No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General chit-chat
 Baby boomers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  18:05:01  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/federal-budget/we-earned-this-boomer-bonus-bleeding-the-rest-of-us-dry/news-story/8c270d0c07e7e939b3ac9272ac8a168b

No shock there then .......

Ford 2018 champions

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22516 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  22:20:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What's your point?
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  07:24:57  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

What's your point?

the baby boomers arnt as hard done by as they tell us

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22516 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  08:46:25  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you believe that then I have a bridge and a big hall to sell you.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5901 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  12:15:17  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
do we really need to go down the "ok Boomer" on this forum. I am happy to, but it won't be pleasant

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  15:52:17  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i didnt write the article

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6796 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  15:56:49  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

do we really need to go down the "ok Boomer" on this forum. I am happy to, but it won't be pleasant

Ok boomer. Go for it.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3556 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  17:38:32  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

Ok boomer. Go for it.

Beat me to it..

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12929 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  17:42:13  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Isn't that like saying; "Yes, I buried the land mine but I didn't manufacture it"?

Boomers did have it easier. Jobs of all trades were everywhere. They are not the reason younger generation struggle now. Greed and corruption is the reason they struggle.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  18:30:38  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

quote:

Isn't that like saying; "Yes, I buried the land mine but I didn't manufacture it"?

Boomers did have it easier. Jobs of all trades were everywhere. They are not the reason younger generation struggle now. Greed and corruption is the reason they struggle.

I agree....greed from the baby boomers who want stupid prices for their propertyís
You want to see a hard worker ?....look at a 20 something who is buying a home....or the parents of baby boomers who busted their nut building this country....not the baby boomers travelling around the country in their motor homes crying poor me

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22516 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  19:59:10  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So baby boomers, according to you, are responsible for the prices of homes...

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12929 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  20:01:59  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was thinking more of corporate greed and political corruption. Neither are age limited.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  20:03:54  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Canít think of any other generation who would have as much impact....do you ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12929 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  20:10:37  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
40-50 year old property developers come to mind.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1791 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 29 Nov 2019 :  09:55:50  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Canít think of any other generation who would have as much impact....do you ?

Yep. The 20 something's that are paying stupid prices to buy homes.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5901 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 29 Nov 2019 :  12:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and houses weren't expensive in 1980 when I first bought mine?

The cost of houses is driven by the purchaser, not by the seller, you would be pretty silly and ignorant to think anything different

My cousin bought a house in a inner Melbourne suburb for $48,000, now valued at about $1.4m - how has he contributed in the price going to that - all he did was buy in it and live in it

It is the idiots who pay the prices, and who are the new home buyers?

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds.