V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Super2 or wildcards
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wombat_00
V8 Champion

Australia
1265 Posts
joined 07 Jan 03

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  12:30:08  Show Profile  Visit Wombat_00's Homepage Send Wombat_00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the somewhat high fees of running Super2 is it more beneficial to run a couple of wildcards compared to Super2? 1 wildcard round is probably equivalent to 2 rounds of Super2 kms wise.

Not sure what the costs of a wildcard round are but seems as though Thomas Randle is looking at couple of wildcards instaned of Super2

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/11/25/randle-uncertain-on-future-with-limited-supercars-options/

Will Brown also linked to Erebus wildcards for 2020

oldtimer
Team Manager

4318 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  13:31:29  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Kosteckis apparently think so too.

You mention Randle. I wonder if he might drive one of Rusty's TCM Mustangs instead of Super 2, but still do the enduros and maybe Wildcards with Tickford. The problem there is that the three Tickford seats in Super1 may be locked up for 2021 as well as 2020.

If it were my money, I would be looking at Kumho Touring Cars or TA2 or TCR or TCM, if one wanted touring car time. Super 2 is very expensive.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2996 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 25 Nov 2019 :  14:43:56  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Super 2 will be gone in a few years, to expensive and most teams go backwards in finances.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds.