Virgin Australia Best Volunteer Group: Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix

Media Award: Tom Howard

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

DRB05
Team Manager

Australia
3686 Posts
joined 04 Apr 08

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  06:19:52  Show Profile Send DRB05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pretty surprised MCL won drivers driver after all the sledging and tall poppy syndrome
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2996 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  07:05:07  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DRB05

Pretty surprised MCL won drivers driver after all the sledging and tall poppy syndrome

Could of been polled prior to Bathurst but regardless of what happened he is the most entertaining to watch on track and the year would of been pretty damn boring without his balls to the wall efforts. I am not surprised he cleaned up.
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
338 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  08:33:43  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DRB05

Scotty had an almost perfect year as a driver. A couple crashes but those are just signs of pushing hard. Totally deserved the win.

If he didnít call the pit lane toxic heíd have won the Barry Sheene medal as well. I suspect heíll rise above that crap next year - top bloke.

Edited by - abhibeckert on 26 Nov 2019 08:36:20
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10657 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  20:00:31  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some people questioning Giz getting the Barry Sheene medal. Yes he does do some pretty questionable things sometimes and other times things that are just poor form, however I feel like he got it purely for stopping to help Scotty at the Gold Coast, and honestly for that alone, I believe he truly deserves it more than anyone else. Well done Giz.

Driver's Driver, well who else could it be? Nobody drove as well as he did so it was well deserved.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

181 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  21:29:39  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Djrford I agree that Scotty thoroughly deserved it and as a holden fan I really like the guy... Iíll certainly be cheering him on if he goes to the u.s of A. But whoís to say there werent others in lesser machinery who drove equally as well? Like I said I donít begrudge him winning it at all, I probably would have voted for him!
Go to Top of Page

Bloopy
V8 Champion

New Zealand
1166 Posts
joined 20 Oct 11

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  14:55:53  Show Profile  Visit Bloopy's Homepage Send Bloopy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Some people questioning Giz getting the Barry Sheene medal. Yes he does do some pretty questionable things sometimes and other times things that are just poor form, however I feel like he got it purely for stopping to help Scotty at the Gold Coast, and honestly for that alone, I believe he truly deserves it more than anyone else. Well done Giz.

That was the most memorable moment, but I think quite a few other things he's said and done throughout the year were in the same spirit at that. Including lending Stanaway an ear to help him deal with the circus. So yeah, well deserved.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4318 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  17:05:33  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They might have to start an award for best placed Australian.

Maybe the "Ocker Medal".

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.69 seconds.